32bit Stacer download

maxcorrigan

I have been trying many times to download 32bit version of Stacer does anyone have the command line or the where with all to carry this out?

it seems all i keep getting is the 64bit version. even when the header specifically denotes 32bit Stacer as in the case of "source forge" this would be for Linux Mint 18.3 any help much appreciated, TIA!

There is this link <https://www.fossmint.com/stacer-ubuntu-system-optimizer/> that includes instructions for installing Stacer on 32-bit Ubuntu.  It may well also work on Mint so could be worth a try.

You do have to scroll down quite a long way, past all the screenshots, to find the relevant bit.

Apologies if you have already tried this.

You are going to find it increasingly difficult to find 32-bit software now.  Much has been deprecated because the assumption seems to be that most people are now using 64-bit systems.

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

There is this link <https://www.fossmint.com/stacer-ubuntu-system-optimizer/> that includes instructions for installing Stacer on 32-bit Ubuntu.  It may well also work on Mint so could be worth a try.

You do have to scroll down quite a long way, past all the screenshots, to find the relevant bit.

Apologies if you have already tried this.

You are going to find it increasingly difficult to find 32-bit software now.  Much has been deprecated because the assumption seems to be that most people are now using 64-bit systems.

Yes thank you for your quick reply, i found a site that went through the command lines step by step, me being a total mint noob was exactly what i needed!

The Laptop i loaded with mint is an old ASUS laptop running vista as you said 32 bit systems are getting harder and harder to find apps even more so with vista which was partially crippled system from the start IMO compared to XP win 7 etc.

So it's not my main PC, thanks again for your input, much appreciated!

Archived