BANGKOK
webfact

Realtime camera of Samui airport taken offline after police visit British webcam operator

7 hours ago, bluechipit said:

Hi Rick, glad you enjoy watching the cams.  After this "incident" I made the decision to remove those cameras due to the extra attention the site/page is now getting.  They're great, popular cams, but I don't think they show the best side of Samui.  Also, due to the content, YouTube won't allow any advertising on them so they actually cost me money each month (due to cost of the internet fibre there/hosting costs)  From now on, I'm going to stick to scenic cams.  🙂

That's fair enough. The people who watched that cam for hours might have to find something more productive to do now!

Have you thought about putting a cam at one of the Nathon piers? The airport might be out of the question but it is nice to see things coming and going aside from just cars.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:34 PM, bluechipit said:

No, my camera was just a static image as you can see in the original post.  It didn't pan or track the plane.  However, I was considering setting something like that - and we actually had a microphone install planned this weekend - which obviously didn't go ahead.  🙂

ahhh, so you were taking still shots? not video...   I was of the impression you were using the same (video) methods as used by your (mentor) reference to the Lararote video stream

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

That's fair enough. The people who watched that cam for hours might have to find something more productive to do now!

Have you thought about putting a cam at one of the Nathon piers? The airport might be out of the question but it is nice to see things coming and going aside from just cars.

Hey Rick, thanks for the suggestion.  I'm looking at a site on Lamai beach this week.  Will go have a look at Nathon at some point.  Was also of thinking of approaching one of the piers that people use to go to the full moon parties - that would be interesting.  A long time ago we had one at Starz cabaret which was quite popular, it might be worth asking them if we can re-install one there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tifino said:

ahhh, so you were taking still shots? not video...   I was of the impression you were using the same (video) methods as used by your (mentor) reference to the Lararote video stream

No, it was live video, but the image was static, i.e. not panning and zooming in on the planes flying (like the Lanzarote camera)

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 9:14 AM, johng said:

Never did find out what happened to the Pattaya cams..maybe they where a security risk too..there used to be 2 on

"Walking Sreet"  a couple at Retox bar ,Irish Rovers bar ,Castra Gym, some football pitch (don't know where it was exactly)

and one of Pattaya bay  which is still (sometimes) working...probably more I forget about...but suddenly they all went offline.

Good. These sicko voyeur cams are an intrusion on people's privacy. 

On 9/25/2019 at 10:10 PM, webfact said:

The airport authority had claimed that the camera was a risk to security as the airport is used by many important people. 

Wait, I think I see one now...woops sorry...that is just a speck of dust on my screen.

It's OK, you can listen to air traffic control on the internet and get all the information you need.  What security problem can a CCTV present? I could stand at the airport showing takeoffs and landings on my line account to anyone on the other end.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:15 AM, Mavideol said:

for a country that's supposed to be so relaxing, friendly no real enemies they sure are obsessed

That was 25 years ago.