Form 7162 Reminder from SSA

racyrick

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Well I went ahead and sent mine in again this time by EMS.

Pib's photo of D. Kosin has me spooked! ????

Sheryl, Not so sure sending via EMS was a good idea as sending via EMS causes extra work for D. Kosin....he really don't like it.

image.png.5a4243148d802cd5650f64e71cb64ebb.png

As I said before, I sent my second notice back by EMS. 880 bt, arrived in 7 days. It's a lot of money to send a letter, but well worth the peace of mind. I'll be sending the June forms by EMS from now on.

I wonder if there would be any reason I couldn't send my form and the wife's in the same envelope?

17 hours ago, tatom said:

As I said before, I sent my second notice back by EMS. 880 bt, arrived in 7 days. It's a lot of money to send a letter, but well worth the peace of mind. I'll be sending the June forms by EMS from now on.

I wonder if there would be any reason I couldn't send my form and the wife's in the same envelope?

Check out this link to a website of another forum where someone suggested pooling their resources together in sending 7162s in one envelope with OK from FBU: https://boquete.ning.com/forum/topics/for-those-who-may-be-filing-proof-of-life-forms-this-year

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2019 at 10:38 AM, Blue bruce said:

An idea. Dont give up on your U.S. address

Indeed. Based on all the bureaucratic nonsense highlighted above, for sure, if you're receiving SS retirement bennies before moving full time to Thailand, don't give the SSA your Thai address. In my case, I was registered with SSA online prior to moving, using my US physical address. Upon moving, I obtained a mail forwarding address, which I then updated on my SSA online account. They labelled this address as "mailing," but then, next to a checkbox, asked in the affirmative, "This is also my physical address." I left the box blank. This was two years ago, and no followup. (As far as they know, I could be one of the thousands of RV cowboys receiving SS retirement, but whose physical address is the next State Park. In my case, my "RV" is parked in Thailand.)

Anyway, no law broken. Mandatory "left country" reporting is only for those on SSI (disability) or those in certain countries, like North Korea. Otherwise, you're fully entitled to worldwide payment -- and are not legally required to report your absence abroad. Why, then, would you ever do so....?

Archived