Two tons of marine trash collected on Patong Beach in two hours

webfact

Two tons of marine trash collected on Patong Beach in two hours

By The Phuket News

1569326614_1-org.jpg

The two tons of marine waste were cleared from Patong Beach in just two hours yesterday (Sept 23). Photo: Patong Municipality

PHUKET: Two tons of marine trash were collected from Patong Beach in just two hours, the Patong Municipality Chief of Sanitation has confirmed.

The stunning volume of trash was cleared the sand in a mass beach by by more than 100 municipal officials and staffers yesterday morning (Sept 23), Thinnakorn Khuntaseema, Head of the Sanitation Division of the Public Health and Environment Department at Patong Municipality, told The Phuket News today.

“In just two hours yesterday morning, we collected more than 2,000kg while more trash was still being washed onto the beach,” he said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/two-tons-of-marine-trash-collected-on-patong-beach-in-two-hours-73005.php#fxsS32JpDdubQ1Hz.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-09-25

I suppose the obvious answer is what happens to the two ton of rubbish collected, recycled/re-used doubtful, probably dumped in landfill or waste ground out of sight, or simply dumped back in the sea/rivers, not trying to knock the efforts of the good people involved in this great effort, but there does'nt seem to be any proper waste disposal or re-cycling units (that are working) that i am aware of, Lets hope i'm wrong!

5 hours ago, dimitriv said:

The problem is the plastic trash in the water.

I was there a couple of months ago. It is so bad that it is terrible to swim there. It feels like swimming in plastic soup. No Patong for me anymore.

Good, swimming in low season is dangerous any way. This is due to the wind direction, taking waves, trash and rips onto the beach.

Archived