How to do TM30 for tenant?

susanschwaiger

Hello !

I've just rented out my unit for long term. For the 1st time address registration of tenant, I will let agent do it cause I'm not in Thailand by then. But in the future, I want to do TM30 myself for the tenant who is working during the weekdays . Does anyone know what documents I need to prepare and can I also do this online (...and how) ? I'm in Pattaya 

Thanks very much in advance

Hi, a couple of (hopefully) useful pointers:

• After having cleared with Tax Office [see chatkatee's post higher] you can register the Unit you own on the IO TM30 website> https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG
  • The documents you need to upload after having filled in the required fields are:
    - a copy of the house-book
    - a signed copy of front-back of ID-card owner
  • When your registration is received, you will almost immediately receive an e-mail to verify the e-mail address you provided is correct.
    And when the application you provided is correct/complete, you will receive your username:password by e-mail.  That can take a couple of days.
  • First time you log-in to the website with the username:password you need to change the password.
    After that you are ready to file a TM30 of any foreigner staying at the registered Unit.
    Note: To upload the data it is recommended to make use of the TM30 Excel-file, as that allows you to quickly update and re-upload that file when a new TM30 of the same foreigner staying at the Unit, needs to be filed.
  • In case you want to do the TM30s as owner for the tenant, you need to make clear arrangements with the tenant that he should inform you immediately when he returns at the registered Unit from a trip abroad, as well as on return of trips outside the province where he stayed at hotels/guesthouses that did ask for his passport to file a TM30 of his stay there.
  • It should be made clear that it is in the interest of the tenant that he informs you, because a current TM30 of the place where he is staying, is required when he applies for an extension of stay.
  • If the tenant prefers to file his TM30s himself, instead of having to bother you each time he returns to the registered Unit, you can simply provide him with the Username:Password, as that would provide him access to the IO TM30 website.
  • TM30 compliance is ONLY checked when the foreigner applies for a new/updated driving license or an extension of stay.  It is not checked whether the TM30 history in the IO database contains all intermediate TM30s from domestic trips.  Just ensure that a current TM30 is on file of the place where he is staying at the moment of application.
    Note: If the tenant would make abundant domestic trips, it is therefore not really necessary to file a TM30 each time he returns.  It is only when he needs to be at the provincial IO for a driving license or extension of stay, that a current TM30 should be on file.  Otherwise he risks that his application will not be processed until the TM30 is cleared.  He would also risk a possible fine. 
  • Hope these pointers are of use, and don't hesitate to PM me or post on this thread if you have questions or need additional info.

Archived