Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You go girl hold their feet to the fire make them face what’s happening so all of us can start making responsible changes and grow into a more sustainable world I’m proud of you kiddo!

And first of all make her shut up. 

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this cl

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, transam said:

jeremy-clarkson-brands-greta-thunberg

Being denounced by Jeremy Clarkson is an honor.

The proverbial bag of hammers.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

well there ya have it. Its not a joke to the enviro lefty crew, they want your guns so they can exterminate you to save the planet. Nice.

Canned Man. Ill have the dark meat, it has more protein and less fat.

13 minutes ago, rabas said:

No man, no need to fix the problem. Somewhere there is a happy medium.

Medium rare?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

How?

I understand how many corporations are benefiting from the climate change hysteria, but I don’t understand how corporations are benefiting from from “denier” research.

Any idea?

"Divide and conquer" has always been a good strategy to control the masses.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Medium rare?

Like my brain. See, I, as a deplorable, dont need to be re-educated by the comissars, or shamed by the propagandists, or brainwashed by the Eco-Barnums to make a difference. While I revel in the carbon footprint of a fat Medium rare Tomahawk, and gleefully toss plastic into a landfill, at the same time, I personally try to be environmentally consious: I eat less meat, use trains and busses instead of automobiles, reuse plastic, buy local, drive a fuel efficient car (except on Sundays or at random 3am times) and I try not to by manufactured goods, to the point that I can carry all that I own. 

So I generate less of a carbon footprint thatn the ones yelling ablout it, if that makes a difference anyway. But, by using and buying less stuff, I do my part to keep what I can see cleaner.

Wind Turbines are Ugly and Solar Farms are aesthetically boring. They hae no Steampunk value unlike a solid nuke with lots of tubes and such, which, if folks REALLY cared about climate change, would be going up all over the place.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, transam said:

Unfortunately for Earth, man is built the same way as any other of Earths creatures, which is "Go forth and multiply", in other words we are all programmed to get our end away as often as possible.. 😋

Humans are animals so yes, programmed to reproduce. Probably the strongest after eating, given the amount of money we spend on it.

However, we were given choice and a brain that developed means to have sex without reproducing. Pity that many ignore that choice.

4 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Enlightened cultures with a healthy middle class produce the least children. The way forward is to improve the education and infrastructure for all.

That option left the building 4 billion of us ago.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

a solid nuke with lots of tubes and such

Are they really solid ? I heard that things went wrong a few times :coffee1:

That said, research on renewable energies is a must.

"Divide and conquer" has always been a good strategy to control the masses.

If you don’t know just say you don’t know, don’t just regurgitate some mealiness throw-away line.

Who’s really trying to control the masses?

And again, you (apparently) believe corporations gain trillions from “denier” research, yet you can’t explain how or even provide an example.

Meanwhile, no shortage of corporations and researchers making long money promoting the hysteria.

I find it hilarious that the oil companies tend to get the lion’s share or green energy research funding and tax incentives. It’s windfall for them. Meanwhile, no end in sight for the world’s thirst for oil.
3 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

If you don’t know just say you don’t know, don’t just regurgitate some mealiness throw-away line.

You asked for "any idea" and i answered.

If my answer is meaningless to you, (i guess you mean to say that ) that's fair enough.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

And your so much better solution is...……............……......…..

At least I have a solution. Seems to me that all those kids protesting can do is shout and expect other people to come up with solutions. IMO, if one wants to complain, have a better way to promote.

I doubt any of them would be willing to sacrifice their own way of life if it "saved" the planet.

BTW, the planet will be fine whatever happens to humans. If we all died off tomorrow, Gaia would just start over, again. 

You choose to doubt, you really have no clue as to what they are willing to do. 

As to your claim you have a solution, you really don’t. Who gets to decide who has children or not? 

Which failed path do you wish to retread? That of the eugenics movement or China’s one child policy?

Edited by Bluespunk