Work Permit required to give survey at University?

Rhys

Aloha ... Just wondering and I can't find the number for the Work Permit office in my province.  I would like to do some research on Vocabulary development for university Freshman.  Do I need a work permit to do this?

Known:  Teacher has agreed, wrote the letter to the school asking permission and explain my research survey purposes.

Unknown:  Still a grey area, if you answer or explain the question or survey that is considered teaching???

All comments welcomed.

I don't know, but we have had people do research surveys at our school.   They were students, on an education visa.  It was a part of their curriculum.   Since the research had the approval of the University, I would suspect it was legal.  

If you are a student, I would approach the school admin about the legality of doing it.  

3 hours ago, Scott said:

I don't know, but we have had people do research surveys at our school.   They were students, on an education visa.  It was a part of their curriculum.   Since the research had the approval of the University, I would suspect it was legal.  

If you are a student, I would approach the school admin about the legality of doing it.  

I went down to the work permit office and in my best Thai asked about "Kan Wi Jan," and they said after much checking with other officer it was indeed OK to do research...  The big key was no pay for the activity.  The instructor gave her permission to enter the class and observe and give a questionnaire and to recruit participants.

Not a student.... however, I did teach at that Uni many years ago.

Archived