Jump to content

Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You go girl hold their feet to the fire make them face what’s happening so all of us can start making responsible changes and grow into a more sustainable world I’m proud of you kiddo!

And first of all make her shut up. 

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this cl

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

The 'answer' is right there and has been for a long long time.  Nuclear energy to generate electricity is obviously the way to go.  Just look it up in Google and you will see that many years ago it was obviously the way to go - and it still is.  But the same emotional rubbish that was used to create irrational fear in people's minds about nuclear power, is now being used to demand we build 'green' power stations that use solar and are made from elves tits.  All of that irrational rubbish needs to be shut down in mainstream society and pushed back to where it belongs - amongst the fring dwellers of society - the ones that demand we all live in trees/caves and die of appendicitis or tooth decay.  Funny isn't it - the same nutters who are so 'rational' and 'scientific' about Religion and God, are completely irrational and unscientific about nuclear power.  Nuclear generation of electricity using Thorium is an alternative to uranium, and the technology to  use Thorium has been around since the 1960s (but it doesnt make nuclear bombs).  Nuclear Fission is the solution to the world's electricity needs now and Nuclear Fusion is the future.  

If it weren't for the waste issue, I'd agree. As to the future, clean (green) energy should be the only way forward. Anything else is just stupid. The sun is there and will be for a few billion more years. Need to harness that energy.

 

BTW: Kudos to Greta Thunberg. That little lady is a rock star. Incredible poise.

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

The 'answer' is right there and has been for a long long time.  Nuclear energy to generate electricity is obviously the way to go.  Just look it up in Google and you will see that many years ago it was obviously the way to go - and it still is.  But the same emotional rubbish that was used to create irrational fear in people's minds about nuclear power, is now being used to demand we build 'green' power stations that use solar and are made from elves tits.  All of that irrational rubbish needs to be shut down in mainstream society and pushed back to where it belongs - amongst the fring dwellers of society - the ones that demand we all live in trees/caves and die of appendicitis or tooth decay.  Funny isn't it - the same nutters who are so 'rational' and 'scientific' about Religion and God, are completely irrational and unscientific about nuclear power.  Nuclear generation of electricity using Thorium is an alternative to uranium, and the technology to  use Thorium has been around since the 1960s (but it doesnt make nuclear bombs).  Nuclear Fission is the solution to the world's electricity needs now and Nuclear Fusion is the future.  

Just as long as we can store the waste in your back yard then.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

 


The same people you want deciding who gets a car and air conditioning and who doesn’t.

 

I haven’t done that. 
 

Deary deary me, trying to portray wanting less environmentally damaging alternative energy sources as taking things away. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Nuclear energy to generate electricity is obviously the way to go. 

Naw dude ya see, generate cheap electricity 24/7 and fill up all those electric cars and create plenty of grren jobs would ruin the ecofascist dreams to rule the proles...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Naw dude ya see, generate cheap electricity 24/7 and fill up all those electric cars and create plenty of grren jobs would ruin the ecofascist dreams to rule the proles...

Hi Nyevhov are you turning communist ? Everything ok with you ?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

You choose to doubt, you really have no clue as to what they are willing to do. 
 

As to your claim you have a solution, you really don’t. Who gets to decide who has children or not? 
 

Which failed path do you wish to retread? That of the eugenics movement or China’s one child policy?

Not my only solution. I have many times in the past given many solutions. Seems none of the man made climate supporters has any ideas or practical solutions, and if they have posted them I haven't read them, which would be strange as I read all the climate threads.

I notice you haven't posted any solution in your reply, so I repeat my question. What are your solutions?

 

No, I don't know what they are willing to do because they have not said what they are willing to do, which seems strange. Surely such clever children would have some viable solutions, or perhaps they don't actually know and are just talking a day off school to make a noise.

 

Who gets to decide who has children or not? 

Gaia does, when disease, a volcanic eruption, or a tsunami kills hundreds of thousands, or maybe millions.

 

BTW, the China one child policy didn't fail- they just stopped it too soon to say if it did or not. To know would require several generations.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, samran said:

Just as long as we can store the waste in your back yard then.

Waste storage is simple but the governments don't want to spend the money on digging deep shafts to put it down. They don't get exotic holidays to gossip about climate change if they spend the money on safe nuclear waste storage.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not my only solution. I have many times in the past given many solutions. Seems none of the man made climate supporters has any ideas or practical solutions, and if they have posted them I haven't read them, which would be strange as I read all the climate threads.

I notice you haven't posted any solution in your reply, so I repeat my question. What are your solutions?

 

No, I don't know what they are willing to do because they have not said what they are willing to do, which seems strange. Surely such clever children would have some viable solutions, or perhaps they don't actually know and are just talking a day off school to make a noise.

 

Who gets to decide who has children or not? 

Gaia does, when disease, a volcanic eruption, or a tsunami kills hundreds of thousands, or maybe millions.

 

BTW, the China one child policy didn't fail- they just stopped it too soon to say if it did or not. To know would require several generations.

You have on a number of occasions postulated there are too many people and this is a cause of the current climate problems.

 

So I ask you again, how will you achieve this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...