Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

9:18 AM 11/14/2018 | Energy

Michael Bastasch | Energy Editor

Scientists behind a headline-grabbing climate study admitted they “really muffed” their paper.

Their study claimed to find 60 percent more warming in the oceans, but that was based on math errors.

And with the corrections, still backed up the evidence of climate change.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You are confusing theory and fact. It is a fact carbon dioxide is trending upwards since the Industrial Revolution. It is a fact ice sheets in the Antarctic, Greenland, and the Tibetan plateau are melting at unprecedented rates. Science relies on measurement, and that's what the measurements are telling us.

and you are forgetting (if you ever knew) a very important rule of scientific research ..."correlation does not imply causation "

2 hours ago, faraday said:

If this climate change is real - & I doubt it is, then why are we still using plastic bottles?

How many of those er protesters use mobile phones, eat meat, drive cars etc? Most of them I expect.

Just wondering though....why were the Romans able to grow grapes in the North of England?

Ask yourself this question, how many climate scientist say it is real? Just about all of them..... but hey what do they know, right?

Why are we still using plastic bottles, that would be capitalism and inaction by governments, which is what she is saying.

Lame argument about technology that people use, they are asking for serious changes, or do you think people should live in caves before they are allowed a voice?

6 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Our planet is in the ' outskirts ' of a galaxy called the milky way ... In univere there are countless galaxys with trillions of suns ( stars ) , most of them having planetary systems ...

We are just part of a giant experiment ... that is to ensure the survival and balance of our biosphere because we need this to survive as a species . If we fail , our species is bound for extinction , we will not survive ... Then we did not pass the test and failed .

But somewhere else in universe there will be alien species more intelligent than us who will survive and manage their planet better than  us .

We all going to die, party on, there is no tomorow!

So, if we die out as a specie, why does that matter? Really, just think about for a second. It doesnt matter a <deleted>. 

And this is very plausible 

Intelligent life self-destructs. Whether via weapons of mass destruction, planetary pollution, or manufactured virulent disease, it may be the nature of intelligent species to commit suicide, existing for only a short time before winking out of existence.

Why we havent found any Aliens

https://www.space.com/37157-possible-reasons-we-havent-found-aliens.html

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Intelligent life self-destructs. Whether via weapons of mass destruction, planetary pollution, or manufactured virulent disease, it may be the nature of intelligent species to commit suicide, existing for only a short time before winking out of existence.

If that is  the case it is proof that the species is anything but ' intelligent ' , no ?

Or do you think that a species that finally destoys it self can be called ' intelligent ' , 55

Record highs don’t prove extreme global warming.

An increasing number of record highs does not prove or disprove catastrophic anthropogenic global warming. They are merely changes in temperature within a larger climatic period.

It’s no surprise that local record highs become more common during a warming period. The mercury has been rising since the end of the Little Ice Age, so it is nearly inevitable that new records will be set each year. The records are indeed one evidence of warming, but they’re no evidence of its cause.

Carbon dioxide emission from human activity has actually failed to cause substantial increase in global temperatures.

Climate alarmists, relying on computer climate models, predicted that the earth’s temperature would increase rapidly (typical predictions calling for about 0.3ºC of warming per decade) over the past two decades. Their forecasts proved to be wrong. Global average temperature failed to rise significantly during the past 18 years.

Human emissions of carbon dioxide are one of many causes are of global warming, but they’re not the primary driver.

Climate data from the past contradict the alarmist’s claims that carbon dioxide emissions from human activity have been the primary drivers of global temperatures.

Data show that the current warming is not unprecedented but was matched by the Roman Warm Period (roughly 250–400) and Medieval Warm Period (roughly 950–1250).

During those periods, carbon dioxide emissions from human activity were negligible compared to today’s levels. It follows that warming of the magnitude of the last 150 years or more can happen with or without human contribution.

Further, no conclusive evidence shows that the current warming has been exaggerated by human emissions.

Climate change is real, but man-made climate change is a hoax. The real scientific data show that CO2 lags behind the temperature increase. It is not the driver but the result. This is all a big show to tax you even more so that the big banks can get more money.

If we could only get as much enthusiasm for REAL ecological problems, like actualy cleaning up Fukushima or figuring out the long term effects of microplastic. There is more than enough real tangible ecological disasters happening.

14 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

So , if someone does not agree with you, they are greedy old men that should hurry up with dying..

How did you come up with such pearls of wisdom ?

Let me explain, there are people who are as concerned as you for the future of the planet, and many of them are not buying into this media circus.

Being a internet warrior is not doing a iota for the planet, thanks for reading.

Nothing to do with agreement or not, but to objecting and not taking action to preserve ourselves.

I presume that was what the poster alluded to.

8 minutes ago, Tagged said:

We all going to die, party on, there is no tomorow!

So, if we die out as a specie, why does that matter? Really, just think about for a second. It doesnt matter a <deleted>. 

And this is very plausible 

Why we havent found any Aliens

https://www.space.com/37157-possible-reasons-we-havent-found-aliens.html

We have not found any aliens , because the distance is simply too big . There will be no travel at the speed of light or above .

And even the light needs thousands and millions of years to reach us . We only have this planet and other species have their's .

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your ‘perfectly reasonable question’ conflating climate change with using plastic bottles.

Your post makes no sense at all.

Neither does yours.

Please read attached link:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/15/single-use-plastics-a-serious-climate-change-hazard-study-warns

I really can't be bothered to post any more links; there are plenty.

What about my other two questions?

2 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

If that is  the case it is proof that the species is anything but ' intelligent ' , no ?

Or do you think that a species that finally destoys it self can be called ' intelligent ' , 55

The life we are living, can not be called intelligent, or what? We know it is bad, but still do it? Ants live the same way, they use all their resources close by, die or move on, and go to war with other ants. Can we call ants civilized? Intelligent? They have a complexed system, they just do not drive cars, or fly engines yet, but some of them can actually fly. 

I think our planet is intelligent, and the life here, will go on to next level without us. The whole galaxy, universe and multiverses, must be full of life, and we are just a tiny tiny part of it. 

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

9:18 AM 11/14/2018 | Energy

Michael Bastasch | Energy Editor

Scientists behind a headline-grabbing climate study admitted they “really muffed” their paper.

Their study claimed to find 60 percent more warming in the oceans, but that was based on math errors.

Yes, so? Conclusion remains the same, man made global warming.

1 minute ago, nobodysfriend said:

We have not found any aliens , because the distance is simply too big . There will be no travel at the speed of light or above .

And even the fight needs thousands and millions of years ti reach us . We only have this planet and other species have their's .

But still we can send life trough space to another planet, we will just not be here when it reaches its destination. We can fertilize millions of planets before our time is up on this planet. Just think about it. 

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Greta would be the first to admit that she's a sacrificial pawn. A sacrifice that she's willing to make for the greater good.

In the end she'll get wealthy from this campaign as will the oil companies who will hoover up subsidies paid for by tax payers.

3 minutes ago, faraday said:

Neither does yours.

Please read attached link:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/15/single-use-plastics-a-serious-climate-change-hazard-study-warns

I really can't be bothered to post any more links; there are plenty.

What about my other two questions?

Exactly. If you're not already doing so, please stop using them.

9 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Can we call ants civilized? Intelligent?

In a certain  way , they are , at least it is not them who present a danger to the planet's ecosystem ...

11 minutes ago, Tagged said:

they just do not drive cars, or fly engines yet

being able to do that is no proof of intelligence .

Of course the homo sapiens is intelligent but apparently not intelligent enough ...   

13 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I think our planet is intelligent, and the life here, will go on to next level without us. The whole galaxy, universe and multiverses, must be full of life, and we are just a tiny tiny part of it. ---- > that is right in principle , but a pity that we will not be part of it ...

18 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, so? Conclusion remains the same, man made global warming.

Record highs don’t prove extreme global warming.

An increasing number of record highs does not prove or disprove catastrophic anthropogenic global warming. They are merely changes in temperature within a larger climatic period.

It’s no surprise that local record highs become more common during a warming period. The mercury has been rising since the end of the Little Ice Age, so it is nearly inevitable that new records will be set each year. The records are indeed one evidence of warming, but they’re no evidence of its cause.

Carbon dioxide emission from human activity has actually failed to cause substantial increase in global temperatures.

Climate alarmists, relying on computer climate models, predicted that the earth’s temperature would increase rapidly (typical predictions calling for about 0.3ºC of warming per decade) over the past two decades. Their forecasts proved to be wrong. Global average temperature failed to rise significantly during the past 18 years.

Human emissions of carbon dioxide are one of many causes are of global warming, but they’re not the primary driver.

Climate data from the past contradict the alarmist’s claims that carbon dioxide emissions from human activity have been the primary drivers of global temperatures.

Data show that the current warming is not unprecedented but was matched by the Roman Warm Period (roughly 250–400) and Medieval Warm Period (roughly 950–1250).

During those periods, carbon dioxide emissions from human activity were negligible compared to today’s levels. It follows that warming of the magnitude of the last 150 years or more can happen with or without human contribution.

Further, no conclusive evidence shows that the current warming has been exaggerated by human emissions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiked_(magazine)

"Environmentalists such as George Monbiot[27][20] and Peter Melchett have suggested that the group of writers associated with LM, several of whom went on to form the core editorial group at Spiked, continue to constitute a 'LM Network' pursuing an ideologically motivated 'anti-environmentalist' agenda under the guise of promoting Humanism.[28][29] Writers who used to write for Living Marxism reject this as a 'McCarthyite' conspiracy theory.[30] Monbiot described their views as having, "less in common with the left than with the fanatical right."[31]

The Spiked network has been active in campaigning for the UK to leave the European Union, with a number of its activists being involved in Nigel Farage's Brexit Party as candidates or publicists"

Forgive me if I take your "source" with more than a pinch of salt. I can see now why you originally didn't want to reveal it.

18 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Nothing to do with agreement or not, but to objecting and not taking action to preserve ourselves.

I presume that was what the poster alluded to.

Taking action eh.. I do my best everyday, since decades, to care for the environment, that's all we can do.

I wonder how many of you, clicking sad faces on my posts are vegetarian.. Are you vegetarian mr. stevenl ?

3 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

and how you want to do this ... go there by yourself ...?

When we are ready, there will be ships sent for other planets with lifeforms onboard to explore planets. 

The earth could also have been a target for this one time, and maybe still is. 

Archived