Four Dobermans dead after being poisoned then killed by traffic

webfact

Four Dobermans dead after being poisoned then killed by traffic

5pm.jpg

Thai caption: Four died tragically

Watchdog Thailand reported on a tragic case of the death of four Doberman dogs in the eastern province of Sa Kaew. 

Five dogs were poisoned and left to die outside a military installation in Huay Jot sub-district. 

Soldiers helped the dogs and took them to a vet's to be treated. 

But after returning to the camp the dogs panicked in their new surroundings and got out onto the road where four were run over and killed. 

Only one lethargic one in a cage was left. 

A report has been filed with the Wattananakorn police to trace the owner or owners and have them prosecuted. 

Source: Sanook 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-24

Unfortunately the careless behavior of some lends to unwanted situations. In this example 5 unwanted dogs which are commonly described as dangerous were walking stray... 

Obviously someone has behaved with despicable intent when trying to get these 'potentially' dangerous animals away from their area, but this is what happens when there is a general and total lack of responsibility for the welfare of animals and also communities such that we see so many strays. 

Sadly people end up taking the law into their own hands when trying to protect their area - what if kids were playing in the area etc - could there be a bigger back story to this?

I hate to see any living thing treated poorly, however, in an ideal world these dogs would never have become stray or even born in the first place. 

Maybe that's a tough opinions - but its one which involves the brutal reality. 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Unfortunately the careless behavior of some lends to unwanted situations. In this example 5 unwanted dogs which are commonly described as dangerous were walking stray... 

Obviously someone has behaved with despicable intent when trying to get these 'potentially' dangerous animals away from their area, but this is what happens when there is a general and total lack of responsibility for the welfare of animals and also communities such that we see so many strays. 

Sadly people end up taking the law into their own hands when trying to protect their area - what if kids were playing in the area etc - could there be a bigger back story to this?

I hate to see any living thing treated poorly, however, in an ideal world these dogs would never have become stray or even born in the first place. 

Maybe that's a tough opinions - but its one which involves the brutal reality. 

Maybe they could of tranquilized them to catch  them ,put them up for adoption and than if no one claims them, euthanized them . Seems that would be the proper way for a organization to take care of this

23 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Disgusting, and so sad. Great animals, loyal and strong. 

Yes, when they're trained, taken care of, and kept on the owner's property. Running around together in pack they are potentially very dangerous. A lot of the locals really do not have a single clue how to look after dogs here. Sad.

The dogs were at a property and the owner seemingly couldn’t look after them . They were between 6-12 months old from what I gather .

Quite how they ended up poisoned outside the army base I don’t know but I would bet my life they came from one of many breeders that see dogs as way to make money and when the dogs get too big and past cute puppy stage the breeders think they won’t be able to sell them so dump them or kill them !!

I stay on samui and the amount of special breeds gone missing here is shocking. Pomeranian, husky, labradors, golden retriever, pugs etc . All taken to mainland I would guess to breed in puppy farms .

I never let my dogs out without watching them .

Archived