Cha-am,hua hin area fishing report sept 19

taninthai

So just done 11 days fishing in these areas 

first stop greenfield valley fishing resort,a beautiful mature lake for predator fishing and a smaller lake for carp.

predetor ticket 

5,000 two rods or 3500 one rod..did one day on this had about 10 fish Redtail cats to around 20 kg stalked out the margins real fun,,alligator gar and Redtail catfish,had a couple of runs from Arapaima but couldn’t get the hook set.

carp lake 500 bht usingbyour own rod fishing bread and lum little white foam ball on hook,a fun lake must have had about 9 fish some alright Siamese carp in here to around 10-15kg.

next stop Elton view fishing lake

this lake only just over 1 year old so quite new ,run by English guy Barry George he has great knowledge been fishing probably over 40 years,I learnt a lot from him .

two options carp ticket 1500 bht

predator ticket 2500 bht.

first day done carp ticket,,bit slow in the morning but stuck with Barry George suggestions and by afternoon was catching non stop,sometimes not even time to get rod back in rod rest,the carp are not giants but have nice selection had about 15 fish including Chinese big head carp.

day two took the predator ticket.....had a 70 kg Arapaima in first hour ,little slow during midday heat cast around to different locations and had a couple of Redtails,,went back on the spot that Barry George recommends for late afternoon and it was pretty much non stop action with fish nibbling at the bait had several Redtails and another 90 kg Arapaima late afternoon ,the Arapaima run me the length of the lake 150 meters than another 75 meters back up to middle a real fight and great fishing.

i would say this is the best place to come to catch Arapaima at a not to bad price.

next stop cha-am fishing resort.

done 3 days here nice restaurant and friendly staff and cheap cheap...200 bht????????????

was actually struggling here first couple of hours ,then Barry George come into see me and showed me a few things ,obviously started to catch fish then.

went back on Sunday was doing ok then the place got filled with Thais,I like to see the Thais having fun but the fish care is shocking when it’s full with Thais.

went back on Monday had lake to myself fished 1pm to 6:30pm????,had 16 average size Sawai,then fish 17 and 18 were monster giant Mekong’s they give you a proper fight again was fun fishing ended up with 19 fish????.

in between I stopped at Khao yai fishing park ...100 bht per day ,,,,,unfortunately this place is so run down ,rubbish everywhere,dirty uncomfortable it’s not a place for me I like to fish n nice surroundings although people tell me apart from the state of the place there is some good fish to be had from here.

on my way back to krabi stopped in chumphon and visited chumphon fishing park,this is a small family run place ,the family are so nice ,the lake is beautiful ,the fish not super big as they breed there own but in 4 hours of ????  had 40 kg Arapaima,decent size Redtail cat,alligator gar and tiger catfish,,,definately worth a stop and fish for a few hours.

all in all had a great time in the area and there was still a couple of lakes I didn’t check out,will be heading back up that way for sure.

estimate I caught over 100 fish in total.

GREENFIELD VALLEY46B2C47B-AF85-4E00-B440-D550DBD1D5C3.thumb.jpeg.4cb550c48b6a714988ad2a1f047eaf71.jpeg6D92ABA3-4DE7-4222-B6DC-8CDAF88234AA.jpeg.ca730aed6bae3c88bfd95b9425cf7951.jpegELTON VIEW FISHING PARK2B35DACE-6750-4375-B059-3090E2517BA0.jpeg.1a9bb5d2f99214d4eef6b75f6b001e04.jpegCHA-am fishing park and resort.

7F8EA7E5-6047-444A-A1FB-52BB596BE6C7.thumb.jpeg.6017adecea41bbaf2a3b53aaa8a64644.jpegCHUMPHON FISHING PARK

D31E3728-F99D-415E-9E1A-D87DF901387E.thumb.jpeg.ec652c2b866b79aaa55e600188ce51fe.jpeg

If that is your biggest fish from Cha am you missed out on a great opportunity, huge fish can be had close in, as for fish care it is non existant, most Thai's go fishing for 3 reasons Fun...how fast they can get a fish in and out onto the concrete, drink Whiskey! love it there but it can get stressful when full of Thai's(nothing against Thai people) weekday is the best time, weekends can get hectic!

Made mistake with owner name of Elton view fishing park it’s actually Barry Gregory he has great knowledge of most of the fishing places in the area[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

If that is your biggest fish from Cha am you missed out on a great opportunity, huge fish can be had close in, as for fish care it is non existant, most Thai's go fishing for 3 reasons Fun...how fast they can get a fish in and out onto the concrete, drink Whiskey! love it there but it can get stressful when full of Thai's(nothing against Thai people) weekday is the best time, weekends can get hectic!

Lol,,,,these were caught close in ,I’m talking short under arm cast about  1 rod length out ,pic below about same size ,them to fish come within 10 minuits of each other actually started getting dark after that and had to wrap it up for the day,,,,,yeah it is nice there good service with food and drink too ,,gonna try and get up there again maybe early november????????????????

These are good fish to catch put up a pretty good fight,they could probably do with removing a few of the smaller sawai,actually had a small Thai Redtail out of there too.

6BC5E6D3-4EFB-47BE-9819-BEC9FD99A4D0.jpeg

They took out approx 8 tons of sawai a couple of yrs ago, we will be there fishing 2nd 3rd and 4th nov but only one day on the 200bht lake, 2 days on the Predator lake for Carp(1500 per day) by far the best method there is free line close in, watch the line for a slight forward movement but it's a tiring method, last time there I had 20 huge Sawai and Mekong plus Carp with this method, glad you had a good time up that way.

Lol,,,,these were caught close in ,I’m talking short under arm cast about  1 rod length out ,pic below about same size ,them to fish come within 10 minuits of each other actually started getting dark after that and had to wrap it up for the day,,,,,yeah it is nice there good service with food and drink too ,,gonna try and get up there again maybe early november[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
These are good fish to catch put up a pretty good fight,they could probably do with removing a few of the smaller sawai,actually had a small Thai Redtail out of there too.
6BC5E6D3-4EFB-47BE-9819-BEC9FD99A4D0.thumb.jpeg.c8c665e999718be15547f857999405ec.jpeg

Archived