BANGKOK
webfact

U.S. House to launch Trump impeachment inquiry over Ukraine controversy

14 hours ago, wayned said:

I am wayned and you said:

" Anyway, there has to be a vote in the house first and Nancy seems rather reticent about having one. "

That was what I was responding to and explained the whole procedure.

I fail to see how you didn't understand that!

My post was in two parts. The first part was about a vote in the senate, and the second was pointing out that before the senate can vote the house has to vote to impeach.

Nothing about a vote for an inquiry.

I do think it hilarious the way the dems moan on about how they could convict him if only he would cooperate.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyway, there has to be a vote in the house first and Nancy seems rather reticent about having one. "

There's nothing to vote on.  She can't call for a vote until the Articles of Impeachment are drawn up by the committee and presented to the floor.  The articles have not been drawn up yet and  will not be drawn up until there is sufficient evidence that he has committed  impeachable offences.  There may never be a vote if the investigation determines that there is insufficient evidence.

I think that he is a scumbag but that's most likely not an impeachable offence or there would be a long list!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's nothing to vote on.  She can't call for a vote until the Articles of Impeachment are drawn up by the committee and presented to the floor.  The articles have not been drawn up yet and  will not be drawn up until there is sufficient evidence that he has committed  impeachable offences.  There may never be a vote if the investigation determines that there is insufficient evidence.   I think that he is a scumbag but that's most likely not an impeachable offence or there would be a long list!   

There will be articles.He will be impeached in the house.Conviction in the senate is still very unlikely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/impeachment-is-the-lesser-evil/2019/10/20/77bd99dc-f1b8-11e9-8693-f487e46784aa_story.html 

Why we should impeach and remove President Trump

No one has worked more aggressively to trigger impeachment than the president. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wayned said:

There's nothing to vote on.  She can't call for a vote until the Articles of Impeachment are drawn up by the committee and presented to the floor.  The articles have not been drawn up yet and  will not be drawn up until there is sufficient evidence that he has committed  impeachable offences.  There may never be a vote if the investigation determines that there is insufficient evidence.

I think that he is a scumbag but that's most likely not an impeachable offence or there would be a long list!

I am sure that the left wing will do their best to make wrongthink an impeachable offense if they ever get back in power.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sujo said:

Well just following the constitution would be a nice change.

Without those nasty first two amendments though, right?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Well just following the constitution would be a nice change.

If he would just read the constitution would be a nice change.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Without those nasty first two amendments though, right?

The First Amendment, the one guaranteeing freedom of the press?  Yeah, Trump considers that a really nasty one.

• Like 2