Chiang Mai: Traders arrested for pigeon violations at Tha Phae gate

webfact

Chiang Mai: Traders arrested for pigeon violations at Tha Phae gate

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Workpoint News

Tessakit (municipal) officials in Chiang Mai arrested nine male and female traders at the Tha Phae gate in Chiang Mai on Tuesday for illegal trading. 

The four women and five men were making a lot of money from tourists by selling pigeon food and making the birds take flight and taking pictures and selling the snaps to tourists. 

Evidence in the form of corn, thousands of baht in cash and equipment to scare the birds was seized. 

1569326987_27224_900x504-2019-09-24T191129.273.jpg
Picture: Workpoint News

They were charged with illegal trading, public health violations and creating annoyance. 

Signs had previously gone us warning of 20,000 baht fines but this had failed to deter the traders, said Workpoint News. 

As the authorities arrived the traders stuffed money down their underwear and in shoes but it was all found, said the media. 

Source: Workpoint News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-25

Caption on the video: Good profits in taking pictures of the birds - but it's illegal

4 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Hmm buisness opp.... Cant get rid of the dam pigeons at our house but maybe i can charge ????????

Get some solar powered bird repellers from eBay/aliexpress or Lazada , did the job at my house .  

8 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Were they fined 20K? If not, this charade will go on for ever.

I think the 20 K fine will be for any Farangs they catch feeding  the Pigeons,

the Thai,s, they will confiscate the loot and a 500 THB fine,

regards worgeordie

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

And foreigners will face an extra fine for causing pigeons to cr@p on an "ancient" monument ????

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

No, no foreigners have been arrested for feeding the birds , its just the Thai bird food sellers that have been arrested

14 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Country going backwards, businesses going bust and they worry about some feeding scaring and taking photos of pigeons to ear money OMG

The pigeons are problematic due to their sheer numbers and the authorities do need to do something about the problem

12 hours ago, Whitestarschool said:

Poor BIBs, let them do something more constructive: setting up helmet stings to confiscate 500thb from all those innocent foreigners driving without a valid license.

The BIB's are quite capable of doing both .

Its not as if they can do just one thing .

BTW , driving without a helmet and without a valid licence renders the drivers as being guilty, rather than innocent 

5 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Hmm buisness opp.... Cant get rid of the dam pigeons at our house but maybe i can charge ????????

Had tenants in my house and they let pigeons nest and roost, about a dozen of them.

Put some wire in the nesting area, and some old cloths on the roosting area and sprayed it all with a mixture of 50/50 water and bleach for a couple of weeks, they are gone! It's the nesters you need to stop.

Public nuisance: A nuisance that unreasonably interferes with a right that is common to the general public. 

Pigeon <deleted> ain't good.  Underfoot and you drag the <deleted> into your house. Breath the dust no good either.

However, Pigeons have excellent hearing abilities. ... Despite the social perception as dirty and disease-ridden, pigeons are actually very clean animals and there is very little evidence to suggest that they are significant transmitters of disease. Pigeons and humans have lived in close proximity for thousands of years.

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

No, no foreigners have been arrested for feeding the birds , its just the Thai bird food sellers that have been arrested

Yes I know that,just been sarcastic,if Farangs were fined it would be the 20 K .

regards worgeordie

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

A Russian lady who was feeding bread to fish out of a tourboat in Phuket got fined 100.000 baht.

On 9/25/2019 at 1:36 PM, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

One woman got I think 10 days in jail after she was fined 500 Baht about 10 times for selling bird food.

Pigeons are filthy disgusting disease ridden flying bundles of loathesome bacteria that in the panoply of Gods creatures are in the same category as sewer rats and carrion flies.

That being said, I realize some Brit is going to come out of the woodwork and tell us about his Uncle Archie who kept luverly pigeons on the roof of the council house, but really dude, you guys eat yeast scum on toast. 

Archived