PM Prayut says Thailand aiming to become a high income country in 17 years

webfact

PM says Thailand aiming to become a high income country in 17 years

PM.jpg

Thailand is aiming to become a country with high average income in the next 17 years, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha told his audience at a hotel in New York yesterday.

In his address to a lunch meeting, hosted by the Asia Society for Executives and foreign media, the Prime Minister said that, during the past five years, his government has set the foundations needed to drive the country forward with the objective of making Thailand a high-income country, in which all Thai people will share equally in the fruits of development and none will be left behind.

He told the audience about what the previous government, also under his leadership, had done to improve the livelihoods of the majority of the Thai people, to reduce social and economic disparity, to amend many regulations and enact laws to facilitate investment by Thai and foreign investors and to resolve the problem of illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing, among others.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-says-thailand-aiming-to-become-a-high-income-country-in-17-years/

thaipbs.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind that "high income" target shall also count for the ret. ext. requirements ….. you see the moves already today in which directions it goes ...

Prepare yourselves …."Paradise lost"  confirmed 

There is no way that this can happen. Dreaming of making Thailand like that of Singapore is just not possible any way he tries to fabricate the notion that it is. As many said already, the high income will remain for the Elite and Generals, but they will also set the bar higher for retirees and expats with Thai family or wives as well.

He has the audacity to make these statements in the USA where Thai people are free having no 90 day check in, no TM28 or TM30, no request to draw a map to their house, and are able to become citizens or residents very very easy. He needs to redo the system and try to be a good person rather than what the it is on the superficial surface..

33 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Farangs are scared. Their source of finding young wife younger than 30-years are going to dry up just like it has dried up in their home country. The main reason farangs come to Thailand is to visit brothels (aka bars) and to oogle young girls with a hope of finding a wife amongst the sex workers. Without economic necessity, no self respected girls will marry a 30+ years older western truck driver or plumber as it never happens in their home country. 

It's already dried up. Last time I heard of a one in her 20's being picked up and married by a westener was years ago. They haydays were a decede ago, then the girls started to travel to SG and like and eventually went to online.

With the way baht going it should not take 17 years but 17 months and baht would be worth more than a dollar.

Saying that, Thailand has been high income country for years, how else so many can afford new cars. Minimum wage and no skills are right at the bottom but well educated earn just as much as in the west but costs of living much cheaper .

hospitals and doctors charge same as in the west. Lawyers, engineers , and so on

Another generation lol. Can you imagine how the world will have changed and how far Thailand will be behind in that competition?

I suggest stay right on course: money laundering, corruption, double standard for appliv6of law, bribery, murder impuned. Population uneducated, low skilled, menial jobs. High levels of prostitution. In short remain a sunny place for shady people. It's all good.

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Farangs are scared. Their source of finding young wife younger than 30-years are going to dry up just like it has dried up in their home country. The main reason farangs come to Thailand is to visit brothels (aka bars) and to oogle young girls with a hope of finding a wife amongst the sex workers. Without economic necessity, no self respected girls will marry a 30+ years older western truck driver or plumber as it never happens in their home country. 

You had me worried there for a minute! Then I got to your last sentence. I can't drive a lorry, and I am no good at plumbing!

Phew!

24 minutes ago, essox essox said:

and have to work long hours.....security where I am work 7 am to 7 pm 7 days a week.....!!!

Quite the norm for security to work 12 hour shifts worldwide

Security wages are also not 9000 but 14000 plus in many case free room and food.

Archived