BANGKOK
webfact

U.S. House to launch Trump impeachment inquiry over Ukraine controversy

On 10/14/2019 at 11:40 PM, Jingthing said:

You're joking right? Mueller didn't open his mouth for years. Don’t stress. 45 already impeached himself. What's going on now is about packaging.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Impeachment without conviction does not change anything. Didn't make any difference to Clinton. In my recollection the most unpopular man as result was Starr.

IMO the only way to get rid of Trump is to find a candidate that middle America will vote for.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Impeachment without conviction does not change anything. Didn't make any difference to Clinton. In my recollection the most unpopular man as result was Starr.

IMO the only way to get rid of Trump is to find a candidate that middle America will vote for.

I think that Pelosi realizes this and it is why she held off endorsing the impeachment inquiry until other members of the house "convinced" her too.  What she is now hoping is that there will be enough evidence of Trump's abuse of power that, even if the Senate doesn't remove him, it will sway some of the folks in middle America to not vote for Trump.  It's a big gamble, nut what's the other choice now that the inquiry is formally started.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, wayned said:

I think that Pelosi realizes this and it is why she held off endorsing the impeachment inquiry until other members of the house "convinced" her too.  What she is now hoping is that there will be enough evidence of Trump's abuse of power that, even if the Senate doesn't remove him, it will sway some of the folks in middle America to not vote for Trump.  It's a big gamble, nut what's the other choice now that the inquiry is formally started.

Agree, but the folks in middle America are not going to vote for an old white man that has skeletons in the closet, or an extreme leftist that used a falsehood to advance herself.

They need another Bernie, or a Jack Kennedy, but so far they ain't showing up. Probably because they don't want to lose to Trump, IMO.

Pelosi's nightmare must be that they manage to convict Trump and Pence wins on the backlash. 

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Lindsay Graham just said in an interview that if Pelosi succeeds in impeaching the President on the phone call, it will be dead as soon as it reaches the Senate..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Lindsay Graham just said in an interview that if Pelosi succeeds in impeaching the President on the phone call, it will be dead as soon as it reaches the Senate..

He doesn't know what has been discovered already and what is still being discovered.

Also don't forget he is one of the senators who wholeheartedly supports Trump, many others are doing this only half-heartedly.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Lindsey Graham is a big bag of wind that changes his tune every time Trump farts and blows his puckered lips away from his a**!  "I thought that you wanted me to kiss the right cheek, now it's the left"

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Those republicans must be pulling their hairs out that Pelosi and Schiff simply treat their request for votes as a nothing burger. They must be cursing themselves for their own shenanigans in 2015 and giving the Dems the power to ignore them. Karma is a bitch. Ouch.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Can you explain please?

• Haha 1