U.S. House to launch Trump impeachment inquiry over Ukraine controversy

webfact

10 hours ago, riclag said:

Actually its the best thing that could happen,imop ! The impeachment of the best economy POTUS,ever ! Dems are playing the public opinion game with their MSM friendlies to convince other voters who wanted change, to jump ship lol.  Americans,most importantly the swing voter, will have a chance to see the liberal swamp  and the Gop defend their version of hyperbole on the house floor!  The Radical dems ,some of which have been trying to impeach him the day he walked off that escalator back in 2015 to announce his intentions, sad, versus the people who won the electoral vote by a landslide! victory! Bring it on!   

I'm glad you're so happy.

You might not be by the end of it all.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RideJocky said:

Yes, pointing out the hypocrisy of the left is always judged (by the left) to be deflection, off-topic or some other disqualifier unrelated to the merit of the claim.

We can all easily pick issues with past Presidents, policies, wars and yes, the hypocrisy of it all. But as your mum would advise, it's no use crying over spilled milk as it rarely adds to the current conversation and only heads us all in the wrong direction.

The only exception I would suggest is perhaps comparing past to current impeachments. That's the only relevant topic here. 

10 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

At this point I absolutely insist on impeachment. Im going to love watching Dems

struggle to prove their falsely inflated claims using hearsay. Hopefully John Durham will

bust into the room and drag some of them off.

Another happy camper!

The last time I saw so many happy Trump fans it was 50% off ammunition day at Walmarts.

Well since we are all now happy to see impeachment, I think our job here is done.

11 hours ago, riclag said:

Actually its the best thing that could happen,imop ! The impeachment of the best economy POTUS,ever ! Dems are playing the public opinion game with their MSM friendlies to convince other voters who wanted change, to jump ship lol.  Americans,most importantly the swing voter, will have a chance to see the liberal swamp  and the Gop defend their version of hyperbole on the house floor!  The Radical dems ,some of which have been trying to impeach him the day he walked off that escalator back in 2015 to announce his intentions, sad, versus the people who won the electoral vote by a landslide! victory! Bring it on!   

Be careful what you ask for.  If the House votes for impeachment, Trump may very well resign rather than risk being indicted by the Senate (low probability, but you never know).  Regardless, it's clear the business community and stock market would prefer a President Pence.

[A Wall Street investment firm predicts the stock market would rally if President Trump steps down as president.]

[Raymond James acknowledged Trump's resignation is a "low probability event," CNN Business reported. But the firm said in the "possible" event of the president stepping down it predicted Vice President Mike Pence will help the market stabilize.]

["Trump has become so erratic and unpredictable that it's annoying for the markets," CNN Business said Valliere added. "Pence is a boring, conservative, pro-business Midwesterner."]

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/466636-wall-street-firm-predicts-stock-market-would-rally-if-trump-resigned

Of course, Pence could be implicated in some of Trump's criminality.  If that happens.... 

...A Wall Street investment firm predicts the stock market would rally if President Trump steps down as president.

Yes, one of thousands.

I wonder why they didn’t ask what the market would do if Bernie or one of the other communists is elected....

Hilarious

9 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

Yes, one of thousands.

I wonder why they didn’t ask what the market would do if Bernie or one of the other communists is elected....

Hilarious

Having an honorable and competent President would be worth the stock market taking a hit.  Besides, I would welcome a buying opportunity....5555

23 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Having an honorable and competent President would be worth the stock market taking a hit.  Besides, I would welcome a buying opportunity....5555

The best thing for many markets is to finally confront China's long term unfair trade practices. Few Western politicians have had much interest in the long game, too busy with politics.  

Fortunately, a lot of us finally have a honorable and competent President.

But it’s nice you guys have a taste of how we felt for the 8 years prior.

On 10/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, Longcut said:

Treaty 106-16

Joe Biden was a member of the U.S. Senate and then signed by then-President Bill Clinton. 

A comprehensive treaty agreement that allows cooperation between both the United States and Ukraine in the investigation and prosecution of crimes. 

It appears President Trump was following the law to the letter when it comes to unearthing the long-standing corruption that has swirled in Ukraine and allegedly involves powerful Democrats like Joe Biden and others.

Post image

“To the Senate of the United States: With a view to receiving the advice and consent of the Senate to ratification, I transmit herewith the Treaty Between the United States of America and Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters with Annex, signed at Kiev on July 22, 1998. I transmit also, for the information of the Senate, an exchange of notes which was signed on September 30, 1999, which provides for its provisional application, as well as the report of the Department of State with respect to the Treaty. The Treaty is one of a series of modern mutual legal assistance treaties being negotiated by the United States in order to counter criminal activities more effectively. The Treaty should be an effective tool to assist in the prosecution of a wide variety of crimes, including drug trafficking offenses. The Treaty is self-executing. It provides for a broad range of cooperation in criminal matters. Mutual assistance available under the Treaty includes: taking of testimony or statements of persons; providing documents, records, and articles of evidence; serving documents; locating or identifying persons; transferring persons in custody for testimony or other purposes; executing requests for searches and seizures; assisting in proceedings related to restraint, confiscation, forfeiture of assets, restitution, and collection of fines; and any other form of assistance not prohibited by the laws of the requested state. I recommend that the Senate give early and favorable consideration to the Treaty and give its advice and consent to ratification.”

WILLIAM J. CLINTON.

You are right, there is a legal way to ask for cooperation. 

Why is it that Trump did not follow the legal way, and instead used a crooked way?

(I have a few ideas about it)

6 hours ago, RideJocky said:

Yes, pointing out the hypocrisy of the left is always judged (by the left) to be deflection, off-topic or some other disqualifier unrelated to the merit of the claim.

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

How is a "but, but, but...Obama!" post not a deflection?

5 hours ago, RideJocky said:

Exactly

Exactly, back atcha.  You and the others have nothing, so you post nothing.

2 hours ago, rabas said:

The best thing for many markets is to finally confront China's long term unfair trade practices. Few Western politicians have had much interest in the long game, too busy with politics.  

Yeah, that's what the Trans Pacific Partnership would have done.  Unfortunately Trump had no interest in long game politics, and embarked on his Make America Weak Again policies to fool the simple minded into thinking he was doing something.

21 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

You have an honorable and competent President?  What country are you from?

In my country we have a President who spent years spreading the lie that Obama was born in Kenya, only to admit the lie when it no longer suited him.  He also ran a fake university, bankrupted partners, hired criminals to work on his campaign, etc.

4 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

No, back atchoo!!!!

That you don’t acknowledge what others might believe does not mean it has no legitimacy.

You believe any number of things I know to be false.

Uh, my point was, and is, that this topic has nothing to do with Obama or troop levels in Iraq, and any attempt to bring these subjects up is a diversion.  Before you argue with that, you should read the title of this topic.  If you still believe a "but, but, but...Obama!" post is anything but a diversion, you are an irredeemable fan of "alternative facts".

Uh, my point was, and is, that this topic has nothing to do with Obama or troop levels in Iraq, and any attempt to bring these subjects up is a diversion.  Before you argue with that, you should read the title of this topic.  If you still believe a "but, but, but...Obama!" post is anything but a diversion, you are an irredeemable fan of "alternative facts".
Yeah.
Obviously.
So why engage?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sure.
But not stupidly.
Tariffs which Americans pay for even though some buy the lies that China is paying a great example of a stupid policy.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Uncontested lies are taken as truths by gullible people.

Absolutely.

Like the fact that Ukraine has been NOT been a hotbed of anti Trump activity (very likely illegal)

in the run up to 2016.

Like the fact thatJoe Biden has NOT done anything shady in Ukraine by shaking down the Ukrainians

for a quid pro quo.

All this stuff can, should and is being contested.

25 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Absolutely.

Like the fact that Ukraine has been NOT been a hotbed of anti Trump activity (very likely illegal)

in the run up to 2016.

Like the fact thatJoe Biden has NOT done anything shady in Ukraine by shaking down the Ukrainians

for a quid pro quo.

It already was contested and found nothing.

33 minutes ago, Sujo said:
59 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Absolutely.

in the run up to 2016.

for a quid pro quo.

It already was contested and found nothing.

Just like Trump, his minions repeat the same lie over and over again, hoping it would stick. 

You have an honorable and competent President?  What country are you from?

In my country we have a President who spent years spreading the lie that Obama was born in Kenya, only to admit the lie when it no longer suited him.  He also ran a fake university, bankrupted partners, hired criminals to work on his campaign, etc.

Yes, a lie that the campaign of his rival started.

How funny is that?

You guys all all still lying about what he says...

31 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

Yes, a lie that the campaign of his rival started.

How funny is that?

You guys all all still lying about what he says...

It's all there for the whole world to see on Twitter, Youtube etc. Trump spewing forth an endless stream of lies, day after day after day non-stop lies, half-truths and pure BS.

But maybe in the Twilight Zone where most of the Trump base seems to reside things are different.

29 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

Contested by who, CNN?

Do you really expect us to spoon feed you information? Use a couple of minutes on Google and see for yourself.

3 hours ago, RideJocky said:

You can agree or disagree with policies, agree or disagree with personalities, but calling trump honourable is not possible for any reasonable thinking person.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Uncontested lies are taken as truths by gullible people.

I hear you but I'm not so sure. I think at this point people actually engaged with these issues recognize mindless 45 propaganda lies for what they are. The people consuming them such as on Fox News are not going to be persuaded by fact checking or truth telling. 

So my POV is if a discussion is a reasonable one such as disagreeing on policy issues (such as China tariffs) sure that's getting back to the normality that we need. Once you get anything close to MAGA slogans, blatant 45 party line lies, and personality cult worship, there is nothing to talk about. Unless you're a deprogramming professional. 

You can agree or disagree with policies, agree or disagree with personalities, but calling trump honourable is not possible for any reasonable thinking person.

As always, any reasonable, thinking person would agree with you, yes?

Another if the left’s standard regurgitated responses. If you don’t agree with the left, there is obviously something wrong with you, right?

While I don’t think him particularly honorable, he is at least as honorable as either of the Clintons, and certainly more honorable than any number of other individuals holding public office.

I know the left’s constant claim (all a sudden) that we have to hold the President to a higher standard. Which is nothing but code for: we can say anything we want, and he should say nothing in response.

He is attacked and lied about in the press constantly, he and his family are called any number of names and his net worth has plummeted.

So while I think he is something of a blow-hard, and he has made a number of (what I consider) bad decisions, he has at least slowed the leftward shift of the country and for that I am grateful.

You are not. You want the leftward shift to accelerate, and (apparently) are willing to do whatever it takes to get him out of office.

whatever

I hear you but I'm not so sure. I think at this point people actually engaged with these issues recognize mindless 45 propaganda lies for what they are. The people consuming them such as on Fox News are not going to be persuaded by fact checking or truth telling. 

So my POV is if a discussion is a reasonable one such as disagreeing on policy issues (such as China tariffs) sure that's getting back to the normality that we need. Once you get anything close to MAGA slogans, blatant 45 party line lies, and personality cult worship, there is nothing to talk about. Unless you're a deprogramming professional. 

Yes, the standard regurgitation from the left is that if you don’t want Trump run out of office and incarcerated you worship him.

Do you know how tiresome that is?

I hated President Obama’s policies, and know him to be a liar, but I did not call for him to be run out of office.

Archived