At last all Thais are wearing helmets - in an exam!

webfact

At last all Thais are wearing helmets - in an exam!

4pm.jpg

Thai caption: Stopping accidents (or) stopping cheating?!

Thai social media was confused after pictures emerged on Facebook of a large group of students at a north eastern university wearing crash helmets in a test.

Was this to stop the students cheating in exams, they wondered. 

Or were Thais really getting the message about helmet use on motorcycles. 

The truth appears to be nearer the latter. 

As netizens went into collective meltdown the Rajamangala University of Technology Isan explained that it was part of a campaign to encourage 100% helmet use for the students. 

They wore the helmets for just 15 minutes so that staff could check their names. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-27

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

Or were Thais really getting the message about helmet use on motorcycles. 

If that really is the case and they are trying to get the message across then just show them graphic, uncensored photos of the aftermath of serious accidents involving helmetless riders, and let them know in no uncertain terms that THIS COULD BE YOU!!!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They wore the helmets for just 15 minutes so that staff could check their names. 

I understand. Can't check a name without a helmet. The check takes 15 minutes. It is still unclear if staff have to wear helmets also to carry out the name checks. I assume they do, but I could be wrong. I have now exhausted my brain.

Everyday again, when you think you have seen it all ???? 

The last one was this one ... underaged boys, no license, pot on the head. No mirrors, no license, no insurance, 3 on a bike.

Everybody laughing.

Getting a helmet for free to pick up next day from the cops 5555

This really all can crack you up, no doubt ???? And now a picture with 25+ guys with helmet on, during an exam 5555

How serious can one all take it?

pot.jpg

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

Everyday again, when you think you have seen it all ???? 

The last one was this one ... underaged boys, no license, pot on the head. No mirrors, no license, no insurance, 3 on a bike.

Everybody laughing.

Getting a helmet for free to pick up next day from the cops 5555

This really all can crack you up, no doubt ???? And now a picture with 25+ guys with helmet on, during an exam 5555

How serious can one all take it?

pot.jpg

That guy here, was the best......

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

My cruel maths master used to throw the board rubber at my head when I persistently failed to understand the rudiments of trigonometry.

I wish I had thought of this.

Rooster

... rudiments of Trajectory ????  

(just thought I'd throw that in...) 

28 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Another example of why things are the way they are!

I've sent this today to a Thai girl who lived with me together abroad for a couple of years.

She knows life outside of Thailand, she can compare, she can relate, with her I can talk common sense.

(much more than with some Farangs on here, still living behind rose tinted glasses).

For fun I tell her: Hey, look ... they now included helmets in motorbike exams.

She was just shaking her head  ... only in Thailand, her only comment. She knows what's going on.

It's not about the Thai people .. they are ok! It's about every time the government get's involved, it's getting a muppet show.

It's all fun for a few years, but come on, at one point in time you have to agree.

Give the people some proper education, from the beginning, when they are young. 

Don't force them to put helmets on during an motorbike exam ????

What about the 17 year plan ... where all are getting wealthy together later?

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

If that really is the case and they are trying to get the message across then just show them graphic, uncensored photos of the aftermath of serious accidents involving helmetless riders, and let them know in no uncertain terms that THIS COULD BE YOU!!!

THey used to do that at the testing centers - a bike rider bent at the spine in the wrong direction in the rear of a truck is the photo I remember most. It makes no difference. It all depends on karma and if you have the right amulets. It's really only the educated here that understands that is BS.

49 minutes ago, DavisH said:

THey used to do that at the testing centers - a bike rider bent at the spine in the wrong direction in the rear of a truck is the photo I remember most. It makes no difference. It all depends on karma and if you have the right amulets. It's really only the educated here that understands that is BS.

Other than that ... there is one more, very big thing behind it. Law enforcement!

It took me a lot of discussion with my teenage boy to put a helmet on and make a driver license. Hours of discussion.

He never cared, he tells me, police never stop me, I have school uniform on!

Fair enough, school uniform, no money, no stop. Why bother for the police to do anything. There is the next Farang no helmet/license, ha roi baht, better. Always follow the money

Then the boy makes his driver license, but being 17, you only get a 110cc ... not good enough, can't pimp it up, look like a loser at school. 

Fair enough, I understand. But I don't give in. 

If this boy crashes into a car, no insurance for 125cc, only up to 110cc registered on the license. Everybody in big trouble. Me foremost. (Farang think too mutt)

There is zero education at school to support my case to talk sense into a boy, there is zero education and enforcement from police, there is zero common sense from government around me. 

I wanted to buy a 110cc for him, he didn't want it. Now he bought a 125cc behind my back, with a bank loan, on friends Thai guys name. 

Police never stop them ... why should he bother?

I made my decision, I'm out of this ... not my problem anymore.

I'm really pi$$ed off about the system here ... it looks fun to look at people wearing helmets in a classroom doing an exam, but is so very shallow. It's a very poor attitude, all of it.

Until the next Farang comes and tells me, hey ... this is Thai culture, you don't understand.

Bull.

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

I've sent this today to a Thai girl who lived with me together abroad for a couple of years.

She knows life outside of Thailand, she can compare, she can relate, with her I can talk common sense.

(much more than with some Farangs on here, still living behind rose tinted glasses).

For fun I tell her: Hey, look ... they now included helmets in motorbike exams.

She was just shaking her head  ... only in Thailand, her only comment. She knows what's going on.

It's not about the Thai people .. they are ok! It's about every time the government get's involved, it's getting a muppet show.

It's all fun for a few years, but come on, at one point in time you have to agree.

Give the people some proper education, from the beginning, when they are young. 

Don't force them to put helmets on during an motorbike exam ????

What about the 17 year plan ... where all are getting wealthy together later?

I don't disagree with you, the Thai people are the ones that get all the heat and not the people who are running the place.

I know a number of Thais who have left Thailand and now live abroad the longer they are away the more they don't want to go back even to retired.

The people you can't blame to blame them they must know the problems and as far as I'm concern when it comes to " this is Thailand " it is just that the leaders the way they have set up the education system they will never know if they did they would revolt. It is like they say in the West " barefoot and pregnant "  keep them pregnant so they have to stay home and take care of the kids never able to venture out to learn if they did they would leave.

The system is the rich get richer and the poor get poorer but of course you got to be provided with a real and well rounded education to be able to figure for yourself.

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

I don't disagree with you, the Thai people are the ones that get all the heat and not the people who are running the place.

I know a number of Thais who have left Thailand and now live abroad the longer they are away the more they don't want to go back even to retired.

The people you can't blame to blame them they must know the problems and as far as I'm concern when it comes to " this is Thailand " it is just that the leaders the way they have set up the education system they will never know if they did they would revolt. It is like they say in the West " barefoot and pregnant "  keep them pregnant so they have to stay home and take care of the kids never able to venture out to learn if they did they would leave.

The system is the rich get richer and the poor get poorer but of course you got to be provided with a real and well rounded education to be able to figure for yourself.

Nice to read your post, you completely understood my point.

A dose of bat s..t crazy is good????

how about local business giving helmets to their schools for poor kids?

how about us TV folks buy half a dozen and give them to their local schools for the poorer kids.

If all of us members, or most of ya did this what a great help this would be. Now that would be a good thing.

Go give a few thousand baht of your money every year to this kindness.

I’m on my way to find out sizes at the local school n source a supplier, what are you doing today?

Archived