U.S. House to launch Trump impeachment inquiry over Ukraine controversy

webfact

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Even the NYT thinks that Trump engineered this to make the Dems look stupid again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ad-kMNNCRI

What is it with right wingers and videos? You seriously expect people to watch a 21 minute video from Tim Pool? If it's worth saying, it's worth putting in writing.  Like this NY Times editorial, for example:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/opinion/impeachment-inquiry-trump.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Congress Steps Up, Trump Blinks

It turns out President Trump can push his fellow Republicans too far. Senate Republicans stuck up for themselves, and their institution, on Tuesday by joining unanimously with their Democratic colleagues to call on the president to stop stonewalling. They asked him to release to the relevant congressional committees the complaint from a whistle-blower that an inspector general had said raised an “urgent concern about the president’s behavior.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/opinion/impeachment-inquiry-trump.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

10 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I discounted a person I disagree with who has a document history of omitting crucial facts and twisting things. I also pointed out that the State Dept. has no business using Trump's private attorney. If allegation were being made, there's something called the Dept. of Justice for handling that. Or is William Barr also working for the Deep State?

man, that is some weak response. this whole thing is going to boomerang in epic fashion.

Image result for biden boomerang

1 minute ago, elmrfudd said:

man, that is some weak response. this whole thing is going to boomerang in epic fashion.

Image result for biden boomerang

"Man, that is some weak response". This is what's called an all purpose retort that addresses nothing specifically. It's the kind of thing you might expect from an AI bot.

"this whole thing is going to boomerang in epic fashion."

More fact-free stuff. Some people just love referencing the future because it's impossible to fact-check.

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

"Man, that is some weak response". This is what's called an all purpose retort that addresses nothing specifically. It's the kind of thing you might expect from an AI bot.

"this whole thing is going to boomerang in epic fashion."

More fact-free stuff. Some people just love referencing the future because it's impossible to fact-check.

well, you have made up your conclusions of presumed guilt years ago and are doing the same with this, as have the same leftist cabal of TVF posters. that is ok though, it has backfired in spectacular fashion. please keep it up.

Just now, elmrfudd said:

well, you have made up your conclusions of presumed guilt years ago, as have the same leftist cabal of TVF posters. that is ok though, it has back fired in spectacular fashion. please keep it up.

Another fact-free allegation. The kind of comeback that could have been the reply of an AI bot. You've got nothing.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This is not just about Ukraine, there is much more to it and were about to find out how much more to it.

Absolutely!  The whistleblower report supposedly refers to "a foreign leader."  The WH jumped in front of this and said Ukraine, but if we don't see the unedited/unredacted report it's just more of the usual rubbish.

1 minute ago, bendejo said:

Absolutely!  The whistleblower report supposedly refers to "a foreign leader."  The WH jumped in front of this and said Ukraine, but if we don't see the unedited/unredacted report it's just more of the usual rubbish.

Actually, the Wall Street Journal first reported that it was the Ukraine.

13 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Another fact-free allegation. The kind of comeback that could have been the reply of an AI bot. You've got nothing.

you seem really fixated about the bot nonsense. you presented no facts, ....this is all based assumption of guilt, on your part

you actually believe bots are in this thread, amazing

6 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

you seem really fixated about the bot nonsense. you presented no facts, ....this is all based assumption of guilt, on your part

you actually believe bots are in this thread, amazing

I didn't allege you were an AIbot. I alleged your comments were like those that would be produced by an AI bot. General comments with nothing specific. No evidence offered.

As for facts about the impeachment case, I did present them. I pointed out that the IG thought the issues raised by the whistleblower warranted urgent attention. How is that based on an assumption of guilt? Am I misrepresenting what the IG said? 

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

What is it with right wingers and videos? You seriously expect people to watch a 21 minute video from Tim Pool? If it's worth saying, it's worth putting in writing.  Like this NY Times editorial, for example:

Congress Steps Up, Trump Blinks

It turns out President Trump can push his fellow Republicans too far. Senate Republicans stuck up for themselves, and their institution, on Tuesday by joining unanimously with their Democratic colleagues to call on the president to stop stonewalling. They asked him to release to the relevant congressional committees the complaint from a whistle-blower that an inspector general had said raised an “urgent concern about the president’s behavior.

and yet you reference something as an editorial when in fact it is just another opinion piece. 

47 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

nonsense, you continue to use the wapo/nyt with their obvious bias , then discount a person you do not agree with. sad, but not unexpected.

If the state dept asked for the meeting, then there your assertions are mute.

April:

"But many of the allegations shared with me by more than a half-dozen senior Ukrainian officials are supported by evidence that emerged in recent U.S. court filings and intelligence reports. The Ukrainians told me their evidence includes:"...

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/437719-ukrainian-to-us-prosecutors-why-dont-you-want-our-evidence-on-democrats

16 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

and yet you reference something as an editorial when in fact it is just another opinion piece. 

What are you on about? Editorials are opinion pieces.

"a newspaper article written by or on behalf of an editor that gives an opinion on a topical issue."

This one comes from the Editorial Board of the NY Times. Ya can't get much more editorial than that.

And I really can't believe that there are posters who actually liked your post. Probably a Pavlovian response.

20 minutes ago, riclag said:

April:

"But many of the allegations shared with me by more than a half-dozen senior Ukrainian officials are supported by evidence that emerged in recent U.S. court filings and intelligence reports. The Ukrainians told me their evidence includes:"...

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/437719-ukrainian-to-us-prosecutors-why-dont-you-want-our-evidence-on-democrats

Solomon claims that it was the State Department's initiative to get the Ukrainians to work with Giuliani. Yet Trump admits he pushed the Ukrainians to work with Giuliani. It's stuff like that which makes Solomon's "reporting" so suspect.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Difference is the Western countries wanted him fired due to inaction against corruption.

Not US alone, not due to investigation into a political rival, not secretly.

Trump storm troopers are not keen on understanding "differences." Mudslinging and blatant ignoramus lies are their modus operandi.

3 hours ago, neeray said:

They found lots worthwhile. But certain hand-picked, highly placed people have stymied the findings.

They found enough that when Trump is no longer a serving President, he is going to find multiple charges brought against him. Many may never be concluded in his lifetime. But he will be served for multiple indiscretions.

What really concerns me about this man is not that he lies and cheats - it is that he lies and cheats so blatently. The US was meant to be the last bastion of what is right about democracy and between Trump and that vehicle of mass hate, Twitter, the presidency now seems like a dictatorship.

Democracy in the US was based on the assumption that people would generally play by the rules and that in itself would keep people in power reasonably in check. Trump has no regard for democracy and has shown that the US powers actually can do little to dissuade people who won't play fair.

Many people the world over now use Trumps catch phrases as all encompassing slogans. Propaganda slogans like "fake news' and 'witchhunt' are classic Strawman and deflection techniques that the world's media and the people who demand it have now embraced. I'm seriously embarrassed to be human when I hear such propaganda used in mainstream communication and everyone else should be as well.

I have mixed feelings about this. It will never pass the senate, so it is really just a ceremonial proceeding. However, this is something he has earned and with his continued disregard for the law, he deserves this kind of disrespect. I think it will hurt him. I think he is going to lose the election hugely. The American people are just tired of his games, his extreme lack of talent, his complete inability to negotiate anything, his arrogance, hubris, and combative style. And the world feels this way even more so. His approval rating in the US is down to 39%. I would imagine worldwide it has to be less than 10%. The planet will celebrate when he is ousted, and hopefully the SDNY will pursue him, and make sure he gets locked up. He has worked his whole life for that fate. After swindling thousands of people out of billions of dollars, prison is where he belongs. 

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

What a joke! all the Ukraine government said 'no pressure', the transcripts say 'no pressure' and Biden's son gets HUGE payments.  Carry on Dems!  push more people towards Trump. What a FARCE.

13 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

What a joke! all the Ukraine government said 'no pressure', the transcripts say 'no pressure' and Biden's son gets HUGE payments.  Carry on Dems!  push more people towards Trump. What a FARCE.

The phone call in itself when viewed in isolation is not the issue. You also need to take into account why Trump's team secretly held back promised Ukrainian funding in the days leading up to that phone call. With a Country like the Ukraine on its knees after being invaded by Russia, it needs all the support it can get.

Look at the phone call in context and tell us if you still do not see an issue.

3 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

All this is going to do is fire up Trumps base, ensuring his reelection, remember Clinton?

The problem of you “logic” is that a big part of the Republican Party is no longer part of Trumps base... 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-takeover-of-gop-forces-many-house-republicans-to-head-for-the-exits/ar-AAHFWB5

2 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

But there is a missing part of the story that the American public needs in order to assess what really happened: Giuliani’s contact with Zelensky adviser and attorney Andrei Yermak this summer was encouraged and facilitated by the U.S. State Department.

Giuliani didn’t initiate it. A senior U.S. diplomat contacted him in July and asked for permission to connect Yermak with him. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/462422-missing-piece-to-the-ukraine-puzzle-state-departments-overture-to-rudy

Yes the American public needs to know:

1. What "senior U.S. diplomat" contacted Giuliani? And what are the reasons for the contact to be "encouraged and facilitated" by the U.S. State department.

2. Why would the U.S. State Department ask the President's personal lawyer to contact Yermak, a lawyer / adviser for the Ukranian president? The U.S. State Department is certainly equipped and capable to do it's own negotiations.

57 minutes ago, riclag said:

April:

Anything Ukraine has on democrats, is really immaterial. This is about Trump trying to get a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political opponent under threat of withholding money. Anything the previous administration may or may not have done is really not important.

Archived