Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

16 hours ago, samran said:

What, aboriginal land most likely - or don't they count? Nice that you want to plonk it right next to the great artesian basin. Farmers will love you. http://www.agriculture.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/water/gab-map.pdf

image.png.8f8b329a3e93bf121f0b9abe8af1e23f.png

There's a lot of land in the middle of Australia and it can't all be an artesian basin.

There's loads of people in the world that always come up with a reason for us not to do something, and if they'd been successful we'd still be living in caves and drawing on the walls with a stick because it would be a bad idea to live outside and farm the land.

The world we live in was created by the can do people disregarding the can't do people, and I'm grateful to them, that I don't have to live in a cave.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You go girl hold their feet to the fire make them face what’s happening so all of us can start making responsible changes and grow into a more sustainable world I’m proud of you kiddo!

And first of all make her shut up. 

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this cl

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We agree. I don't think we are doomed because the 3% of man made CO2 in the atmosphere is going to kill us, but we've been around for about 50,000 years, and it only took us the last 200 years to pollute the planet to the point of human extinction. The faster the population grows, the faster we reach extinction point, and the only thing governments are talking about is banning plastic bags in supermarkets and making us drive electric cars that are highly polluting to make and power. Oh, and erecting loads of bird killing windmills as well.

Gaia may have a solution, but I don't imagine it will be human friendly.

Once again you’ve got your blinkers on and your narrow view ensues.

Governments are engaged in a wide platform of programs to tackle all forms of pollution and reducing population growth.

Unfortunately the current US administration and for too long the US Christian rightwing have actively undermined efforts to provide access to reproductive health services, contraception and reproductive health education.

It it’s not just the rightwing in the US that are getting in the way of government efforts to deal with over population. Comments demanding the UK end overseas aid are common enough here on TVF and a central plank of the UK’s rightwing nationalists  - and yet hundreds of millions of pounds of that aid goes towards providing access to contraception and reproductive health education.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/women-and-girls/uk-announce-600m-aid-family-planning-us-ramps-anti-abortion/

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the climate warriors are right and the sky falls, the surviving peoples will welcome any semblance of a government that will save them. However, they should be careful of what they wish for. The Nazis were elected to stop the chaos and look what they did.

And you now introduce the Nazis.

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

So how many billion people does it take to become extinct?

I would think we would need fewer people (like zero?) to be extinct, no?

Yes, and we are heading that way if we don't stop polluting the environment, abusing antibiotics, and limit the population at a sustainable level.

The dinosaurs didn't destroy their environment and how many of them are there today? Species get extinct, one way or another, but humans seem to have chosen the self inflicted version.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Monty Python said it best.

Always look on the bright side of life.

Yep. Living in fear and despair looks worse than not living at all.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Once again you’ve got your blinkers on and your narrow view ensues.

Governments are engaged in a wide platform of programs to tackle all forms of pollution and reducing population growth.

Unfortunately the current US administration and for too long the US Christian rightwing have actively undermined efforts to provide access to reproductive health services, contraception and reproductive health education.

It it’s not just the rightwing in the US that are getting in the way of government efforts to deal with over population. Comments demanding the UK end overseas aid are common enough here on TVF and a central plank of the UK’s rightwing nationalists  - and yet hundreds of millions of pounds of that aid goes towards providing access to contraception and reproductive health education.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/women-and-girls/uk-announce-600m-aid-family-planning-us-ramps-anti-abortion/

As long as governments pay people to reproduce they are not committed to population reduction, whatever lip service they give to doing it in other countries.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As long as governments pay people to reproduce they are not committed to population reduction, whatever lip service they give to doing it in other countries.

So which governments pay people to reproduce?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

and yet hundreds of millions of pounds of that aid goes towards providing access to contraception and reproductive health education.

Given the failure of population limitation in certain countries, that seems like wasted money.

Better spent on reducing waste and man made pollution.

• Confused 1
30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the climate warriors are right and the sky falls, the surviving peoples will welcome any semblance of a government that will save them. However, they should be careful of what they wish for. The Nazis were elected to stop the chaos and look what they did.

Apparently, when the people are desperate are easier to manipulate, so let's not carried away by scenarios of doom and gloom.

Not everything is lost.

I hope that, besides developing 'cleaner' sources of energy and reducing the plastic waste, we can also learn to live with less, and develop a spirit of cooperation among humans and nations.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Come on TBL, you’ve made a claim, back it up:

So which governments pay people to reproduce?

15 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The fact they abandoned it is ample proof it didn't work.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/one-child-policy

Now again, how would you choose who is allowed to have children?

I was under the impression it worked too well and the Chinese government was worried the population would fall too far.

Otherwise they could have stopped it for political reasons. I wasn't in the room when they made the decision to know for sure.

You didn't read what I wrote did you? I said everyone should be sterilized after having ONE child. Where's the choice in that?

BTW, I'm still waiting for your solutions to the problem.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:52 AM, RickBradford said:

Greta Thunberg is the perfect spokesperson for the modern "progressive" Green/Left.

Completely ignorant, yet totally convinced she is right. No wonder they all fawn over her.

She gets right on my t*ts. She can't answer a straight question on her own, and is clearly being used as a pawn to further the loony left views of her parents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1