Jump to content

TVChaosuk down


bluesofa

Recommended Posts

It seems as if in truth TVCUK was not the target, it was more a case they were collateral damage.. The server was hosting some very undesirable outfits,  seriously illegal sites were involved, a number of arrests were made as a result of the action.

 

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2019/10/01/german-police-raid-criminal-bitcoin-ring-hiding-in-ex-nato-military-bunker

 

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/27/20886971/german-nato-bunker-bulletproof-hosting-raid

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, delphioracle said:

The server was hosting some very undesirable outfits,  seriously illegal sites were involved, a number of arrests were made as a result of the action.

 

Nope.  Those articles refer to Germany.  TVCUK was hosted in the Netherlands.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Note that citizens of The Netherlands were involved and arrested. Also note raids were coordinated in other countries on other servers.

 

The arrests took place at a restaurant in Traben-Trarbach and in Schwalbach, outside Frankfurt. Raids also happened in the Netherlands, Poland and Luxembourg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
Latest from the Facebook page
TV Chaos UK
18 hrs · 

Update #3
Work is going well with the rebuild. I had hoped that we might have had good news for you by the end of the weekend, but if a job is worth doing then it is worth doing well (and this is a huge job). We are installing a completely different script (the bare bones of the site) and so there is a lot to do in order to optimise and improve it for your pleasure. Please bear with us...I will be back in a couple of days with a more concrete update. Please don't keep trying to log in...your accounts have not yet been added!
Have a great weekend folks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since IIPTV has been down, or at least very hit and miss, I've been using Cyberghost VPN to access BBC Iplayer and ITV's Hub, now the Iplayer and Hub have identified that I'm accessing from out of the UK, I don't seem to be able to get round it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Since IIPTV has been down, or at least very hit and miss, I've been using Cyberghost VPN to access BBC Iplayer and ITV's Hub, now the Iplayer and Hub have identified that I'm accessing from out of the UK, I don't seem to be able to get round it.

On that subject, I have been faffing around with various types of VPN and am thinking of going for the Nord VPN as it is on special offer for a three-year subscription........but, three years payment upfront??

 

I have installed SmartDNS which seems to work reasonably well apart from the fact that it can be a little cumbersome because every so often I have to keep re-signing in and re-setting my account for some reason, but at least I can access the BBC iPlayer (mostly).

 

One thing I have noticed, and this may be of help to you, is that if I get into the iPlayer website and I find that access is denied for some reason or another, then I have to close that down, close the browser and then try again, and sometimes it works – – might be worth a try for you? 

 

PS. Has anyone got any feedback on NordVPN?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, xylophone said:

One thing I have noticed, and this may be of help to you, is that if I get into the iPlayer website and I find that access is denied for some reason or another, then I have to close that down, close the browser and then try again, and sometimes it works – – might be worth a try for you? 

Yes I've tried that, in fact that's what Cyberghost suggests, I'm even using ingognito, again which they suggest, but whilst I was eventually able to connect on Friday, nothing yesterday or today.

 

I've looked at other VPN's but they all seem to want paying upfront, even some offering free trials.

 

Nord seems to get good reviews, but they nearly all do, and I don't know how many reviews are genuine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theoldgit said:

Yes I've tried that, in fact that's what Cyberghost suggests, I'm even using ingognito, again which they suggest, but whilst I was eventually able to connect on Friday, nothing yesterday or today.

 

I've looked at other VPN's but they all seem to want paying upfront, even some offering free trials.

 

Nord seems to get good reviews, but they nearly all do, and I don't know how many reviews are genuine.

I use Thunder vpn, I have just checked the internet and it says it is free, but I'm sure I paid a nominal sum for it. However it is not a professional vpn, but it has no problem accessing IPlayer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JJane007 said:

Any new news about TVChaosUK?

Attention! We are activly working on migrating to a new codebase. Please refarin from trying to login/signup until this meesage is gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Attention! We are activly working on migrating to a new codebase. Please refarin from trying to login/signup until this meesage is gone.

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

 

Seems to be taking a long time :sad:

 

Hope they get back up soon.

 

Getting fed up with scouring the all the various sites for programs that were readily available on TVChaos. 

 :smile:

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...