2 bottles of champagne

luk AJ

17 minutes ago, Lipoman said:

My understanding of Thailand's Custom and Duty rules for airplane arrivals (simple example here): 

One Liter of alcohol may enter Duty-Free (Green Line).

Two liters (2 bottles) must be declared (Red Line), whereby the first liter is Duty-Free and the 2nd liter may enter after the owner pays Duty on it. 

Correct  or  Incorrect?  Thx. 

I'm 99% sure that there's no vehicle in place to pay duty on over limit booze or tobacco. There are "dump it" stations at the customs channels for you to drop off anything over the line.

It cannot hurt to ask at the red channel, but be prepared to lose over-limit items.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:41 AM, dirtybirty said:

Bangkok duty free will sell ya whatever you want regardless of the arrival countries limits

Sent from my SM-A510F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My personal experience, admittedly several years ago, was being advised by the King Power sales clerk that I COULD NOT purchase alcohol to take on my flight to the US via Japan.

21 hours ago, Guderian said:

Yeah, but he said it was still in the sealed duty-free plastic bags. You can get on a connecting international flight from Swampy with your duty free as long as it's still in the original package, so why not on a domestic flight?

They hate farangs. Haven't you learned anything here?

I'm 99% sure that there's no vehicle in place to pay duty on over limit booze or tobacco. There are "dump it" stations at the customs channels for you to drop off anything over the line.

It cannot hurt to ask at the red channel, but be prepared to lose over-limit items.

This is also what customs told me, if you go to the red line, you can leave your over the limit volume at the red line and you avoid the hefty fine. But you don’t have the possibility to pay import tax and keep the over the limit alcoholic drinks. They also don’t make a differentiation between strong alcoholic drinks or low. 1 liter is the maximum whatever alcohol%.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived