FEATURE-Look, don't touch: Thai bars raided for trafficking child 'entertainers'

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karaoke bars are for people with more money than sense. Bait and switch is a common tactic. Plus overcharging, with bouncers ready to enforce it.

It baffles me why older men want to have sex with teenagers irrespective of legality. I'd rather enjoy sex with an older experienced woman.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:48 AM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Why are they harassing waitresses and preventing from earning some money?

Some NGOs are seriously out of control, and authorities seem to be falling for it because they want to suck up to the USA and their neo-colonialist attitudes forcing 'trafficking' on the rest of the world.

Have you ever been to a Thai karaoke bar? They're just Thai brothels.

On 9/25/2019 at 11:20 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe it's hard for you to believe. But there are actually karaoke bars which are not prostitution places.

There are also lots of massage places which actually offer Thai traditional massage and nothing else.

Hard for me to believe. I've been to several karaoke bars and all had young prostitutes working in them.

Fact: Thai men like them young. The younger the better.

Also been in massage parlours that were to all intents and purposes legit massage parlours and was offered "extras" by the masseuse. One was in a little town in Khon Kaen. Went for a massage with my wife. The middle aged masseuse who was massaging me offered to give me a happy ending even though my wife was behind the next curtain.

11 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Hard for me to believe. I've been to several karaoke bars and all had young prostitutes working in them.

Also been in massage parlours that were to all intents and purposes legit massage parlours and was offered "extras" by the masseuse. One was in a little town in Khon Kaen. Went for a massage with my wife. The middle aged masseuse who was massaging me offered to give me a happy ending even though my wife was behind the next curtain.

Did you ask your wife what they offered her? ???? 

Young woman around the age of 17 are at their most beautiful physically.

It's science.

This French girl was scouted from almost a baby won Most Beautiful Woman in the World at age 11

Nothing wrong with a lady age 17 or so willfully enjoying her beauty and making money from it.

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Karaoke bars are for people with more money than sense. Bait and switch is a common tactic. Plus overcharging, with bouncers ready to enforce it.

It baffles me why older men want to have sex with teenagers irrespective of legality. I'd rather enjoy sex with an older experienced woman.

Men, regardless of their age, will always be attracted to women in their early 20s

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/22/men-regardless-age-will-always-attracted-women-early-20s-8718590/?ito=cbshare

sei_53525307-cccd.jpg.b96d486d20abdd54f994c29cd8672940.jpg

So is adult prostitution, but it seems to be very difficult to locate the prostitutes, even by Pattaya's finest on Walking Street.
Adult prostitution is illegal in some aspects (e.g. soliciting, brothels) but regulated in most areas like massage places, karaoke bars and gogos. Service providers must be aged 18+ however.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Men, regardless of their age, will always be attracted to women in their early 20s

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/22/men-regardless-age-will-always-attracted-women-early-20s-8718590/?ito=cbshare

sei_53525307-cccd.jpg.b96d486d20abdd54f994c29cd8672940.jpg

Perhaps I am outside the norm. But then, I think I always have been.

23 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Young woman around the age of 17 are at their most beautiful physically.

It's science.

This French girl was scouted from almost a baby won Most Beautiful Woman in the World at age 11

Nothing wrong with a lady age 17 or so willfully enjoying her beauty and making money from it.

So, pretty girls should be able to use their good looks to earn money through prostitution , whatever their age ? 

Even 11 year olds ?

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

So, pretty girls should be able to use their good looks to earn money through prostitution , whatever their age ? 

Even 11 year olds ?

At 11, they are under legal guardianship of a parent, so it would be for the parent to decide. 

On 9/24/2019 at 10:00 PM, webfact said:

Due to the strict prostitution laws,

If the laws are so strict why is it possible for females to solicit males on the streets?  Although I do not frequent prostitutes, when I first arrived in Thailand in 1996, I was most emphatically informed that prostitution was illegal.  Has that concept since changed?

If the laws are so strict why is it possible for females to solicit males on the streets?  Although I do not frequent prostitutes, when I first arrived in Thailand in 1996, I was most emphatically informed that prostitution was illegal.  Has that concept since changed?
Soliciting for the purposes of prostitution is illegal but that doesn't stop it happening. Beach Road "girls" are frequently arrested, pay a token fine, then released. It's not the crime of the century! Girls working in gogos, bars and massage places are usually working legally, if their place of work is licensed under the Entertainment Places Act.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

On 9/25/2019 at 5:55 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you sure they have such a license? 

Obviously, that's part of the problem. Do you think they check licenses? And while we're at it, "if" there is any questionable activity, do they -  the officials regularly check that? All one has to look at is the "geishas" during WW2. Asians obviously have a different viewpoint as to the extent of making a living. What's sad to me is that poor (and uneducated young women) are basically forced to resort to limited employment opportunities.

I saw "Diaries of a Geisha" and it was heart-breaking to see parents readily sell their children off...obviously a moral dilemma, but not sure if people would take that stance for economic reasons. In other words, you sell cattle or whatever...selling your flesh and blood is repugnant to me. And unfortunately, history states that this happened more often than not.

I also understand how humans - when presented with economic "issues" make choices.I also understand that those choices can be few and far between. A terrible situation when one is so pressed to choose something out of desperation. And when parents "hint" that their daughter seek "alternative" means, what are they thinking? Are they being obedient and/or satisfying that devotion to the parents?

Complicated....cultural.....moral. BUT, to have a technically illegal sex worker- due to age (knowingly) obviously presents that pressure from parents as opposed to the legality- otherwise deemed as sex-trafficking. And caught in the middle of all these opposing forces? The women who simply are attempting to survive and perhaps are manipulated by the establishment owner.

Nonetheless, I try to look at all the factors and unfortunately- at least IMO, it is the workers who always get are often under the direction(and influence) of sometimes unsavory owners.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:39 AM, DannyCarlton said:

oops:) And I'm sure your wife was ready for any "questionable' whatever:).

On 10/2/2019 at 5:01 AM, wotsdermatter said:

Obviously not. No matter what country, prostitution - for whatever reason is a reality.

On 9/28/2019 at 8:09 AM, sanemax said:

No, that would be illegal , parents cannot receive money in exchange for sex with their children 

Watch "Diaries of a Geisha"...then perhaps it makes sense- although sad in every sense.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:13 PM, BritManToo said:

There's quite a lot of expats that don't seem to see, hear or understand anything that happens around them in Thailand.

I think they see everything around them but what can be done?

Report to the Police.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 4:45 AM, TMNH said:

Asians "somehow" (some) are void of any empathy... seem to be void of emotions.I'm sure some look elsewhere, so those who get it - good for you:)

I've said this to others as well, as is my exps with most sadly...still trying to figure out why.

Archived