Company outing! Chinese firm takes 10,000 employees to Pattaya!

webfact

Company outing! Chinese firm takes 10,000 employees to Pattaya!

10pm.jpg

Thai caption: Chinese (company) chartered flights to Thailand

Executives at a large Chinese firm brought 10,000 employees on a company trip to Pattaya. 

It was the second such trip to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Aurance.

Pattaya's mayor Sontaya Khunpluem welcomed the masses at a cultural show at Nong Nuch gardens. 

The Chinese visitors were treated to a Thai culture show with Muay Thai and Thai food. Everyone was impressed. 

Sontaya said that Pattaya was a safe place to visit and that the money spent by the 10,000 would help the local economy and others in Thailand. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-25

25 minutes ago, webfact said:

Sontaya said that Pattaya was a safe place to visit and that the money spent by the 10,000 would help the local economy and others in Thailand. 

Who are the others? The china owned airline wich transport them? The china owned bus companie wich transport them? or the china owned Hotel\restaurant which feed and house them? How all of this is going to help the ''local'' economy?

I don't believe that 10,000 is possible.  How and when did they arrive?  At 400 per plane, that would be 25 dedicated planes?  Now how to get the all from BKK to Pattaya/Jomtien at around the same time?  At 40/bus that would be 250 buses!  Methinks they are off by a decimal point. 

2 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I don't believe that 10,000 is possible.  How and when did they arrive?  At 400 per plane, that would be 25 dedicated planes?  Now how to get the all from BKK to Pattaya/Jomtien at around the same time?  At 40/bus that would be 250 buses!  Methinks they are off by a decimal point. 

They would more likely fly into U-Tapao. Not far to Nong Nooch!

9 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Many years back my old large employer in Australia tried this, but only about 1,000 employees at same time, to Phuket. First year was total chaos and they adjusted some of the organizing for second year (still 1,000 folks) but still total chaos and lots of severe criticism from the employees. Company then realized 1,00 is just too big to manage and the motivational hopes were killed. They then did a trip every second month of the years with about 90 staff, then it worked.  

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Now if they were Indian coming by train...that would be a different story.

index.jpg.dc2c34ea9417027849d4dad51cd3cff6.jpg

6 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

They use TAT certified calculator

Hmmmm.....another of those Direct sales companies. Selling products using some interesting claims.

https://www.b365enzyme.com/a_about.html

http://www.b365i.com/about_us_01

You can see their coverage of the trip here; https://www.b365enzyme.com/a_20190729215445.html

More examples of such trips and companies;

Even as China’s economy slows, the trend of sending planeloads of staff on all-expenses paid excursions has continued to grow.

May 2015, a direct-sales company called Infinitus China rewarded 12,700 workers with a trip to Thailand, where organisers laid on a series of giant banquets in the seaside town of Pattaya.

“The company chose Thailand because they were impressed with our beaches, temples, cultural performances and fruits,” one of the mega-group’s guides told Hong Kong’s South China Morning Post at the time.

Tiens tourists in Spain

Mass tours for workers have been popular with Chinese companies as a way of raising morale and boosting marketing. Photograph: Kiko Huesca/EPA

The motivation to pay for these industrial-sized tour groups appears to be in part a ruse by extravagant billionaires to please their staff, and in part a marketing technique. The Global Times, a Communist party tabloid, heaped praise on Li’s Côte d’Azur treat, describing such trips as proof of China’s rise.

“By carrying out the collective France trip in a lavish manner, Tiens killed two birds with one stone, both motivating its staff members and publicising the company,” the newspaper’s editor said. “Thanks to the market economy, many Chinese have gotten rich and Chinese firms have accumulated strength.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/06/chinese-company-tiens-group-boss-treats-2500-employees-holiday-spain

You should read a bit more here; http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201901/21/WS5c450508a3106c65c34e57c8.html

All I will say is nothing is as it seems.

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

That seems possible, still a lot of planes and an awful lot of people to be at Nong Nooch on the same day.  Would be lots of bus traffic!

You often see this though. School parties drive over from the other side of Thailand , a stream of 20 huge coaches travelling overnight to bring the kids to Pattaya. Even the police get involved marshaling traffic as if it was a Royal entourage. I agree the numbers here sound like a logistics nightmare. If anyone can organize it,  the Chinese can. 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Yep, 10,000 factory workers living paycheck to paycheck. I love the spin in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Prairieboy said:

The 'ladies of the night' will collect the money and then transfer it to their families back in the village!  A small percentage will be spent locally!

Unfortunely it's not going to happen

you have probably missed the post 22 and the links given by Jamjar if you read it you can see it's a package all inclusive  paid with Yuan money in China, so the chineses are not here to spread any money all other the place. Plus the trip is presented as free for the customers (In reality they overpaid some company's products)

They are taken from place to place (All the places given a comfortable back percentage) with 0 free time to hang around and unfortunely there is 0 chance they spend even 1 baht in a local lady for the night.

18 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

" The money they spent would help the Local Economy and others in Thailand.

Yeah ! Right !

One bottle of water @ 25 baht times 10,000 = 250,000. Not to be sneezed at + foreigner entrance fee at Nong Nuch.  Pattaya will be awash with money.

Archived