Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

24 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

No need to desire, Thailand is quite free of Antifa. The country is based on fascism, though, as per Phibun who admired Mussolini, so she would have her hands full here. Not really sexy as the media wouldn't care.

Such nonsense. She was photographed wearing a t-shirt that read "Antifascist All Stars" Apparently, it's a band.

"Opposing fascism or wearing an “Antifascist All Stars” T-shirt does not necessarily make one a member or supporter of “Antifa,” a frequently misunderstood and misused term that describes a movement of typically militant and sometimes violent left-wing activists in the United States and beyond.

Despite those nuances, Thunberg appears to have received criticism from some quarters for her decision to wear the T-shirt, and she eventually deleted the original photograph from her social media account. In a subsequent tweet, she offered an explanation that made it clear she had intended only to express her opposition to fascism, and that she rejected the use of violence:"

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/greta-thunberg-soros-isis-antifa/

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Noup. We'd need an anarchist like Greta here. 

Well..Greta's got bigger fish to fry...

Welcome to your particular hell hole- autocracy,oligarchy,suppression of speech,attacks upon freedom of thought,feudalism,physical and sexual slavery,wage exploitation, prejudice against women and complete wealth inequality.

No wonder that you are upset about Greta....

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Such nonsense. She was photographed wearing a t-shirt that read "Antifascist All Stars" Apparently, it's a band.

"Opposing fascism or wearing an “Antifascist All Stars” T-shirt does not necessarily make one a member or supporter of “Antifa,” a frequently misunderstood and misused term that describes a movement of typically militant and sometimes violent left-wing activists in the United States and beyond.

Despite those nuances, Thunberg appears to have received criticism from some quarters for her decision to wear the T-shirt, and she eventually deleted the original photograph from her social media account. In a subsequent tweet, she offered an explanation that made it clear she had intended only to express her opposition to fascism, and that she rejected the use of violence:"

for some strange reason... this tShirt would suit her very well... 

Image result for here's johnny tshirt  there's something evilish about some of her contortions 

11 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well..Greta's got bigger fish to fry...

Welcome to your particular hell hole- autocracy,oligarchy,suppression of speech,attacks upon freedom of thought,feudalism,physical and sexual slavery,wage exploitation, prejudice against women and complete wealth inequality.

No wonder that you are upset about Greta....

Yeah, she's wasting her efforts barking at the wrong tree. It's upsetting. 

18 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Yes yes, I was waiting for the inevitable it wasn't me, it was the one armed man. You'd have to chop off my limbs and head to get me to wear anything even remotely promoting left wing groups. Excuses, excuses. But I guess we know the music taste of her parents now.

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Yeah, she's wasting her efforts barking at the wrong tree. It's upsetting. 

Well....you had better start barking up another tree,shouldn't you?

Let's start with this..

"I live in a polluted hellhole,run by an autocratic government (I'm being kind) which has suppressed any form of democracy,destroyed freedom of speech and intellectual integrity and exploits to the max it's poor and it's women.For some unaccountable reason I prefer to ignore this whilst weaving

fantasies about Chicoms and Anti-pastifarians meanwhile myself (and my fellow fantasists) live by a thread never knowing when our friendly uniformed hordes won't pull another "Kristallnacht" on us.

Meanwhile..we will focus on Greta..

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well....you had better start barking up another tree,shouldn't you?

Haven't read many of my posts then? I think you'll be hard pressed to find a harder stance against the Thai military than I'm taking. I hate fascists with a passion, as well as communists. They are just each other's cousins. What I do support is freedom of speech, enterprise and opinion. You're welcome to have yours, which for some reason do seem strangely butthurt.

Anyway, yes let's focus on Greta. I'll be keeping an eye on what happens next. Right now she's already out of news, so I suppose it's see you next year, same procedure as usual.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

The thicker the blanket the slower the escape of the heat. The article does not say that the absence of H20 in the atmosphere magnifies CO2's effect. But the increasing presence of CO in the upper atmosphere increases the insulation and slows the escape of heat. The thicker the blanket the slower the escape of the heat. Currently H2O can't build up in the upper atmosphere because it's too cold. But cheer up. It's projected as atmospheric temperatures continue to warm water vapor will be able to infiltrate to higher and higher altitudes and do its share in making the atmosphere and oceans warmer.

And this minutia of CO2, which inhabits the atmosphere above the water vapor, despite being only .004 % of the atmosphere, and man's component being just 32% of that (so essential a fart in a hurricane at the edge of space) is somehow modulating the heat of the entire planet. Even though, I might add for perspective, that NASA has said that the outer reaches of the atmosphere have been cooling for years now.

And this is a new thing and totally unrelated to warming in the past.

I don't think I will sell the beach house just yet.

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Ah yes..quite agreed ..it's all a conspiracy.

I shall add Gaia to my list as I had overlooked her..

But come to think of it..maybe Gaia is a ChiCom?

There are posters here (canuckamuck et al,)that fervently desire that Thailand- home of military autocracy,suppression of free speech and destruction of intellectual thought-may be free of the Greta's of this world but long may she prevail....

Go Greta Go!

I wish all the world would be free from charlatans and fear mongers that are determined to trade our freedom for another Marxist catastrophe. Nothing to do with Thailand, But I am glad they are not quite so distracted by all this nonsense.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Haven't read many of my posts then? I think you'll be hard pressed to find a harder stance against the Thai military than I'm taking. I hate fascists with a passion, as well as communists. They are just each other's cousins. What I do support is freedom of speech, enterprise and opinion. You're welcome to have yours, which for some reason do seem strangely butthurt.

Anyway, yes let's focus on Greta. I'll be keeping an eye on what happens next. Right now she's already out of news, so I suppose it's see you next year, same procedure as usual.

You hate fascists,communists.basketweavers and hippies?

That just leaves you,me,Maugri and-Morch taking notes in the background....????

All the best and have a good night.

Goodnight to you all.

Ody.

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

You guys need a life lol still over here attacking a 15 yo autistic kid sad bunch of old duffers lol

Really, where have you been, only a tiny minority here are attacking the girl, most of us are discussing science, media, politics and various and miscellaneous maximum principles.

You should try too, i find it useful.

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Gee..

So why is it free of Antifa-whoever they may be-but swimming in uniforms..eh?

Perhaps a poster  can come along and enlighten us to the glories of the complete suppression of intellectual thought and free speech  in the Land of Night and Fog.

i nominate Canuckamuk.

Antifa is a symptom of cultural anarchy and polarization from the collapsing western empire. Thailand hasn't made it past feudalism yet.

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

Antifa is a symptom of cultural anarchy and polarization from the collapsing western empire. Thailand hasn't made it past feudalism yet.

Partly, the anarchist side is that, a newer and somewhat less harmful one. The commie side comes from WW2 times. Thailand also managed to escape the commies, athough they did have skirmishes.

Greta seems to be on the anarchist side of it. They hate just about anything established, not just fascists. UN is fair game (not my favourite organization since they lost the original league of nations idea) to them.

Yes it's all a conspiracy. Roughly 35,000 climatologists and god knows how many journals are all working in tandem to create fake science. Even Planet Earth is in on the conspiracy as it continues to deceptively warm the atmosphere and oceans, and make the sea levels rise.

I said nothing of a conspiracy.

I’m guessing if you had a solid argument you would not have to resort to making things up.

4 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

I said nothing of a conspiracy.

I’m guessing if you had a solid argument you would not have to resort to making things up.

Well how else could it work. There are roughly 35,000 climatologists. How is it that they wouldn't be challenging each other if their research was consistently false? How would their journals know which papers to reject and which to accept? The only way the widespread propagation of a falsehood that you profess acc to be is if there is a conspiracy. 

13 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Partly, the anarchist side is that, a newer and somewhat less harmful one. The commie side comes from WW2 times. Thailand also managed to escape the commies, athough they did have skirmishes.

Greta seems to be on the anarchist side of it. They hate just about anything established, not just fascists. UN is fair game (not my favourite organization since they lost the original league of nations idea) to them.

Yes the Marxists began the long march through the institutions after WW2 but the symptoms only began to appear in the sixties. Anarchism and Marxism are both reactions against the system, both are based in ingratitude and jealousy. But only Marxism can perpetuate itself.

3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Anarchism and Marxism are both reactions against the system, both are based in ingratitude and jealousy. 

Many anarchists also just enjoy stirring <deleted> up for the hell of it. I sort of symphatize there, a bit of mayhem is good. She certainly managed to stir some up.

The reason I mentioned they are a bit more harmless is due to their inability to organize, it would become... well, anarchy. The Antifa alliance with commies is somewhat unholy.

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Well how else could it work. There are roughly 35,000 climatologists. How is it that they wouldn't be challenging each other if their research was consistently false? How would their journals know which papers to reject and which to accept? The only way the widespread propagation of a falsehood that you profess acc to be is if there is a conspiracy. 

heres an idea, silence them, and then claim they are all onboard

ipcc censored 1.jpg

ipcc cencored.jpg

ipcc censored 2.jpg

ipcc censored 3.jpg

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

My ex girlfriend use to have job where she gave bowel cancer to rats and then she killed the rats and made notes. She's a nice person, good to animals and nice morals. How did they get her to do such a thing. Well, she was a grad student and it was part of her career path. She had to do unpleasant things to get somewhere in the scientific community. And she did get somewhere eventually, she even a little famous in her niche.

Imagine if she had been in climate science. Do you think she would have been popular if she kept saying climate change is natural?

1 minute ago, brokenbone said:

heres an idea, silence them, and then claim they are all onboard

Funnily enough, the other side has made claims such a depressive mechanism is indeed in place:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_controversy#Political_pressure_on_scientists

Many climate scientists state that they are put under enormous pressure to distort or hide any scientific results which suggest that human activity is to blame for global warming. A survey of climate scientists which was reported to the US House Oversight and Government Reform Committee in 2007, noted "Nearly half of all respondents perceived or personally experienced pressure to eliminate the words 'climate change', 'global warming' or other similar terms from a variety of communications." These scientists were pressured to tailor their reports on global warming to fit the Bush administration's climate change scepticism. In some cases, this occurred at the request of former oil-industry lobbyist Phil Cooney, who worked for the American Petroleum Institute before becoming chief of staff at the White House Council on Environmental Quality (he resigned in 2005, before being hired by ExxonMobil).[283] In June 2008, a report by NASA's Office of the Inspector General concluded that NASA staff appointed by the White House had censored and suppressed scientific data on global warming in order to protect the Bush administration from controversy close to the 2004 presidential election.[284]

Pot, kettle, black, both sides are at it, depending on who's winning at the moment. Betting on the winning team with zero loyality to maximize grants should be a good strategy for the aspiring scientists.

5 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

My ex girlfriend use to have job where she gave bowel cancer to rats and then she killed the rats and made notes. She's a nice person, good to animals and nice morals. How did they get her to do such a thing. Well, she was a grad student and it was part of her career path. She had to do unpleasant things to get somewhere in the scientific community. And she did get somewhere eventually, she even a little famous in her niche.

Imagine if she had been in climate science. Do you think she would have been popular if she kept saying climate change is natural?

If you're going to use an anecdote at least make it a relevant one. She may have done unpleasant things, but did she lie in her research? Was everybody lying?

This nonsense about there being massive lying in the climatological community only works if there's some sort of agreement. And you think these people go into climatology to benefit from the big bucks? Or because the incentive is doing bad science?

Just now, bristolboy said:

If you're going to use an anecdote at least make it a relevant one. She may have done unpleasant things, but did she lie in her research? Was everybody lying?

This nonsense about there being massive lying in the climatological community only works if there's some sort of agreement. And you think these people go into climatology to benefit from the big bucks? Or because the incentive is doing bad science?

It does not require an agreement it only requires common benefit.

People involved in a gold rush did not have to agree to have a gold rush. They all just want to get rich.

15 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Many anarchists also just enjoy stirring <deleted> up for the hell of it. I sort of symphatize there, a bit of mayhem is good. She certainly managed to stir some up.

The reason I mentioned they are a bit more harmless is due to their inability to organize, it would become... well, anarchy. The Antifa alliance with commies is somewhat unholy.

An alliance which exists in your imagination. Out in the real world? Not so much.

Archived