BANGKOK
holy cow cm

What exactly is KOR ROR 2?

What exactly is KOR ROR 2? Anyone have a example pic of one? And does the marriage renewal really need a new one every year? Not that I do the marriage renewal as do the family thing. 

Khor ror 2 is a dated copy of the marriage registration. Immigration wants a new one each year as it confirms you are still married. Only costs 10 baht or 20 at some amphurs.

Often the case, different Immigration Offices, and officers within them, have different ideas.  My office said they wanted it the first time. 

The next year I got another one and was told I could have used the same one from previous year.  Which makes ZERO sense if you're actually meant to demonstrate you're still married/haven't been divorced in the past year. 

So I ignored that "advice" and got a new one every year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Preacher said:

Khor ror 2 is a dated copy of the marriage registration. Immigration wants a new one each year as it confirms you are still married. Only costs 10 baht or 20 at some amphurs.

Here is an officially translated document:

443395652_MarriageRegistration.jpg.42cf0724d42cf2a8ddbdd7d09cb4c9d0.jpg

Edited by timendres

Your wife can request a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at any Amphoe by showing her ID card and completing a form. The fee is 20 baht.

Here is a screen shot of the top of one (too much trouble to redact it). Mine is 3 pages long.

image.png.7060258a8c8aa6fdb340ea7c733b0449.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your wife can request a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at any Amphoe by showing her ID card and completing a form. The fee is 20 baht.

Here is a screen shot of the top of one (too much trouble to redact it). Mine is 3 pages long.

image.png.7060258a8c8aa6fdb340ea7c733b0449.png

Oh. And this is even if you were married in Thailand? having Thai marriage certificate? 

I have to look in my files, but I think they only gave us the marriage certificate only. Would they have given you the registration and the certificate both?

In Hua Hin they charge my wife 100 Baht...........or is she making a profit on this......:cheesy:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Kinda curious why 3 pages?

Not sure why it has more pages. We did not get one when we got married. The only ones we have are the printed out ones the wife got at the Amphoe.

Page 1 looks like your example. 

Page 2 has 3 lines of numbered info and then the names of all those that signed off on our registry.

Page 3 is when my wife had to have to have her birth date changed that is shown on page one after a sharp eyed immigration office noticed it was wrong. It is just notes the error and has signatures on it. Before that there was only 2 pages.

19 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I have to look in my files, but I think they only gave us the marriage certificate only. Would they have given you the registration and the certificate both?

We did not get one when we got married in 2001. We only have is the printout from the Amphoe.

When immigration first started requesting Kor Ror 2's some people could not get a printout of there's. They had to request it be entered in the database by the Amphoe where they registered their marriage.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, fletchsmile said:

I always think the Kor Ror 2 is pointless for immigration purposes, once you obtain a Kor Ror 3, as they wouldn't give you a Kor Ror 3 if you didn't do a Kor Ror 2 first LOL

Kor Ror 2 is the entry in the population registry. 

It will show your marital status. 

Immigration wants an updated one, that you still are married. (you have not divorced) 

A Kor Ror 3 is only issued at time of marriage. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fletchsmile said:

I would not have been given the Kor Ror 2,

You did not get the Kor Ror 2, your wife did. 

It's for Thais only. 

Know your Kor Ror. 

Kor Ror 1 = Birth certificate 

Kor Ror 2 = Extract from population registry 

Kor Ror 3 = Marriage certificate 

Kor Ror 22 = Registration of family status (needed if marriage abroad) 

• Like 2

Just found it as was extra papers given with the marriage cert. 3 pages total in CM. 1rst on front and then the back and then a third with signatures. Never had to show before as do family, but this year not taking any chances. Thank you for all your answers.