What exactly is KOR ROR 2?

15 minutes ago, Tony M said:

Many thanks, ubonjoe.    Any idea which "department" deals with it there  ?  Or is City Hall an Amphoe ?

In Pattaya the city hall has the services as an Amphoe (aka district office). It will be done at the same office that does house books, ID cards and etc.

I suggest your wife go to get the Kor Ror 2. All she needs is her ID card. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

In Pattaya the city hall has the services as an Amphoe (aka district office). It will be done at the same office that does house books, ID cards and etc.

I suggest your wife go to get the Kor Ror 2. All she needs is her ID card. 

Again, many thanks.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, ivor bigun said:

If you have a kor ror 22 do you have to get a new one every year ? And how?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Send your wife to the amphur that your marriage is registered at along with her ID card and 20 baht.

We married in the UK which opens a new game. All of those documents have to be translated into Thai by an official translator and then a visit to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Chaeng Wattana to be checked and signed by them. Then both the originals and the translated documents taken to the amphur and checked again and logged into the amphur database before you can get the Kor Ror 2 and KR 22.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2019 at 3:47 PM, ubonjoe said:

We did not get one when we got married in 2001. We only have is the printout from the Amphoe.

When immigration first started requesting Kor Ror 2's some people could not get a printout of there's. They had to request it be entered in the database by the Amphoe where they registered their marriage.

We were married in 1984 - I seem to remember people saying that if you were married before a certain date, your marriage details may not be in the database. Is that a definite thing or are they there sometimes, even for older marriages?

Assuming it isn't there, when you say it has to be requested, would that have to be in person or could it be done by calling or emailing, do you know?

18 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

We were married in 1984 - I seem to remember people saying that if you were married before a certain date, your marriage details may not be in the database. Is that a definite thing or are they there sometimes, even for older marriages?

Not sure about one from that many years ago. You local Amphoe could check to see it is in the system.

18 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Assuming it isn't there, when you say it has to be requested, would that have to be in person or could it be done by calling or emailing, do you know?

Some people were able to do it by calling the Amphoe where their marriage was registered.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:30 PM, ubonjoe said:
On 6/9/2020 at 4:12 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

Not sure about one from that many years ago. You local Amphoe could check to see it is in the system.

Just to update this and for informational purposes, when we went to the Amphoe, our marriage from over 36 years ago was in the system already.

I was fully expecting it not to be there so this came as a welcome surprise.  Fifteen minutes and twenty baht later, we had our Kor Ror 2.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:12 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

I was married almost a decade before 1984 and my marriage details are in the database for issue of a KR2.    

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I got marry in US and have US marriage certificate.  I showed my US certificate to Thai consulate in Los angeles when I got my Non-o visa.  Now to get extension in Thailand they asked me for Kor ro 2, what is the step to get register to thai system or to get Kor ro 2 or 22 or certificate for immigration to extend my visa?  

Thank you ????

8 minutes ago, playboy said:

Hi, I got marry in US and have US marriage certificate.  I showed my US certificate to Thai consulate in Los angeles when I got my Non-o visa.  Now to get extension in Thailand they asked me for Kor ro 2, what is the step to get register to thai system or to get Kor ro 2 or 22 or certificate for immigration to extend my visa?  

Thank you ????

You will have to register your foreign marriage to get a Kor Ror 22 a a Amphoe that immigration requires when applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

You apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife without the Kor Ror 22.

Hat Yai specifically requests the KR2 or KR22 be registrar certified and not over 6 months old. The document we received from the amphur in Hat Yai has a date signature and stamp in the bottom right. So here you do need to get a new one each year.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will have to register your foreign marriage to get a Kor Ror 22 a a Amphoe that immigration requires when applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

Thank you very much UbonJoe???????? "You apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife without the Kor Ror 22" this made me feel a lot better!  

Edited by playboy

10 hours ago, Stocky said:

Hat Yai specifically requests the KR2 or KR22 be registrar certified and not over 6 months old. The document we received from the amphur in Hat Yai has a date signature and stamp in the bottom right. So here you do need to get a new one each year.

???? Thank you.

Reading all this, I can quite see why many young couples don't bother to register their 'marriage'. How did the Thais manage to tie themselves up into such large knots over a simple marriage registration process? They seem to be experts in taking a simple administrative process and  screwing with it until it becomes unworkable nonsense.  

13 hours ago, playboy said:

Thank you ????

While still in the U.S. you could legalize your translated U.S. marriage certificate by the consulate.

Then it would become a legal document  admissible in Thailand.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Exactly.

Amphoe will not admit a foreign marriage certificate that wasn't legalized to be admissible in Thailand.

My  Thai Wife and I were married in 1975, well recorded as we were married by the Ampur official In Lop Buri.  More that a few visa(s)/extensions, etc since and Yes, still married, live both in USA and in Thailand annually.

Never been asked for a Kor XX, just presented notarized, Thai and English marriage certificate to IO but the last time extending for marriage was over 5 years ago.  Do I/we need to provide this document?  If yes, YGBSM, but OK.  Thanks

Edited by MiclB
sloppy typing

3 hours ago, MiclB said:

Never been asked for a Kor XX, just presented notarized, Thai and English marriage certificate to IO but the last time extending for marriage was over 5 years ago.  Do I/we need to provide this document? 

I was asked for a Kor Ror 2 for the first time in 2012. Wife got a print out of it at the local Amphoe in a short period of time while they were still processing the application.

You should have your wife check with a Amphoe to find out it they have it in their system.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:53 AM, ubonjoe said:

Can you please send me a link that state no need Kor Ror 22 to apply for a 60 day extension to visit my wife.  The one similar to  this one http://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf.  I went up there but can not find one.  Thank you.

18 minutes ago, playboy said:

Can you please send me a link that state no need Kor Ror 22 to apply for a 60 day extension to visit my wife.  The one similar to  this one http://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf.  I went up there but can not find one.  Thank you.

Click number 24 on this webpage. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1890

image.png.2f2aeed5a653d4fef139c6f27b7208e5.png

• 3 months later...

Kor Ror 2 Question: 

A lot of posters are suggesting that the Wife can go to any Amphur office, show their ID and obtain a Kor For 2 document (required for Non-Imm O extension based on marriage). 

Can a foreign spouse request the same thing from the local Amphur office ?

[With the Wive’s actual ID, signed Copy of ID, Signed Copies of Marriage Certificate, Passport and Pink ID card]

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your passport and marriage certificate should be all that you need and perhaps a copy of her ID card.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
44 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your passport and marriage certificate should be all that you need and perhaps a copy of her ID card.

Thanks - Just wanted to know if I’m going to get my time wasted by a ‘cannot’...  

A lot of guys seem to get their Wives to do stuff they can do themselves, its a lot quicker for me to head there on my motorcycle than to go with the Wife in the car (I don’t take my Wife on my motorcycle). 

I have my Wife’s ID, Passport and Copy of the Marriage Cert - I’ll report back with confirmation. 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thanks - Just wanted to know if I’m going to get my time wasted by a ‘cannot’...  

A lot of guys seem to get their Wives to do stuff they can do themselves, its a lot quicker for me to head there on my motorcycle than to go with the Wife in the car (I don’t take my Wife on my motorcycle). 

I have my Wife’s ID, Passport and Copy of the Marriage Cert - I’ll report back with confirmation. 

Follow up: 

No problems for a foreign spouse to obtain the Kor Ror 2 (marriage affirmation) document. 

Popped down to the local Amphur (no need for Wife to tag along) - 10min queue. 

Handed over my Wife’s Thai ID Card and my Pink ID Card, asked for the Kor Ror 2 - the lady (officer) took about 5 mins to process the document, it cost 10 Baht. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/24/2019 at 3:17 PM, ubonjoe said:

Your wife can request a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at any Amphoe by showing her ID card and completing a form. The fee is 20 baht.

Here is a screen shot of the top of one (too much trouble to redact it). Mine is 3 pages long.

Hi there,

Can I go and get the document myself without her? Or can only she do it?

What if she signs an authority document allowing me to get it?

thanks

24 minutes ago, jack71 said:

Can I go and get the document myself without her?

You can get it yourself. You will need your passport and marriage certificate. A copy of your wife's ID card would also help.