Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I hope that, besides developing 'cleaner' sources of energy and reducing the plastic waste, we can also learn to live with less, and develop a spirit of cooperation among humans and nations.

Alas, our entire way of life is built on consumerism, and consumerism is built on waste and obsolescence. Entire communities in poor countries like Bangladesh live on the proceeds of western women throwing away last years fashions and buying new, despite the old clothes being perfectly good.

The UN was formed to create co operation among humans and nations- how's it working out?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You go girl hold their feet to the fire make them face what’s happening so all of us can start making responsible changes and grow into a more sustainable world I’m proud of you kiddo!

And first of all make her shut up. 

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this cl

Posted Images

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The UN was formed to create co operation among humans and nations- how's it working out?

well, it appears that UN are not doing a great job at the moment, but, if you think that some 3000 yrs ago we were still divided in tribes, fighting each other with sticks and stones, we have made some progress, even if just on utopian imagination.

so, civilisation is not a bad thing, it just needs a lot of work to be perfected.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

well, it appears that UN are not doing a great job at the moment, but, if you think that some 3000 yrs ago we were still divided in tribes, fighting each other with sticks and stones, we have made some progress, even if just on utopian imagination.

so, civilisation is not a bad thing, it just needs a lot of work to be perfected.

Not disagreeing, but have you considered that many nations now have the power to obliterate their enemies, and that power is producing a reluctance to go to war. It used to be called MAD ( mutual assured destruction ).

The non nuclear armed nations seem to have no such reluctance to go to war, either civil or against other nations eg Syria, Yemen, the Congo etc.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not disagreeing, but have you considered that many nations now have the power to obliterate their enemies, and that power is producing a reluctance to go to war. It used to be called MAD ( mutual assured destruction ).

The non nuclear armed nations seem to have no such reluctance to go to war, either civil or against other nations eg Syria, Yemen, the Congo etc.

Surely we are still far away in making the planet a paradise, but doing a little work for the benefit of all is better than succumb to fear.

• Like 2
Surely we are still far away in making the planet a paradise, but doing a little work for the benefit of all is better than succumb to fear.

Compared to what it was 200 years ago, the planet is a paradise.
  • Like 1
Once again you’ve got your blinkers on and your narrow view ensues.

Unfortunately the current US administration and for too long the US Christian rightwing have actively undermined efforts to provide access to reproductive health services, contraception and reproductive health education.

Any you’re accusing someone else of wearing blinders?

It’s your position that young people in the US do not know where babies come from or how to avoid having one?

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

Compared to what it was 200 years ago, the planet is a paradise.

Perhaps paradise is a bit exaggerated, but, yes, it's true that we are slightly better.

13 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

I know the US & Thailand both do, so I’m guessing many others do as well.

NZ does, and I'm pretty sure countries like Japan and Singapore with falling birth rates provide incentives of some sort.

Google no doubt provides the answers for any that really want to know.

43 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Not just her parents are using her as a human shield. 

If you look at the career path and affiliations of Greta’s two main handlers, Jennifer Morgan and Luisa-Marie Neubauer, you will see some very familiar names and companies pop up.

http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2019/02/24/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-a-decade-of-social-manipulation-for-the-corporate-capture-of-nature-crescendo/?fbclid=IwAR37P-QXqhAzs3kf2qr-Efu0N_tcOxQjgnD90RN-jPXo7SysIlNxAt6-8yI

Brought to your by dodgy-sources-are-us.

Even if one takes this piece at face value, a short look at what else is on offer puts things into question. And apart from this - Cory Morningstar? Seriously? Always wondering if people posting stuff from such authors actually follow them or just pick the first echo-chamber bit that fits. 

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was under the impression it worked too well and the Chinese government was worried the population would fall too far.

Otherwise they could have stopped it for political reasons. I wasn't in the room when they made the decision to know for sure.

You didn't read what I wrote did you? I said everyone should be sterilized after having ONE child. Where's the choice in that?

BTW, I'm still waiting for your solutions to the problem.

So your solution is forced sterilisation?

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

So your solution is forced sterilisation?

Did I include "voluntary" anywhere?

I see you continue to snipe at me while refusing to say what your solutions would be, there fore I shall endeavour to ignore anything you post about myself, till such time as you do inform us as to what your solutions may be.

• Thanks 1