Low income households will get free electricity and water for another year

webfact

Low income households will get free electricity and water for another year

%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7-Eng

The government has agreed to extended free electricity and water services to poor families for another year, until September 30th next year.

Finance Minister Uttama Savanayana said today (Thursday) that the Pracharat Fund Committee for the Grass-root Economy and Society has decided to extend the free services, which were due to expire at the end of this month.

Under the free utilities scheme, each household will have access to free electricity up to 230 baht per month and free tap water up to 100 baht per month.

Full stort: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/low-income-households-will-get-free-electricity-and-water-for-another-year/

thaipbs.jpg

Please don't over indulge them. Y

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

Under the free utilities scheme, each household will have access to free electricity up to 230 baht per month and free tap water up to 100 baht per month.

Overkill!

You have already been more than generous by giving them submarines, tanks, APC's and now attack helicopters, I'm sure the majority is satisfied! 

TBH. This is by the far the most sensible way of helping those who cannot or will not help themselves.

This is far more sensible than just giving cash or vouchers and setting a usage limit to stop people taking advantage of the scheme is well thought out. (Did I really say that!)

When I first came to Thailand I lived in a 35sq m box, used the air-con and my electricity bill was always under 350฿ and water cost was minimal so I think the utility value amounts are reasonable considering most of the applicable households wouldn't have air-con installed. 

I wish the UK would do similar schemes instead of just handing out cash willy nilly. (Winter heating allowance comes to mind).

Well done Thailand +1 (Can't believe I actually said that as well!) 

57 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

this is an excellent reform that target exactly those in need,

but much as expected, the usual suspects cant

keep them self from bitching on all things thai

yes ……  as usual TVF have to have a whinge and bitch even if it's good news.

They really do have a sad sad life. I don't know why they bother staying in such a terrible place …. lol 

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

The electricity was always free, if you used less than 100 units (?).

When I lived in my gfs house, 10 years back, we got free electric every other month.

That was under Thaksin, nothing to do with the general, it isn't a reform.

Think about the hundred billion Baht that could have been redirected to the citizens and poor instead of buying Military toys. Boggles the mind that millions of lives could have been significantly improved, instead of stupid metal hardware that will simply rust away. PM is an egotistical idiot. Plain and simple.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The electricity was always free, if you used less than 100 units (?).

When I lived in my gfs house, 10 years back, we got free electric every other month.

That was under Thaksin, nothing to do with the general, it isn't a reform.

Ah, im sure you mean, nothing to do with the PM, you said General. 

1 hour ago, jerojero said:

Think about the hundred billion Baht that could have been redirected to the citizens and poor instead of buying Military toys. Boggles the mind that millions of lives could have been significantly improved, instead of stupid metal hardware that will simply rust away. PM is an egotistical idiot. Plain and simple.

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel, the PM has invited Trump to Bangkok so soon we will see some prime real estate with a big i mean very big in fact i mean a very huge very big Trump tower, but, at what cost China will not be amused for sure which means tourist numbers will go down again.

1 hour ago, jerojero said:

you just couldnt help yourself,

you had to bring in an entirely irrelevant rant just so you could get one more fix out of bitching on all things thai

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes I think it was 90..but now its down to less than 50 units per month. (you also have to have the small 5/15 AMP meter )1499304687_50units.jpg.5bcafecf02dfd7007aedca39ae2a5a09.jpg

2019498919_50unitsfreecopy.thumb.jpg.70457bd860c3fbc17bb8799047eca52d.jpg

I upgraded the circuits to 15 amp when I installed the AC units and the one which was in mares name stopped getting the free lecky!  She sTill gives me the evil stare for that one every day......

5 hours ago, Madgee said:

TBH. This is by the far the most sensible way of helping those who cannot or will not help themselves.

This is far more sensible than just giving cash or vouchers and setting a usage limit to stop people taking advantage of the scheme is well thought out. (Did I really say that!)

When I first came to Thailand I lived in a 35sq m box, used the air-con and my electricity bill was always under 350฿ and water cost was minimal so I think the utility value amounts are reasonable considering most of the applicable households wouldn't have air-con installed. 

I wish the UK would do similar schemes instead of just handing out cash willy nilly. (Winter heating allowance comes to mind).

Well done Thailand +1 (Can't believe I actually said that as well!) 

Helping people who can't help their selves maybe because of a medical or age reason is ok helping people that won't help their selves is a waste of money

7 hours ago, brokenbone said:

But who knows who those people are?

The government has no idea so it would be down to the Puu Yai Baan I suppose.

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

She sTill gives me the evil stare for that one every day.....

No good deed goes unpunished !

You could put her back on a 5/15 meter and with aircons/over value power draw it would probably read high and she'd have an even bigger electric bill.????

11 hours ago, brokenbone said:

Why do you  people know so little about the country you live in then spout complete nonsense like you know ???!!!
This system is the dumbest system there could ever be. It is not giving 230 baht free it is about giving people who use less than 230 baht free . I think in my village near udon thani if you use less than 95 units you do not get a bill so the 2 single teachers next to me both earning over 30,000 baht a month and the bus driver and wife with no kids  are free while a family with kids could never use under that amount . The electric man showed me the bills and most of them in my village were free which is why there are very few lights on at night. When i asked a friend who worked for pea why we have so many powercuts (usually a couple of hours every day ) he said it is because they turn the power off to save money as they cannot pay (laos?) for the electric as to many get free electric . IT is not means tested .

9 hours ago, jerojero said:

why do you bother whinging and bitching about Thailand ….  

I as most enjoy Thailand and stop the far kin <deleted> whinge from the Thai bashers.

8 hours ago, Almer said:

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel, the PM has invited Trump to Bangkok so soon we will see some prime real estate with a big i mean very big in fact i mean a very huge very big Trump tower, but, at what cost China will not be amused for sure which means tourist numbers will go down again.

I hope it rains hard when Trump arrives so the electricity will fall out as usual and he'll drive through a dark city.

3 hours ago, bamboozle said:

Why do you  people know so little about the country you live in then spout complete nonsense like you know ???!!!
This system is the dumbest system there could ever be. It is not giving 230 baht free it is about giving people who use less than 230 baht free . I think in my village near udon thani if you use less than 95 units you do not get a bill so the 2 single teachers next to me both earning over 30,000 baht a month and the bus driver and wife with no kids  are free while a family with kids could never use under that amount . The electric man showed me the bills and most of them in my village were free which is why there are very few lights on at night. When i asked a friend who worked for pea why we have so many powercuts (usually a couple of hours every day ) he said it is because they turn the power off to save money as they cannot pay (laos?) for the electric as to many get free electric . IT is not means tested .

thanks for the info man, it wasnt as clear cut as on first glance, you really should bring this to attention somehow

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes ……  as usual TVF have to have a whinge and bitch even if it's good news.

They really do have a sad sad life. I don't know why they bother staying in such a terrible place …. lol 

Yea, bloody junta bashers. They’ve given them free electricity and water. What else do they want? Skills, opportunities and a future? 

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

why do you bother whinging and bitching about Thailand ….  

I as most enjoy Thailand and stop the far kin <deleted> whinge from the Thai bashers.

Thai bashers? You liked a post that said if Thais protesting the PM abroad returned home, they’d be disappeared (they’d be murdered). 

If criticizing the government is Thai bashing, what on god’s green earth is advocating for the murder or Thai citizens?

Archived