Supreme Court: Suspending Parliament was unlawful, judges rule

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

As long as he gets us out there's a good many that won't care.

The 57.6% who voted in 2017 for parties who said they would not leave without a deal may care if he does go against the wishes of Parliament and we leave without a deal!

See

Don't you believe in democracy?

14 minutes ago, evadgib said:

When did the house last sit in September?

Apart from this year, you mean? 2018 (source)

Ok, like most years it was just for 9 days before adjourning for the conferences; but the conferance season and associated Parliamentary adjournment is is three weeks long. Johnson tried to porogue Parliament for 5 weeks. Why?

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just googled "loiner", because some of the subtleties of the English language are lost on me.
I now understand your angry posts much better. And I applaud you for coming out of the closet regarding such a painfull matter.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=loiner

Look for meaning #3.

You had a look at my profile too. Did you find it there?

18 hours ago, evadgib said:

As long as he gets us out there's a good many that won't care.

When did the house last sit in September?

For people who keep going on about democracy (democratic referendum, the democratic will of the people, democratic mandate to Leave etc) you sure are quick to trample over centuries of democratic process when it suits your purpose.

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

For people who keep going on about democracy (democratic referendum, the democratic will of the people, democratic mandate to Leave etc) you sure are quick to trample over centuries of democratic process when it suits your purpose.

Not me pal; try Bercow.

43 minutes ago, evadgib said:

On a surrender document?

Sod that!

No, on an agreement which not only meant an orderly exit, but also gave us everything the Leave campaign promised!

Here is the draft agreement in full, and here is the political declaration.

They're both full of legalese and as they have to cover all the options they're also very long; as all such agreements and treaties must by necessity be.

But I'm sure a person of your claimed erudition has had no trouble understanding them. So tell us; in what way are they surrender documents?

(Most UK media produced simple summaries of the main points at the time if you'd prefer to use one of those as a source.)

59 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

No, on an agreement which not only meant an orderly exit, but also gave us everything the Leave campaign promised!

Here is the draft agreement in full, and here is the political declaration.

They're both full of legalese and as they have to cover all the options they're also very long; as all such agreements and treaties must by necessity be.

But I'm sure a person of your claimed erudition has had no trouble understanding them. So tell us; in what way are they surrender documents?

(Most UK media produced simple summaries of the main points at the time if you'd prefer to use one of those as a source.)

Anything less than full umbilical severance leaves a thief's hand in the taxpayers pocket hoping no one will notice.

Applies to rules & regs too.

10 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

In words of one syllable THE WAR IS ONLY IN YOUR HEAD !

Agreed. Surrender on the other hand is widely accepted as appropriate when referring to May's slight-of-hand attempt to deceive the public & render UK a vassal state.

Just now, evadgib said:

Agreed. Surrender on the other hand is widely accepted as appropriate when referring to May's slight-of-hand attempt to deceive the public & render UK a vassal state.

So remain it is then all the advantages of membership and a veto and vote to do with it. Glad to have cleared that up. Pound should cheer up hugely as well what's not to like ?

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Anything less than full umbilical severance leaves a thief's hand in the taxpayers pocket hoping no one will notice.

Applies to rules & regs too.

So can you explain how the agreement is less than 'full umbilical severance?'

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

I see that you have taken to copying Loiner's use of the term 'vassal state' when referring to the UK's future relations with the EU; as well as his poor spelling!

Care to explain how May's deal would cause the UK to become a vassal state of the EU?

Of course, I ask these questions more in hope than anticipation because we both know that you won't be answering them.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

From the horses mouth:

As Mandy Rice-Davies is misquoted as saying about Lord Astor, another philandering Tory politician: he would say that, wouldn't he!

At least Profumo did the honourable thing and resigned when he was found out!

On 9/25/2019 at 10:44 AM, DannyCarlton said:

A video produced by Lester Taylor, a UKIP (not Brexit party) councellor and failed UKIP MEP candidate.

UKIP is now accepted by most as an extreme right wing group with Tommy Robinson (ex Wandsworth goal) as a paid advisor. Even Farage deserted them when they accepted ex NF and TR into their fold.

Can you please stop posting nonsense by extreme right wing facists and racists? You are insulting people's intelligence.

FYI: John Sweeney has been fired by the BBC for trying to fit-up TR in a shelved episode of Panorama:

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

FYI: John Sweeny has been fired by the BBC for trying to fit-up TR in a shelved episode of Panorama:

Utter hogwash.

But then not at all surprising given where you rip your memes from.

John Sweeney was not sacked for anything to do with the recidivist Yaxley Lennon, he was made redundant as a result of BBC cut backs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10975023/John-Sweeney-loses-job-as-all-Panoramas-staff-reporters-axed.html

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

FYI: John Sweeney has been fired by the BBC for trying to fit-up TR in a shelved episode of Panorama:

Here is a balanced report on Sweeney's leaving the BBC.

Note how Sweeney was set up and secretly filmed by a supporter of Yaxley-Lennon.

Note how Yaxley-Lennon tried to hijack the prearranged interview he had with Sweeney and posted his, I suspect edited, version of the interview online.

Note how Sweeney helped to get five mothers wrongfully convicted of killing their children free; whilst, as we all know, Yaxley-Lennon's self publicising actions could have easily led to guilty child rapists going free. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived