Auto wreckers

Often an auto repair shop will have knowledge about second hand parts – my repair had, when I had my old Jeep – they might order parts from Bangkok, with "next day" delivery.

Not sure if there is an "auto wrecker" on Samui.

• 3 weeks later...

An alternative to Bangkok is Chonburi - especially around the by-pass....there are loads of wreckers there Engines and gearboxes on display. It's a bit far for what I want as I can get the seat reupholstered on Samui.

You will find also the a good repair shop on Samui may well be able to send your G/box off the island to be repaired - e.g to Bkk. This won't cost an arm and a leg. 

57 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

An alternative to Bangkok is Chonburi - especially around the by-pass....there are loads of wreckers there Engines and gearboxes on display. It's a bit far for what I want as I can get the seat reupholstered on Samui.

You will find also the a good repair shop on Samui may well be able to send your G/box off the island to be repaired - e.g to Bkk. This won't cost an arm and a leg. 

My 2008 Ford Escape i sitting in a Suratthani workshop. They are trying to talk me into a reconditioned auto transmission costing Bht 55,000 but i am looking or a used one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived