Vietnam monthly apartment, room or hotel rentals

Langkawee

On 9/29/2019 at 4:03 AM, Langkawee said:

Fantastic, amazing. Makes the Viet bashers look ridiculous. My only problem with Vietnam is finding good monthly accommodation at similar or better prices than Thailand. The people I found to be the salt of the Earth outside of the tourist ghettos. 

I like Vietnam but there is no P4P girly scene. The beach pictured looks so boring and empty, no shops, people or bars! Its devoid of life!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I like Vietnam but there is no P4P girly scene. The beach pictured looks so boring and empty, no shops, people or bars! Its devoid of life!

I don't believe I've been propositioned more anywhere in the world than in Saigon.

Not even Pattaya.

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

do you want shops , bars, on the beach?  I don't.  Plenty of shops and rest.  just over the beach road and some just off the beach in some areas.  |What do bars add to the beach other than trash and loud music and ciggi smoke?

it's true that there is a park on Le Tanh Ton in D1 and the lady boys will block you on the sidewalk with their motorbikes in the evenings...but there is a brothel up around the corner a few blocks north of Ha Bai Trung with cute girls and a lot of shady sharp suited gangsters as well...they did a good business about 13 years ago...

On 10/25/2019 at 1:55 AM, balo said:

So you have to visit immigration every 2-3 month?  or just use an agent, and how much to extend. 

My friends there just use an agent, but you can do it yourself.  Not sure of the cost, but I think the extension is around the same cost of a new 3 month visa.  Not expensive.

It's in the link I posted.

https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-extension.html

• 4 weeks later...

OK, found this Vietnam website for long term rentals and for sale. Rooms from $20USD monthly, yes, monthly, not daily.  So kee nok can also enjoy Vietnam on long stay. Google will translate it into English if you click. Let us know your experience renting or buying and recommendations for apartment blocks etc.

https://nha.chotot.com/ha-noi/quan-hoan-kiem/thue-can-ho-chung-cu?price=0-4000000&sp=1

Hi

I'm in Thanh Hoa City. The beach is 2 city buses and less than an hour away. Am paying 200 k a night at this brand new hotel with some English movies. It's a tremendous value. Apartments? No utilities included and they will want you to prepay say half a year...

You can check out any time, have nothing to sign. And there are many bike rentals from 700 k to a million a month if you dare face the traffic. (Many people are autistic and will cut you off or force you to brake hard).

Soon, you will get to know local eateries like a bread restaurant were 30 k buys 3 baguettes with eggs and herbs.  The gym is 400 k within walking distance and 300 k a month / 20 k a day the other end of the city. 

The hotel is on Booking.com and while there are a ton of NHA NGHIs all over Vietnam, this one is a real hotel and exceptional value I haven't found anywhere else.

Cheers,

https://www.booking.com/hotel/vn/camellia-thanh-hoa.vi.html g

https://nha.chotot.com/tp-ho-chi-minh/quan-tan-binh/thue-phong-tro/64595690.htm

35 square meter apartment for exactly 3 million dong a month. About $130. I think better to get a Vietnamese friend to sign contract and you move in a day or two later. In Thailand dual pricing for apartments is rare but common in Vietnam, always if advertised in only English. Best to look at Vietnamese language websites only. Google will automatically translate to English if you click the English pop up box. You've been warned, send a Vietnamese friend to check apartment first. Move in a few days later after contract signed. This is what my Vietnamese friend said. 

On 11/25/2019 at 11:18 AM, onlycw said:

Hi

I'm in Thanh Hoa City. The beach is 2 city buses and less than an hour away. Am paying 200 k a night at this brand new hotel with some English movies. It's a tremendous value. Apartments? No utilities included and they will want you to prepay say half a year...

You can check out any time, have nothing to sign. And there are many bike rentals from 700 k to a million a month if you dare face the traffic. (Many people are autistic and will cut you off or force you to brake hard).

Soon, you will get to know local eateries like a bread restaurant were 30 k buys 3 baguettes with eggs and herbs.  The gym is 400 k within walking distance and 300 k a month / 20 k a day the other end of the city. 

The hotel is on Booking.com and while there are a ton of NHA NGHIs all over Vietnam, this one is a real hotel and exceptional value I haven't found anywhere else.

Cheers,

https://www.booking.com/hotel/vn/camellia-thanh-hoa.vi.html g

Thanks very much for your post. Great information. 200K a night is great for a short holiday, but that's near $300 a month. Thailand you'll get a nice apartment for 3000 to 3500 baht a month, around $100 to $120, tee-pak.com very small apartments 1500 baht a month. Utilities are insignificant in SE Asia as long as you don't use AIR CON too much. 

6 hours ago, Langkawee said:

Thanks very much for your post. Great information. 200K a night is great for a short holiday, but that's near $300 a month. Thailand you'll get a nice apartment for 3000 to 3500 baht a month, around $100 to $120, tee-pak.com very small apartments 1500 baht a month. Utilities are insignificant in SE Asia as long as you don't use AIR CON too much. 

I do wonder about your definition of ‘nice’, as there is no such thing as a ‘nice apartment’ for 3000 to 3500 baht a month in Thailand - by my definition.....

16 hours ago, damascase said:

I do wonder about your definition of ‘nice’, as there is no such thing as a ‘nice apartment’ for 3000 to 3500 baht a month in Thailand - by my definition.....

You may be surprised if you dig deep in research, but I concede you may be right by your definition, generally not in 3000 to 3500 range by my definition, however there are a few, more at 4000. you can get very basic apartments in Saphan Mai, Bangkok for 1500 baht a month, look at tee-pak.com

• 3 weeks later...
On November 29, 2019 at 12:48 AM, Langkawee said:

You may be surprised if you dig deep in research, but I concede you may be right by your definition, generally not in 3000 to 3500 range by my definition, however there are a few, more at 4000. you can get very basic apartments in Saphan Mai, Bangkok for 1500 baht a month, look at tee-pak.com

There is no way you are getting new a decent place for $3 k. 

Not in my books anyways. Not where I would stay for sure but to each their own.

i pay 10 k baht equivalent a month in Danang, sea view, kitchenette, no contract, air cable tv, king bed, balcony, free laundry , rooftop patio. Wifi, Common huge floor kitchen for patrons . Weekly cleaning, all inclusive. Fridge stocked with 50 cent beers. 

New building.

BTW, I lived in bkk in a $6 k room, p,us electricity and water and Internet, internet in room for working, in a dump soi, by the time the smoke cleared, it was close to 10 k, so these extras add up.

but the $6 k room was just that. Dumpy.

On October 24, 2019 at 7:43 PM, BritManToo said:

I don't believe I've been propositioned more anywhere in the world than in Saigon.

Not even Pattaya.

I found prostitution to be rampant in most areas of Vietnam. Every big city and small. It's everywhere. Excessive.

On 10/25/2019 at 6:43 AM, BritManToo said:

Not even Pattaya.

I believe the poster you quoted referred to a beach, so he is not in Saigon. Da Nang or Na Trang most likely.  Is P4P available there? And how do P4P prices and service compare to Thailand?

Archived