Honda X ADV owner feedback

Tofer

I'm quite interested in the Honda X ADV, as a result of my recent 4 day trip / test drive of the new Honda Forza 300, having found that to be a bit underpowered for coping with the mountain inclines. Does anyone have one of these, and how have they found it? Also did you change from another scooter or a traditional MC?

Before all you purist MC riders stick the boot in, I prefer the automatic / scooter concept to save my ageing ankles from all that stress of gear changing and perching above the foot brake all day long. After all where is the pleasure in it??

The X ADV has a manual option and automatic override, so you have the choice with it.

Having read the previous post in 2017, I would also like to point out that appearance is very much subjective and I, for one, find it far more interesting and attractive than all of the maxi scooters available on the market today.

Yes it's a bit pricey, as are the hire charges to get an opportunity to really test drive one, but what other choice is there in this type of bike.

The major three downsides I see:

1. Overpriced

2. Overweight

3. Steering feels wrong to me, not properly balanced. Slow speed it falls into the corner and you have to fight it. Faster speeds and it doesn't want to lean and you have to fight it... A forze is a bit similar in this regard.

Power is fine (especially low down torque), comfort regarding seat very good but I don't like the forward feet position. Also found the suspension could be better.

Personally the bike didn't convince me. But then again there's not many alternatives. Probably the T-Max or what it's called from Yamaha. IIRC that one was even more expensive at 530k Oo

11 hours ago, eisfeld said:

The major three downsides I see:

1. Overpriced

2. Overweight

3. Steering feels wrong to me, not properly balanced. Slow speed it falls into the corner and you have to fight it. Faster speeds and it doesn't want to lean and you have to fight it... A forze is a bit similar in this regard.

Power is fine (especially low down torque), comfort regarding seat very good but I don't like the forward feet position. Also found the suspension could be better.

Personally the bike didn't convince me. But then again there's not many alternatives. Probably the T-Max or what it's called from Yamaha. IIRC that one was even more expensive at 530k Oo

I didn't find the Forza too bad, a vast improvement on my PCX, but then I'm not a hugely experienced MC rider, mostly scooters around urban spots and a period of a year in 1989 on a Yamaha 175 trails bike for fun around Phuket before they got proper roads. Those were the days....

I've only got the YouTube reviews to go on, as you may know a test ride here is a 2 minute spin around the car park in Big Bike. I will, of course, be hiring one for a similar trip I did on the Forza, 4-5 days on country / mountain roads, before I ever consider forking out that sum for an X ADV.

The armchair position is fine for me, and I really like the absence of any foot controls.

I can well imagine if you are used to traditional mc's it will feel odd.

Thanks for your input.

I was surprised it didn't feel as heavy as it looks, and no heavier, impression wise, than the Forza. I understands that's because of the low centre of gravity, having watched all the YouTube reviews.

great bike but seems to have many problems with a sensor ( many stories in France, recall but take longtime to import from japan and you can t start the bike)

also i find this in english https://advrider.com/f/threads/2017-honda-x-adv.1174189/page-72

i like the bike, price is a bit expensive because the exchange rate is not great.... but similar to Europe 12.000 euros

i think the better choice is a CB500X in thailand, today i ride a 250 RALLY and i will go to the BKK motorshow for to see new models ?  

in Europe i love the new T7 yamaha 

1 hour ago, pbas400 said:

great bike but seems to have many problems with a sensor ( many stories in France, recall but take longtime to import from japan and you can t start the bike)

also i find this in english https://advrider.com/f/threads/2017-honda-x-adv.1174189/page-72

i like the bike, price is a bit expensive because the exchange rate is not great.... but similar to Europe 12.000 euros

i think the better choice is a CB500X in thailand, today i ride a 250 RALLY and i will go to the BKK motorshow for to see new models ?  

in Europe i love the new T7 yamaha 

When I see the next motorcycle show in Bangkok?

Archived