Hua Hin: "Dangerous" American fugitive arrested by Thai immigration police

webfact

8 hours ago, wendyfromoz said:

why do they have to make up all these huge, elaborate boards everytime they arrest someone.

Its the only way they can understand anything by using pictures and not those annoying word thingy's that can only be read out loud slooowly.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Uroller said:

Bio metrics helped? He arrived before the new system was in, so did he get caught leaving?

No idea about the new system in Thailand, but in China, a fugitive could be spotted even among a huge crowd as long as the system has a photo database of wanted people.

China’s facial recognition cameras apprehend third fugitive Jacky Cheung concertgoer in two months

Let me wake up every morning and be the first to make a disparaging remark about Thailand - a country I chose to relocate to and left behind my home country. 

Thais should do things as smart as the country I chose to leave.

Dang Thailand treats me like a criminal immigrant. 

My home country has been ruined by criminal immigrants. 

Hopefully I will get lots of likes to make me feel smart and important in my own mind and make me happy. ????????

Maybe I can say something outrageous or critical and get into a personal online fight with someone I don’t know today. ☹️

Thailand could not possibly survive if I left. ????

I could fix all of Thailand’s issues in five easy steps if they would just make me their leader. 

I love retirement by trying my best to spread misery, anxiety and negative thoughts on line everyday. I do my part for a better world that is going down the crapper.  

All my money was stolen by a Thai women and her family. 

i am the smartest investor on the planet. 

Don’t drive in Thailand. ???? 

This is how I do it. See and adopt my checklist so you you never made a mistake. 

No sympathy from me. 

Sleep, wake up, rinse, repeat.

Ain’t life grand. Would be funny if TVF was a British comedy. 

Enjoy your day????

Biometrics played a part - which part?

the fugitive entered in 2014 and never left; consequently, no image or fingerprints on file 

Or does Hua Hin have facial recognition cameras all over the city and the police got a hit - that is the only explanation I can imagine

I found he was a very pleasant family chap and certainly wouldnt class as dangerous for the public. Im guessing he was grassed up by someone as dont think the USA would be actively looking for him 5 years on but if someone told them where he was then they probably asked the Thai immigration/cops to go have a look!!

6 hours ago, tattoodrob said:

I found he was a very pleasant family chap and certainly wouldnt class as dangerous for the public. Im guessing he was grassed up by someone as dont think the USA would be actively looking for him 5 years on but if someone told them where he was then they probably asked the Thai immigration/cops to go have a look!!

You dont know that do you?  Of course not. And Ted Bundy was a nice guy too.

BTW, are you all speculating and joking about the biometrics because some of you have some, well...um...concerns? Trying to convince...yourselves? ????

12 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Let me wake up every morning and be the first to make a disparaging remark about Thailand - a country I chose to relocate to and left behind my home country. 

Thais should do things as smart as the country I chose to leave.

Dang Thailand treats me like a criminal immigrant. 

My home country has been ruined by criminal immigrants. 

Hopefully I will get lots of likes to make me feel smart and important in my own mind and make me happy. ????????

Maybe I can say something outrageous or critical and get into a personal online fight with someone I don’t know today. ☹️

Thailand could not possibly survive if I left. ????

I could fix all of Thailand’s issues in five easy steps if they would just make me their leader. 

I love retirement by trying my best to spread misery, anxiety and negative thoughts on line everyday. I do my part for a better world that is going down the crapper.  

All my money was stolen by a Thai women and her family. 

i am the smartest investor on the planet. 

Don’t drive in Thailand. ???? 

This is how I do it. See and adopt my checklist so you you never made a mistake. 

No sympathy from me. 

Sleep, wake up, rinse, repeat.

Ain’t life grand. Would be funny if TVF was a British comedy. 

Enjoy your day????

Well said 

On 9/24/2019 at 9:23 AM, steelepulse said:

I didn't see any mention of this in the report.  Do you have some insight as to how they randomly found this guy and decided to scan his fingerprints?

one thing the Thai police keep guarded is the amount of money they pay informers and they will try to use anything to keep that out of the news without them they would be history

Another foreign criminal hiding in Hua Hin. Who Thai Immigration allowed to enter. If they did a better job checking when they entered there would be far fewer foreign criminals throughout Thailand. Maybe already have that (dodgy) look and easy to spot. The TM 30 & 28 will never work as far as finding the bad guys. Stop be so concerned about tourism. Maybe have bar raids at least once a night in Hua Hin and you should be able to fill a few truck loads of the pests.

4 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Another foreign criminal hiding in Hua Hin.

yeah Pattaya look out. Hua Hin gang coming to visit. :clap2:

4 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Maybe have bar raids at least once a night in Hua Hin and you should be able to fill a few truck loads of the pests.

Yes make sure you can accommodate walkers and make sure don't raise anyone blood pressure.

Anybody can enter Thailand for 30 days or less with only their Passport. So you

stay beyond that and keep your nose clean and have your friends and family, support you

by sending you money to where you tell them, so you stay up to 2000 days. 

Maybe this guy got checked and could not come up with the required documents.

Maybe he finally ticked someone off and they went to the police or immigration.

I am just glad he finally got caught, and hope he is banned for life.

Geezer

7 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Anybody can enter Thailand for 30 days or less with only their Passport. So you

stay beyond that and keep your nose clean and have your friends and family, support you

by sending you money to where you tell them, so you stay up to 2000 days. 

Maybe this guy got checked and could not come up with the required documents.

Maybe he finally ticked someone off and they went to the police or immigration.

I am just glad he finally got caught, and hope he is banned for life.

Geezer

Not anyone can enter Thailand anymore mate

Archived