Anyone Know where I can get a Turkey for Christmas, preferably a dead one.

Pilotman

On 9/29/2019 at 6:55 AM, youreavinalaff said:

There is a a guy, Tananan's turkeys. He has a fairly large set up in Mahasarakham. He delivers to the Pattaya area. His turkeys are good. They are brought up on natural feed. No hormones or high protein <deleted> to get them to grow quicker.

Not sure if he has a website but you can find him on Facebook.

12 hours ago, faraday said:

Is it available in Braille?

No, it is not. But I have hand fed it to you above.

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

If you go to your local Makro, try to find somebody from the management. They only have to order it for you. 

I would very much doubt Makro would be able to order 1 solitary turkey.

If you knew others in need of one and could get a group of about 10 people you would have a better chance.

23 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

If you knew others in need of one and could get a group of about 10 people you would have a better chance.

Yes, the Turkey would be quite lonely. They need friends.

19 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

what are 10 or more turkeys in one place called; 'A Parliament' is my guess? 

2 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

No idea why you keep saying this, but it isn't true.

Dude if you think any turkey here is good, you have never been to the USA, the home of turkeys ????

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

what are 10 or more turkeys in one place called; 'A Parliament' is my guess? 

Makro usually have 2 brands every year, Butteball is one and cant remember the other. I do recall they are VERY expensive. Last year around £70, but with the awful exchange rate I am guessing £85+ 

42 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Oh dear. We even have a "USA is best" on a topic about turkeys.

As in most things in the USA, they are the best. Except maybe soccer, because its a wonderful sport but not very manly. 

On 9/28/2019 at 2:54 PM, Pilotman said:

I  am aware that imports from the US have been stopped.  

I don't believe that's entirely correct.

What's been stopped, more or less, are the import of UNCOOKED turkeys from the U.S.

Last year, Central Food Halls in BKK had quite a supply all thru the Thanksgiving and Christmas season of frozen, PRE COOKED Butterball turkeys from the U.S.  And based on past conversations with them, I'd expect the same again this holiday season.

619789103_CentralChidlom201811ButterballFrozenPrecookedTurkeys-420bkilo.jpg.cd19728b6af11f681ddac742ec264957.jpg

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Makro usually have 2 brands every year, Butteball is one and cant remember the other. I do recall they are VERY expensive. Last year around £70, but with the awful exchange rate I am guessing £85+ 

And Butterballs in the USA are the injected frozen ones they give away at the Supermarkets if you buy $100 worth of groceries. They have been iced bowling balls for a year half the time. I can imagine how old they are when they reach these shores.

The best tasting turkeys are the ones you blast yourself. But by the time you figure in equipment and time, you have a $1000 turkey. So ya order them fresh from the local turkey farm. Preferably a Northern farm cuz heat stresses those fat bastids. Then you dont have to pluck the feathers.

I dont ask for good durian or langsat in the USA, and dont expect smithfield Ham and turkey here.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Last year, Central Food Halls in BKK had quite a supply all thru the Thanksgiving and Christmas season of frozen, PRE COOKED Butterball turkeys from the U.S. 

Precooked? Why dont you just quit shaving,  tear off youur clothes and make grunting noises as you dig in, only an animal lacking in the sense of taste would eat one of those.

I shudder. Id rather have a colonic 2 miles from a hongnam. 

22 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Precooked? Why dont you just quit shaving,  tear off youur clothes and make grunting noises as you dig in, only an animal lacking in the sense of taste would eat one of those.

I shudder. Id rather have a colonic 2 miles from a hongnam. 

They're perfectly fine, once you've thawed and heated the bird in an oven here... And a mile's distance better than the scrawny birds that pass as fresh Thai turkeys here.

Archived