Vietnam monthly apartment, room or hotel rentals

Langkawee

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe best to go and stay in a hotel for a few days check things out.

But golly, with all the 100's if not 1000' s who claim they have moved there you would think this thread would be full of information about all the fantastic places to stay.

Good luck.

To the OP

Glad to see you have already had a couple of helpful replies.

You might get more if you ask in the TVF Vietnam forum

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/240-vietnam-forum/

You could request your question be moved to there.

PM a moderator or report your own topic merely asking for it to be moved.

Good Luck

Just now, bkk6060 said:

But golly, with all the 100's if not 1000' s who claim they have moved there you would think this thread would be full of information about all the fantastic places to stay.

Good luck.

It is in the TVF visa section though, those who have moved to Vietnam or are living there might not be too much interested in Thai visas etc.

Hotels are very cheap in Vietnam, and you often get discounts on long stays, especially monthly. I have been staying in hotels in Vietnam for 2 years now :have my regular places in cities I visit on a regular basis. Where in Thailand can you get a spotless room with cable TV, fridge, hot water and Air-con for as little as 10 USD? Saigon and especially Hanoi will be significantly more expensive than the rest of Vietnam, just like hotels in Central Bkk will be almost twice as much as you pay in the rest of Thailand (well Phuket and Hua Hin are pretty expensive too)

Look on Peter big Adventure in Vietnam and enjoy...  There are a treasure of information here to live in Hanoi and where to look for any information on living in Vietnam.

https://www.petersbigadventure.com/city-guides/hanoi/living-working#housing-in-hanoi

https://www.petersbigadventure.com/city-guides/hanoi/living-working#field-guide-to-living-working-in-hanoi

Look on Peter big Adventure in Vietnam and enjoy...

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I suspect many people will not respond because they have happily moved on with their lives in Vietnam and have no desire to keep up with TVF. Besides, there's now a Vietnam forum, and if I were living there (or when I'm ready to go there) I'd likely gravitate to that one as it would be MUCH more appropriate than reading the same old whining and insults endemic with TVF.

I'm still trying to understand all the insulting and sarcastic comments aimed at people who plan to move to Vietnam or express positive interest in the place. I think that's really strange when it couldn't possibly have any effect on the people who are making such comments, yet they seem somehow offended by interest in Vietnam. As I've said before, my suspicion is that many of them are trapped here through personal or financial situations, and voicing their negativity about VN somehow makes them feel better about their own lot. I'm not assuming that's your particular situation, but your comment prompted me to wonder once again. 

2 hours ago, Inn Between said:

I suspect many people will not respond because they have happily moved on with their lives in Vietnam and have no desire to keep up with TVF. Besides, there's now a Vietnam forum, and if I were living there (or when I'm ready to go there) I'd likely gravitate to that one as it would be MUCH more appropriate than reading the same old whining and insults endemic with TVF.

I'm still trying to understand all the insulting and sarcastic comments aimed at people who plan to move to Vietnam or express positive interest in the place. I think that's really strange when it couldn't possibly have any effect on the people who are making such comments, yet they seem somehow offended by interest in Vietnam. As I've said before, my suspicion is that many of them are trapped here through personal or financial situations, and voicing their negativity about VN somehow makes them feel better about their own lot. I'm not assuming that's your particular situation, but your comment prompted me to wonder once again. 

So true this guy always seems upset soon as we dare to consider moving on. Why the heck he cares where we gonna live?? 

fyi the other sad thing about him is that he only comes up with why he loves it here is because Soi 6 apparently has many hotties ??

Seems he is here for only defending this place at all costs. Example If a farang lady gets her bag snatched by a local he will just blame her for going out with a bag??

He will also say that Pattaya is busy and vibrant with visitors  while infect its dead. I doubt he will ever say his real motive for not having any objectivity!

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Quite probably keeping quiet about it  , would hardly want Pattaya leavers to move in next to them in their Danang  condo 

I have lived i Vietnam while working for many years and would advise this.

Find the area or place you like and spend some time there, talk to the people you meet and they will tell you the costs of the different apartments, houses, rooms whatever, there are a lot of places available and a little time is needed to find the 1 for you. If you decide to stay at a hotel and negotiate a deal you will be asked to sign a contract 6 mths or a year depending on your stay. Same with houses and condo's, also be aware you will need a 1 mth or possible 2 mths deposit.

15 hours ago, thecyclist said:

spotless room with cable TV, fridge, hot water and Air-con for as little as 10 USD?

Lemme see $10/night = $300/month = 9,000bht

So the answer is easily, in CM I used to stay in such a place for 5,000bht/month, it's still the same price today.

I've found rooms in Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia/Philippines to all be much the same price, $10-$15/night or $150-$200/month.

Did find a really nice place in Siem Reap for $10/night ($12 with aircon) that had a fantastic swimming pool.

Usually it's a bit more if they have a swimming pool.

Saigon you need to look hard for the cheaper places, but Hanoi is cheap as chips right in the centre.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:57 PM, thecyclist said:

Hotels are very cheap in Vietnam, and you often get discounts on long stays, especially monthly. I have been staying in hotels in Vietnam for 2 years now :have my regular places in cities I visit on a regular basis. Where in Thailand can you get a spotless room with cable TV, fridge, hot water and Air-con for as little as 10 USD? Saigon and especially Hanoi will be significantly more expensive than the rest of Vietnam, just like hotels in Central Bkk will be almost twice as much as you pay in the rest of Thailand (well Phuket and Hua Hin are pretty expensive too)

In what cities would I find these hotels? Especially ones who give monthly rates? How about theft from your room by staff? Is it common? Naming the hotels would be of immense value with their monthly rates. 

On 9/26/2019 at 8:47 AM, BritManToo said:

Lemme see $10/night = $300/month = 9,000bht

So the answer is easily, in CM I used to stay in such a place for 5,000bht/month, it's still the same price today.

I've found rooms in Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia/Philippines to all be much the same price, $10-$15/night or $150-$200/month.

Did find a really nice place in Siem Reap for $10/night ($12 with aircon) that had a fantastic swimming pool.

Usually it's a bit more if they have a swimming pool.

Saigon you need to look hard for the cheaper places, but Hanoi is cheap as chips right in the centre.

Care to name the cheap as chips hotels in the centre of Hanoi. I thought Hanoi was expensive. 

On 9/25/2019 at 4:57 PM, thecyclist said:

Care  to name these hotels and location? 

20 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Care to name the cheap as chips hotels in the centre of Hanoi. I thought Hanoi was expensive. 

Agoda

Hanoi Asia Guesthouse 320bht/night free breakfast for 2

Hanoi Golden Moon Guesthouse 290bht/night breakfast for 2.

There's dozens of these places all in the old town.

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Agoda

Hanoi Asia Guesthouse 320bht/night free breakfast for 2

Hanoi Golden Moon Guesthouse 290bht/night breakfast for 2.

There's dozens of these places all in the old town.

Thank you very much BritManToo for your very useful reply. I hope others will follow your lead. I am specifically interested in Hanoi and Saigon and Danang for monthly rates, but daily rates will be tremendously helpful too. 

37 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Thank you very much BritManToo for your very useful reply. I hope others will follow your lead. I am specifically interested in Hanoi and Saigon and Danang for monthly rates, but daily rates will be tremendously helpful too. 

Da Nang, I stayed at Viha Beach Apartment, about 350bht/night for a small double room with English movie channels.

100m from the beach, view of the beach, very quiet, shared kitchen with free water and full cooking facilities.

Just around the corner was an expat bar, N-pub, beer for $1 a bottle, buy one, get one free on weekdays 5-7pm.

Bus from the airport (5,000VND) stopped 200m away.

Monthly rates were available but I didn't ask the price.

I would definitely stay there again, beach was fantastic, walked along it every morning.

viha.jpg

beach day.jpg

On 9/26/2019 at 8:31 AM, Darkside Gray said:

I have lived i Vietnam while working for many years and would advise this.

Find the area or place you like and spend some time there, talk to the people you meet and they will tell you the costs of the different apartments, houses, rooms whatever, there are a lot of places available and a little time is needed to find the 1 for you. If you decide to stay at a hotel and negotiate a deal you will be asked to sign a contract 6 mths or a year depending on your stay. Same with houses and condo's, also be aware you will need a 1 mth or possible 2 mths deposit.

I like Hanoi, especially across the bridge, Long Bien, not polluted, no dust, and far away from the tourist ghetto hell. Most parts of Hanoi are heavily polluted. I walked 20 kilometres every day for 2 weekd in Hanoi so I saw a lot of it. Much dust flying around from building infrastructure projects. Danang near the Central Big C or near Lotte Mart, can be good. Lotte Mart, fantastic food at half the price you would pay in Thailand and much tastier. Big C is where you'll find cheap beer. Becks beer, 500 ml, 11,500 dong on promotion. However always been very happy with Thai monthly accommodation. If I can find same deals or better in Vietnam .....

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Da Nang, I stayed at Viha Beach Apartment, about 350bht/night for a small double room with English movie channels.

100m from the beach, view of the beach, very quiet, shared kitchen with free water and full cooking facilities.

Just around the corner was an expat bar, N-pub, beer for $1 a bottle, buy one, get one free on weekdays 5-7pm.

Bus from the airport (5,000VND) stopped 200m away.

Monthly rates were available but I didn't ask the price.

I would definitely stay there again, beach was fantastic, walked along it every morning.

viha.jpg

beach day.jpg

Fantastic, amazing. Makes the Viet bashers look ridiculous. My only problem with Vietnam is finding good monthly accommodation at similar or better prices than Thailand. The people I found to be the salt of the Earth outside of the tourist ghettos. 

20 hours ago, Langkawee said:

In what cities would I find these hotels? Especially ones who give monthly rates? How about theft from your room by staff? Is it common? Naming the hotels would be of immense value with their monthly rates. 

I live in different cities of the Mekong Delta. I could give you names and could even send you photos, but from your posts, it looks like you are more interested in Saigon (where after intensive searches in the tourist area a couple years ago I found one place with all the amenities for 10$,but it was rundown and a bit of a dump :nowadays when I have to go to Saigon I stay near the airport and spend 20 bucks for something nice), and Hanoi (been there only once, so no expert on this city, but I cycled around for hours and looked at dozens of rooms, couldn't find anything under 15 $ that was not a dump,be prepared to pay at least 20 for a nice clean room there). Everywhere else I have been, including Danang, 10 to15 $ should be enough to get you decent accommodation. For example, in Cần Thơ city I always stay in the Ngọc Lam Hotel, where for 300000 dong you get a small, but very nice room (big fridge, big screen TV, supercold Air-con) :they told me they do give discounts for long term stay, but never stayed longer than a few days, so haven't asked how much)

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

I live in different cities of the Mekong Delta. I could give you names and could even send you photos, but from your posts, it looks like you are more interested in Saigon (where after intensive searches in the tourist area a couple years ago I found one place with all the amenities for 10$,but it was rundown and a bit of a dump :nowadays when I have to go to Saigon I stay near the airport and spend 20 bucks for something nice), and Hanoi (been there only once, so no expert on this city, but I cycled around for hours and looked at dozens of rooms, couldn't find anything under 15 $ that was not a dump,be prepared to pay at least 20 for a nice clean room there). Everywhere else I have been, including Danang, 10 to15 $ should be enough to get you decent accommodation. For example, in Cần Thơ city I always stay in the Ngọc Lam Hotel, where for 300000 dong you get a small, but very nice room (big fridge, big screen TV, supercold Air-con) :they told me they do give discounts for long term stay, but never stayed longer than a few days, so haven't asked how much)

Thanks for your reply thecyclist and tips, much appreciated. However thus far Thailand can't be beaten for a nice apartment for 4000 to 5000 baht a month until we confirm how much the monthly rates were. As yet nobody has been able to confirm actual monthly rates. Perhaps the Vietnam bashers are correct after all. I could stay anywhere in Vietnam if the town could match Thailand's quality and price for monthly apartments. So easy in Thailand, just look up www.tee-pak.com Could there be a similar website in Vietnam. I've read online that apartment burglaries are common in Vietnam while you are sleeping also. Anybody had any experiences with room, apartment, hotel or home burglaries in Vietnam? Is it really as endemic as some people suggest?

31 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Thanks for your reply thecyclist and tips, much appreciated. However thus far Thailand can't be beaten for a nice apartment for 4000 to 5000 baht a month until we confirm how much the monthly rates were. As yet nobody has been able to confirm actual monthly rates. Perhaps the Vietnam bashers are correct after all. I could stay anywhere in Vietnam if the town could match Thailand's quality and price for monthly apartments. So easy in Thailand, just look up www.tee-pak.com Could there be a similar website in Vietnam. I've read online that apartment burglaries are common in Vietnam while you are sleeping also. Anybody had any experiences with room, apartment, hotel or home burglaries in Vietnam? Is it really as endemic as some people suggest?

Ok Vietnam has burglaries and Thailand doesn't have burglaries happy now?

Enjoy your NICE 4000 bht room in Thailand mate it sounds like u got already  ur paradise !

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Ok Vietnam has burglaries and Thailand doesn't have burglaries happy now?

Enjoy your NICE 4000 bht room in Thailand mate it sounds like u got already  ur paradise !

You are correct. It takes more than a nice 4000 baht apartment to be happy, but it doesn't hurt. Thais will tell you which apartments have burglaries and which don't if you ask them. Thais have guaranteed me that if I move into some mentioned apartments they could guarantee I'd be robbed. The New Hanoian forum has much details about these Spider-Man robberies. It's a good read. i would not call Thailand paradise. But it has good infrastructure. It is let down by many other things. But it appears to win on monthly apartments and hotels, as nobody has been able to confirm names of apartments or hotels with monthly rates the same as Thai prices. I think generally in Thailand if you pay above 3000 baht monthly you won't be burgled. Infrastructure, I mean good cheap gyms. Deadly but cheap buses and vans. One feels lucky to depart Thailand alive. And of course many mysterious deaths that you don't see in other Asian countries. And supermarkets are much more expensive in Thailand. 

Archived