BANGKOK
OKF

LINE all chats and Friends disappeared overnight

Hi there,

Tuesday I did update my Iphone XS from IOS12.x to IOS 13.1 and all went well no problems after that. Today I open my Line and all chats and Friends disappeared. I used it yesterday evening last time and all functioned well. I did not change any setting on the Iphone before or after the update. I also do not know whether it has to do with the update but that is the only thing I can think of. Interesting enough when I open the Line App on my Mac it is all there. Just on my phone is nothing. Has anyone a similar experience or does anyone have had this before? Any idea what I can do to get the data back?

Yes same same, Apple didn't let me use the app on 2 apple products. iPhone and iPad.phone lost it and the iPad didn't.

but I only use it on the Iphone. The IMac version is regardless of that. That I did try to look at after I saw all disappeared and I did not use the Mac Version for 2 weeks or so.

It's possible to backup chats to Google and then import back, but too late for that now. Checked Mac version and it doesn't have that option.

But contacts you should still be able to get back (alas you might lose your chats in Mac as well) by logging out of Line and login again, which would probably ask to verify the phone number again and then scrub everything on other devices. You'd need to download all your stickers again, but contacts should be there.

Like if you moved Line from one phone to another.

I use Line on Android so this didn't happen to me. Above are just possible workarounds.

On 9/26/2019 at 5:22 PM, tomazbodner said:

It's possible to backup chats to Google and then import back, but too late for that now. Checked Mac version and it doesn't have that option.

But contacts you should still be able to get back (alas you might lose your chats in Mac as well) by logging out of Line and login again, which would probably ask to verify the phone number again and then scrub everything on other devices. You'd need to download all your stickers again, but contacts should be there.

Like if you moved Line from one phone to another.

I use Line on Android so this didn't happen to me. Above are just possible workarounds.

I use on Android and it happened to me and my GF

On 10/5/2019 at 7:35 PM, Huayrat said:

I use on Android and it happened to me and my GF

Did you register email address and password in Line, to be able to login to a computer Line application with it? If yes, I'd be surprised if it disappeared, as even on change of phone you can just enter email and password to get old list of contacts back at least. But not chats or stickers. Chats you'd need to backup and restore, and while it would keep your history of purchased stickers, you'd need to download them again.

If you only registered with phone number (no email registration) and then changed phone or changed phone number, then all would be gone as it would be considered new registration.