Counseling health type of business

steelepulse

43 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Will Thailand recognise your qualifications?

Who will be your clients? 

Yes, health rehab sounds pretty nebulous, but likely to fall under medical services. If he just means massage or other "feel good  services" that may be a reserved occupation. 

He could pm Sheryl. She may know something about setting up a " rehab clinic" or whatever it would be called.

If you are a bit more specific, you might get some usable answers, as some health-issues needs a license, others just a work permit and a company, if your are starting your own business. Work permit and company might be dependent of marriage to a Thai, and if you are an US-citizen.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently setting up a company, but not related. Would be interested in this area long-term, as I've got an education in those fields ????

For the "general advice part" I would consider this: there is not really a culture for blaming or suing providers in Thailand, but there IS certainly a culture for defamation!

Did get to know a guy involved in the stemcell business in Bangkok, thats an example of a type of treatment that has gravitated towards Thailand precisely because of this combination...

If rehabilitation is the motive, why not try to find someone to team up with? If approaching it all with the right motivation, the right thai contacts will materialize over time - and anything takes time in Thailand ????

Is it for money, visas, or some other motivation? The real motivation should be the deciding factor for how it is set up, in my opinion at least.

Archived