BANGKOK

Looking for Auto Wrecker on Samui. Need 2nd hand transmission for 2007 Ford Escape.

Often an auto repair shop will have knowledge about second hand parts – my repair had, when I had my old Jeep – they might order parts from Bangkok, with "next day" delivery.

Not sure if there is an "auto wrecker" on Samui.

Try my friend Chai. 

Soi 1 Chaweng, first soi towards Chaweng beach coming from Lamai. 

Screenshot_20190926-111102.thumb.png.2934b339522771863d69181fa2032f5e.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Small without any up to date stock, but claims to have plenty of Bangkok contacts.

Edited by Huckenfell

I'm looking too........How's about on the mainland? Suratthani or nearby?

Need a driver's seat for a Navara

amongst other things.....

you might be lucky in Suratthani, but i will have to go to Bangkok for what i want.

An alternative to Bangkok is Chonburi - especially around the by-pass....there are loads of wreckers there Engines and gearboxes on display. It's a bit far for what I want as I can get the seat reupholstered on Samui.

You will find also the a good repair shop on Samui may well be able to send your G/box off the island to be repaired - e.g to Bkk. This won't cost an arm and a leg. 

Edited by Airbagwill

57 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

An alternative to Bangkok is Chonburi - especially around the by-pass....there are loads of wreckers there Engines and gearboxes on display. It's a bit far for what I want as I can get the seat reupholstered on Samui.

You will find also the a good repair shop on Samui may well be able to send your G/box off the island to be repaired - e.g to Bkk. This won't cost an arm and a leg. 

My 2008 Ford Escape i sitting in a Suratthani workshop. They are trying to talk me into a reconditioned auto transmission costing Bht 55,000 but i am looking or a used one.

If i lived  near Chonburi i could go have a look, but i dont even know anyone within"Cooee" of the place who could look for me.

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

If i lived  near Chonburi i could go have a look, but i dont even know anyone within"Cooee" of the place who could look for me.

Then try this, it's in klong chang car parts village near Bang na area.....https://www.chiangkongonline.com/2009/User/?User=2009000115&MODULE=m_contact

Edited by Airbagwill