Protesters against PM in New York can’t speak Thai or know Thailand’s location on a map

webfact

Protesters against PM in New York can’t speak Thai or know Thailand’s location on a map

prayuthprotest.jpg

A small group of people, believed to be Mexicans and Peruvians, rallied in front of a hotel in New York, where Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and his Thai delegation were staying on Tuesday, to demand free and fair elections and the restoration of democracy in Thailand.

Thai TV pool reporters, who were in front of the Plaza Athenee hotel, said about 30 protesters, wearing T-shirts bearing Thai national flag, were holding posters demanding democracy through free and fair elections in Thailand.

When asked by one of the reporters whether they knew where Thailand is on the world map, they admitted they had no idea. None of the protesters could speak Thai and most of them could not even speak English, said the reporters.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/protesters-against-pm-in-new-york-cant-speak-thai-or-know-thailands-location-on-a-map/

thaipbs.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, webfact said:

When asked by one of the reporters whether they knew where Thailand is on the world map, they admitted they had no idea. None of the protesters could speak Thai and most of them could not even speak English, said the reporters.

Still...……………! ????

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

A small group of people, believed to be Mexicans and Peruvians, rallied in front of a hotel in New York, where Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and his Thai delegation were staying on Tuesday, to demand free and fair elections and the restoration of democracy in Thailand.

Throw them back over the wall (if there is one).

12 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

If you asked where New York was on a map, most Americans would struggle ????

most Thais would struggle to find Thailand if presented with a world map - so what's your point about New York and Americans.

None could speak Thai, and most of them couldn't speak English? 

That sounds odd.  

31 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

None could speak Thai, and most of them couldn't speak English? 

That sounds odd.  

So the reporter was either multi lingual or Mexican or Peruvian but then again if he was he would have known where they had come from and known their reply

53 minutes ago, Creasy said:

Everybody knows where Thailand is.

It’s at the centre of the universe .

But only to the Thai's and to be shortly followed by Thai language as the world's lingua franca - according to napoleon. 

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Even worse, show them a roadmap and ask for directions...

Far worse, tell a thai you stay in Soi 33 and they ask where it is. Tell them between 31 and 35 and all you get is “ I not know” 

tell them you stay opposite Soi 33 and they drive inside and can not find. 

Tell pizza guy name of your hotel , hotel has a 10 meter long sign and he parks right outside calling to tell you he can not find, because looking up to read the name is just too hard ????

Actually, I'd consider it progress if a Thai actually hired someone to protest. Most Thais don't want to show their faces publicly for politics and foreigners too. You know that might mean the end of your access to Thailand. Hiring these people to make a statement is better than doing nothing at all.

36 minutes ago, BestB said:

Far worse, tell a thai you stay in Soi 33 and they ask where it is. Tell them between 31 and 35 and all you get is “ I not know” 

tell them you stay opposite Soi 33 and they drive inside and can not find. 

Tell pizza guy name of your hotel , hotel has a 10 meter long sign and he parks right outside calling to tell you he can not find, because looking up to read the name is just too hard ????

TBH I don't know how you can put up with all that hassle.

Have you thought about leaving?

Not leaving Soi 33. I mean leaving Thailand?

You must be really Jonesing for proper pizza delivery by now no?

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

TBH I don't know how you can put up with all that hassle.

Have you thought about leaving?

Not leaving Soi 33. I mean leaving Thailand?

You must be really Jonesing for proper pizza delivery by now no?

Are you looking for hints or the usual trolling ?????

Archived