Top 10 Things To Do In Bangkok

mongo

Guest fj2003

Go to saphan taksin at the end of the sky train and take the river taxi to nothanburi. 16 baht. cross the river 2 baht. take a bus to ban yai. 4 baht. join the canal back to the golden palace. cost depends on face! tour grand palace and wat po. walk that big street to the left of the GP along where all the lottery tickets are. Finf canal Suan Ruab?? 8 baht back to pratunam. Go up the top of bayoke 410 baht for buffet. Not as nice as it first was and take a coat or three!

Weekend market. Take skytrain to Morchit.

Avoid Patpong!!!!

Walk along sukhumvit after dark between nana and asoke:-)

Stay in a place called River View Guesthouse. Impossible to find but aim for the sheraton on the river and ask / folow signs. Basic but views are better than the sheraton.

walk from there to wat tramit 6 tonnes of gold! and chinatown.

Lumpini park.

siam are for high end tech shopping.

pay 600 bahts to see a movie in a massage chair!!

Pratunam area for clothes copies!

any more and i need wages:-))

DRINK a LOT of water if new in town

CT

in my idea thats the best advice to see the city

but stay at thawaez guesthouse in thewet end of sri ayutthaya dusit area includet dusit palce and zoo and also just 15 minute away from khao sarn but never stay in khao sarn area its sissy

if you go to issan - phanom rung ruines near buriram up to friendshipbridge to laos nongkhai = stay at mutmee gh near mekong river

at kanchanaburi near the river kwai bridge is jolly frog gh

catch a bike and go around the province

Planning on staying a week in Bangkok, what are the top things you consider unmissable to do or to see, in Bangkok. :o

sure, here there are:

1. G Spot

2. Rainbow II

3. Playschool

4. King Castle

5. Star Of Love

Thanks me later :D

Wat Poe massage for sure. That is where they train these people and when you come out you will feel like someone beat you with a baseball bat!!! :o

And if you are a packer you might want to stay at Khao San area :D ...All the packers stay there. You can meet and talk to them and find places to go that you would probably like since you will have something in common with them. :D

Oh ya!!! And for sure catch "Radio City" in Patpong. Great show (and not a girly show). A rock and roll show with Elvis :D , Blues Brothers :D , Etc. :D Not sure why this bar is in the 'girly' area but really worth catching. Show starts around 10:00 pm and is live on Thai radio 3 nights a week with some old famous DJ (who only speaks Thai) :o

When are you both heading out? I am verging 21 and would be happy to give you guys a few pointers if I happen to be there at the same time

wil.

Oxfordwill - I'm 20 and heading out to Bangkok in just over a week and I would appreciate any pointers (or from anyone) that I can do in just a couple of days in Bangkok - Thanks,

Ancient city is cool - hire a bike though, its huge!

Bridge over the River Kwai (mentioned earlier, and yes it is there), you can walk over it. There is a little temple near by that has some caves, but all in all not much there really. If you're in BKK for just a few days, give it a miss.

Are you in LOS for a few days, or BKK for a few days? There are a few good things to see just outside of BKK. Ayuttaya, the old capital (sacked by the Burmese) is about a couple of hours north of BKK and overloaded with temples, ruins and Buddhas - King Monkut's house (of King and I fame) and museum. Head down towards Pattaya for mini-Siam and Safari World.

In BKK, do the Grand Palace (Emerald Buddha) and the river tour (avoid the toilets on the pier though if you like keeping your stomach contents!).

Do the markets mentioned above (Panthip etc) if you get time.

PS: Chiang Mai Zoo is 10 times better than Dursit (BKK) IMHO.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...