Watch out for tourist stealing warns trader

webfact

Watch out for tourist stealing warns trader

4pm.jpg

Channel 7 TV said that a trader on Phi Phi island had issued a warning about a foreign tourist thief.

One white skinned woman was caught on CCTV at a clothes shop on the southern Thai island helping herself to a dress that she put in a bag. 

She then pretended to be interested in other items to cover her tracks. 

The media then said she smiled at the shop owner as she left convincing her that she was not a thief. 

CCTV proved otherwise prompting the warning. 

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-24

Fortunately the Thai's are smart enough treat us and deal with us based on our own individual merits - they [Thai's] seem not to get suckered into the generalisation's some do on this forum in judging them.

I hope this woman gets caught, charged then sent home, or at least receives the very same treatment a Thai thief would incur. 

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so are you saying throw half the Thai's out then 

Why would you throw the citizens out of the country. You do not see the difference in beeing a tourist in a country or beeing a citizen?

Not good to steal as a citizen either, but at least they do not smudge the names of their own people in a foreign tourist country.

However, what you are trying to do is to provide a blanket for a thief. You probably not see the wrong in that either.

Some people are just more stupid than others, I guess.

52 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Why would you throw the citizens out of the country. You do not see the difference in beeing a tourist in a country or beeing a citizen?

Not good to steal as a citizen either, but at least they do not smudge the names of their own people in a foreign tourist country.

However, what you are trying to do is to provide a blanket for a thief. You probably not see the wrong in that either.

Some people are just more stupid than others, I guess.

what I'm saying is that stealing is wrong !   by anyone...   whether it is a Thai person or foreigner. 

understand … 

35 minutes ago, steven100 said:

what I'm saying is that stealing is wrong !   by anyone...   whether it is a Thai person or foreigner. 

understand … 

No, you didn´t! Now you´re changing. Here is what you wrote: 

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear  !   tourists stealing,  it's normally the other way around.

That´s clearly trying to shift the focus from a foreigner to Thai´s, that this news does not include. Especially the "oh dear", which states like why do they have to blame a foreigner.

That was what you were saying. Why do you try to get away from that. Be a man and stand for what you post instead.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, you didn´t! Now you´re changing. Here is what you wrote: 

That´s clearly trying to shift the focus from a foreigner to Thai´s, that this news does not include. Especially the "oh dear", which states like why do they have to blame a foreigner.

That was what you were saying. Why do you try to get away from that. Be a man and stand for what you post instead.

never mind … UP TO YOU …  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   lol :drunk:  

The last time I stole a tourist I got caught.

If everyone stole tourists, tourist stealing would be a whole lot less of a thrill, practically just kidnapping then, which surprisingly isn't as interesting as some movies portray it to be.

Bottom line: work hard and buy your tourists with hard-earned cash, or use layaway for Christmas tourists.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Good that they got her on film.

But this makes me think, can i also film thai criminals and put them on the web? It's so easy to film the scammers on the street.

Sure send us your best videos of scammers.

I think I got shortchanged to the tune of 2 baht yesterday.

1 minute ago, BestB said:

The other 1000 baht was not officially stolen as dual pricing is official policy ????????

I like that. One baht is 3 cents. I have a penny jar at home and it costs me more to go to the store and cash it in once a year than it does just to leave them. But nobody wants them. Sometimes I just bring the jar to the Rescue Mission. 

But Im on "vacation" here and Im not clogging my pockets with satangs or baht coins.... Hey that packet of sweet rice is 13 baht? Keep the change.

29 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

You mean, you steal in your own country?

I guess that's why it is commonly accepted that Thais steal from us all the time.

What in the world do you get that from? Why would I steal in my own country?

What is wrong with you?

What I did was making a statment that this regarded a foreigner, and there is absolutely no need to bring Thais into this discussion.

32 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

You mean, you steal in your own country?

I guess that's why it is commonly accepted that Thais steal from us all the time.

Why would you think that Thais steal from you all the time. Give some good examples now. Or maybe it´s just you that is ok with it and let it happen.

42 minutes ago, BestB said:

And fake people?

If you want to put it like that, then yes. Anyway, I think you know exactly what I mean, but just need to say something to derail the focus of the conversation.

But, it´s ok. You continue on your own. Have fun.

15 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Sure send us your best videos of scammers.

I think I got shortchanged to the tune of 2 baht yesterday.

Watch these video's...the scams are mostly in english , you'll get what it's all about...this is a tv program from Holland and this reporter films scams all over the world...Awesome tv and i really like the way he gets them...

Just look at the page, there are several eposides about thailand as well...and that malaysian gang has approached me 5 times the last 15 years...

Click on the icon in the top right corner and select the movies about thailand...i can't post the direct link somehow.

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Watch these video's...the scams are mostly in english , you'll get what it's all about...this is a tv program from Holland and this reporter films scams all over the world...Awesome tv and i really like the way he gets them...

Just look at the page, there are several eposides about thailand as well...and that malaysian gang has approached me 5 times the last 15 years...

Click on the icon in the top right corner and select the movies about thailand...i can't post the direct link somehow.

I dont run my life on You Tube videos lol.

But hey I saw some fat Mangosteens in Thong Lo tonight if you want to spend big $$

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I dont run my life on You Tube videos lol.

But hey I saw some fat Mangosteens in Thong Lo tonight if you want to spend big $$

I don't need no overpriced mangosteens...and i sure won't go to Thong Lor..

The episode from thailand is about the scamming gem vendors of BKK, the reporter offers himself to get scammed and will then go back to the shop and tell them he s scammed...all filmed with hidden camera's... great tv.

Archived