schengen visa

4 hours ago, Dominion said:

Any country outside of the UK she will need a visa

Not any country outside of the UK, as has already been pointed out if she has a UK Visa she can visit the Republic of Ireland, she could also visit countries like Turkey and Russia visa free, and there are no doubt many more.

But as I advised earlier, in answer to the original question she will need a Schengen Visa issued by the French in Bangkok for the trip the OP describes. 

1 hour ago, Rolanddrums said:

Hi may be in similar situation myself next year. Couple of related quick questions. Can this be applied for online once we arrive in the UK? If we have to do in bbk beforehand, does anyone have more details?... Thanks

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A Schengen visa generally needs to be applied for in the country of residence.  So unless a Thai citizen is a resident in the UK, they would need to apply from Bangkok.

The exceptions being genuine emergencies and EU/EEA family members. The Thai spouse and direct family of an EU/EEA national can apply from anywhere in the world under the relaxed EU freedom of movement  rules (directive 2004/38). Though not all embassy staff is aware of it, let alone the external service providers (VFS, BLS, TLS).

Archived