BANGKOK
Langkawee

Vietnam monthly apartment, room or hotel rentals

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

If i and probably most others would move from Thailand to Vietnam it wouldn’t be for a price differences in accommodations but for differences visa requirements.

Seems to me accommodations can be found inexpensive in both these 2 Countries no significant difference!

I think it's a difference between 3500 baht a month in Thailand and 10,000 baht a month in Vietnam for similar apartments from what I see online. Very well could be wrong on this because that's only looking online at Vietnam Facebook posts which is not comprehensive. tee-pak.com is very comprehensive for Thai apartments. I am no expert on the price of Vietnam monthly apartments. Under 50 indefinitely on Thai tourists visas not possible anymore, and even if over 50 some may prefer not to tie up that money. I found Vietnamese people far more welcoming and hospitable than Thai people, I think that's obvious to all now, out of the tourist ghettos. Amazing the warmth of the people, a discovery of long lost humanity, a salt of the Earth discovery, best seen on a motorcycle. <deleted> amazing people. 

Edited by Langkawee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

If i and probably most others would move from Thailand to Vietnam it wouldn’t be for a price differences in accommodations but for differences visa requirements.

Seems to me accommodations can be found inexpensive in both these 2 Countries no significant difference!

last october, I stayed in this capsule hotel to try it out which is right the center of district 1 that was 6 dollars a night.  also tried out this hotel in this alleyway next to this highland coffee shop nearby that went for 20 dollars a night. 40 sqm.  nobody else there.  down the street was this banhmi shop that had these unbelievably good sandwiches for 34000 dong.  I may make saigon my part time home each year.  roundtrip tickets from bangkok run around 90 dollars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DEKEM said:

also tried out this hotel in this alleyway next to this highland coffee shop nearby that went for 20 dollars a night.

Paid $10/night at Vinh Hostel for a triple room, air con, fridge, shower room and amazing views from a whole wall of windows looking into Highland Coffee. Had rap/rock/hiphop music from the nightclub in the park blasting out until 2am every night.

Lucky I don't sleep much these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEKEM said:

last october, I stayed in this capsule hotel to try it out which is right the center of district 1 that was 6 dollars a night.  also tried out this hotel in this alleyway next to this highland coffee shop nearby that went for 20 dollars a night. 40 sqm.  nobody else there.  down the street was this banhmi shop that had these unbelievably good sandwiches for 34000 dong.  I may make saigon my part time home each year.  roundtrip tickets from bangkok run around 90 dollars.

Yes, but will Thailand allow you back with your $90 return ticket, if not, from other posts Vietnam immigration sees you as persona non grata if denied entry to Thailand and therefore you are deported back to your home country. Always fun and games in Thailand, always adrenalin filled unexpected 555 

On 9/30/2019 at 3:51 PM, Destiny1990 said:

The beer tastes so much better, BIA HA NOI, 13 baht a can. 

• Like 2

I'm in Hanoi now if anyone knows hotels at $10 or less a night, or $100 to $200 a month in any location in Hanoi. Public buses go everywhere for 9 baht regardless of distance. Traffic seems to flow much better than Bangkok due to very few cars. Use Google maps to plan your bus ride. Old quarter seems 10 times bigger than Khao Sarn road area and much more lively. Have to give the Vietnamese government credit where it's due. Hopefully the Indians will fix Thailand's tourism woes. Poor people need work. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

The beer tastes so much better, BIA HA NOI, 13 baht a can. 

Need to state that those are the small cans with two gulps per can in 

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Not true, they are the same size as I drink anywhere in Asia. 

On 9/25/2019 at 4:57 PM, thecyclist said:

Hotels are very cheap in Vietnam, and you often get discounts on long stays, especially monthly. I have been staying in hotels in Vietnam for 2 years now :have my regular places in cities I visit on a regular basis. Where in Thailand can you get a spotless room with cable TV, fridge, hot water and Air-con for as little as 10 USD? Saigon and especially Hanoi will be significantly more expensive than the rest of Vietnam, just like hotels in Central Bkk will be almost twice as much as you pay in the rest of Thailand (well Phuket and Hua Hin are pretty expensive too)

link thanks ??

On 9/25/2019 at 1:04 AM, uzynkotak said:

Following

why not just hit the follow tab top right

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

330ml , same as anywhere in the World. 

8 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Great reply, bk, sunny boy and madmen all seem to diss people that no longer find pattaya a desirable alternative to retire in. 

I stayed at seakite homestay in Danang for $13 US a night, tv, air, western washroom, fridge stocked with 45 cent beers.

full kitchen for the guests, top floor balcony, free laundry area etc. 

Daily cleaning, 5 minutes to a clean beach, and most important, clean air . People smiling and greeting me as I walked around. 

I actually felt welcomed.

Could you padlock your door? Was there a latch on the door to use your own padlock? Great post Ron Jeremy. 

Edited by Langkawee