Confused: SuperRich Exchange - the REAL one

Flow

An inflammatory post has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

1 hour ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I think they're both the 'real one'. Or at least are part of the same family who parted ways. The main branches are right opposite each other at Ratchadamri and the green one always looks to be much busier.

Interesting.

What I considered the "original" is the red/orange one.

I used in the past the Orange one, the Rates are more or less equal.

Last few times I use also X-one, which for me had the better rate than superrich (green and orange).

At the end, I check which have the best rate, when I need to change money. And at the moment all are bad ???? 

Compared to upstairs exchange rate booths on my visit in July/Aug:     Upstairs 30.12.  Down stairs 30.82.  Not big difference but measurable when I exchanged 1,000 USD.  Got an additional 700 baht by walking down stairs and and taking escalator or two while waiting for the bus to Pattaya.  I had time to kill and only a light carry on.  That's only about $23 USD.  Funny how back in college having 23 bucks in my pocket was a lot of money.  Not sure now it is worth shuffling down to the basement of BKK for it, especially if one had a lot of luggage.   But remember the old saying:  Penny wise, pound foolish.  Watch those pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.  It is so easy to just blow money while on vacation in Thailand or even living there for that matter. 

11 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Got an additional 700 baht by walking down stairs and and taking escalator or two while waiting for the bus to Pattaya. 

That's part of the fun in living in Thailand. It only takes a few steps further down the soy or the ground floor to find a better deal. But oh boy, the noise, the heat, the long escalator and the anxiety of having to make an urgent 7-11 stop all conspire to make one momentarily inert...."Never settle for first look" has become my mantra.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived