Oops! Canadian from "VANCOVER" arrested using fake passport

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

So anotherwords biometrics was irrelevant. Anyone who simply looked at the passport could discern that it is an obvious fake.

In fact biometrics was indeed quite relevant. After a passport is discovered fake, the next problem is to find out the true identity of the fake passport holder. Biometrics established that. And you would have done what? Ask around? ????

1 hour ago, Retfed50 said:

You beat me to it! But what I think is more bizarre is that someone actually reported a fake passport as stolen!

You've failed to infer what exactly was reported stolen. The genuine passport was reported stolen. The poor fake was then based on the genuine passport. So simple, really.

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

The fake was stolen??? ????????????????????

Well, no. Duh.

53 minutes ago, BigStar said:

In fact biometrics was indeed quite relevant. After a passport is discovered fake, the next problem is to find out the true identity of the fake passport holder. Biometrics established that. And you would have done what? Ask around? ????

You've failed to infer what exactly was reported stolen. The genuine passport was reported stolen. The poor fake was then based on the genuine passport. So simple, really.

Well, no. Duh.

But this is what is written there 

39 minutes ago, TPI said:

There you go again! Who gives you the right to ask people to qualify their opinion???

What are you ranting about? Qualify what opinion. It was impossible to make an opinion based on the picture and the facts given. The picture was blurred and no other facts than canadian was given. Over that it was also a guess. Since when does a guess qualify as an opinion?

However, I have the right to ask almost anything within the forum rules. What I can+t do is demand an answer.

Hope you got the facts you need now. Have a good night sleep, and give yourself enough time to let it sink in. ???? 

Those of us that have actually lived there know that the proper spelling is "Hongcouver". ????

Guy was probably on a long overstay and trying to sneak out. Or maybe he'd pawned his passport (er, I mean, had it "stolen") and was too scared to go to the Embassy to try and get a new one.
6 different screw-ups in the forgery though - that was some hack job. Our new passports have a lot of anti-counterfeiting tech in them now, to the point it is hard to scan/photocopy then for Immigration purposes even, but some of those errors scream 3rd rate amateur. Hope he didn't pay a lot for that <deleted> job !  

12 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

"Naew Na said that officers on the Friendship Bridge 2 were helped by the biometrics system, the Canadian embassy in Bangkok and an Interpol alert. 

But the passport being used appeared to be a poor fake and had been reported stolen. The numbers on several pages and barcodes did not match and the wrong ink had been used."

So anotherwords biometrics was irrelevant. Anyone who simply looked at the passport could discern that it is an obvious fake.

But let's keep selling Biometrics as the answer to everything, to justify the expenditure and to build a database on every citizen as well as visitors. 

The same arguments against Biometrics were used by many Europeans when the USA started taking pictures and fingerprints of visitors and residents several years ago.  But now the EU is taking pictures on passport kiosks when entering and leaving...

And facial recognition does work... I am using Global Entry in the USA.  Previously, had to scan my passport and have fingerprints matched.  Now the camera takes a picture and spits out the receipt with my name, passport information and where I boarded the flight to the USA...

8 hours ago, Retfed50 said:

You beat me to it! But what I think is more bizarre is that someone actually reported a fake passport as stolen!

Stolen passports are useful for their pages with entry and exit stamps and visas which make it look more legitimate.  They may mean that there were identifiable pages from a passport reported as stolen.

Does anybody know what usually happens to a person such as this guy, caught with a false Passport?  Obviously refused entry and tossed in a lock-up; but then what?  Are they charged, tried and imprisoned in the country they tried to enter or are they deported back to the last departure country.  Is an attempt made to determine their true nationality and send them to that country for punishment?  How long are they ordinarily imprisoned for?

On 9/24/2019 at 9:35 AM, Nicknoodle said:

Do people really believe they can use a stolen/fake passport in this day and age? They are a special kind of stupid!! 

Absolutely right, stupidity at the utmost.

He would have been better off, swimming across at night, with 2 rocks in his pockets

On 9/24/2019 at 4:35 AM, Nicknoodle said:

Do people really believe they can use a stolen/fake passport in this day and age? They are a special kind of stupid!! 

There used to be a master passport forger in Thailand,...until he was caught last year or two years ago..that is !!! apparently the quality of his fakes was really good and fooled more than one Border Police officers !

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/12149720/Master-forger-arrested-in-Thailand-over-fake-passports-for-migrants-to-Europe.html

Archived