TVChaosuk down

bluesofa

27 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

but now its like no one is leaching off me ,any ideas? 

Just look at the numbers.  There are large numbers of seeders and virtually no leechers.  Not surprising that nobody is leeching off you.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/12/2019 at 5:10 PM, Oxx said:
On 10/12/2019 at 2:22 PM, ivor bigun said:

anyone know which are free leach?

They're now "featured torrents" and are in the big rotating banner at the top of the home page.

No, they're actually still on the torrents page, not the home page. It's the symbol below the home page on the left hand side and distinguished by being coloured in a pale yellow.

I thought I'd wait a while before logging in to the new site, as I'm sure there's 'chaos' at their end right now.

Logged in and followed the instructions regarding the password reset - all OK.

I tried downloading a freeleach, but it shows up as no peers and no seeds, hence won't d/l.

To test it again, thought I'd try Coronation Street as that must be pretty popular. Just the same - no peers and no seeds.

I looked at the FAQ, but that doesn't seem to have been written yet.

I do remember I had to do something on my torrent client when I joined originally, to get the sharing to work. Can't remember what it was, or if I need to do something again, as it's a new site?

I use qBittorrent V3.3.1 on Linux.

edit: My Chaos torrents from the old site show as 'seeding', if that's relevant?

Had this in my inbox some of the torrents uploaded were incorrect and wont download ...

We are aware that many of you would like to help us by uploading and reseeding our back catalogue, and in particular our old series packs.
We are going to re-enable uploading rights to most groups, but we are anxious to avoid the situation that we found ourselves in a couple of days ago, where many packs were uploaded incorrectly and had to be corrected by staff.  With so much still to do on the rebuild we simply do not have the time to moderate hundreds (if not thousands) of torrents,  so it is absolutely essential that the following points are adhered to. If you can get it right the first time, it would help us enormously!

Before you continue to upload packs could you please note the following:

1. Only packs that were originally on the old TVChaos site are suitable. We do not want any packs sourced from other torrenting sites at this time.

2. Before uploading please search carefully to ensure that the show is not already on the tracker.  If it is here already then please jump on
to help seed.

3  Please read the rules, particularly the section regarding uploading:
https://tvchaosuk.com/page/rules.1

4. Please read our new uploading guide:
https://tvchaosuk.com/page/upload-guide.5

Thank you all so much for your support!

TVChaosUK Staff

It sounds like they lost their whole archive database of programs :shock1: and are asking members to upload any old programs they have to try and build up their database again. 

Guess they forgot to back up :sad:

Not sure how this is going to work for them. The site is not the nice friendly place it used to be and their main charm was the huge amount of classic old UK television, going right back to black and white days, programs they had,

Sad :crying:

2 hours ago, Daffy D said:

It sounds like they lost their whole archive database of programs :shock1: and are asking members to upload any old programs they have to try and build up their database again. 

Guess they forgot to back up :sad:

Not sure how this is going to work for them. The site is not the nice friendly place it used to be and their main charm was the huge amount of classic old UK television, going right back to black and white days, programs they had,

Sad :crying:

Hopefully they will get them back but a bit strange they did not do back ups of them.

4 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Looks like they may be down again ,tried to get on but just keep getting error ,host down

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Appears to be OK for me. I just started downloading a torrent to test it and that's downloaded quickly, although a couple of other torrents I'm seeding are now coloured dark red, which usually means a break in the connection. The other torrents appear to be ok.

TV Chaos UK

6 hrs · 

Update: Things are being worked on now guys. It was just a massive server overload, not really surprising with all that has been going on over there (in fact I am surprised it didn't happen before)....onwards and upwards!

Temporary time out guys, no need to panic. Just need to wait till the man with the reboot button wakes up (wrong time zone)...It may be a few hours though as he had only just gone to bed (sod's law).
Please don't send me messages about it....I already know!

While the site is down I obviously can't change any more passwords and the messages are piling up. Please be patient. I will get to everybody, but if you send follow up messages you get put at the top of the inbox and as I answer from the bottom up (oldest last), all you will do is delay my seeing your message and being able to help. Please only send a second one if you have not had a reply in more than 12 hours (once the site is back)

I must admit i loved the old site,even though i seeded far more than i uploaded,it was simple and easy to use,now its just more work ,i dont understand ,how much i can download any more,that is if there is anything ,and when i do download freeleach to seed,to build up points ,i dont understand how many i have got ,mind you before when i seeded i could see people downloading my seeds,now nothing.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

TV Chaos UK

· 

It is just going to be one of those days folks...As you will have noticed the site is not stable and we can expect some more downtime.

Again can I ask everyone to stop every red torrent that came from the old site. This is absolutely vital as they are still sending literally millions of announces and are causing the server to massively overload.

The server and the new script really are not up to the job so we are working on ways to upgrade both, whilst still trying to maintain an interim service on the current site so that you do not miss out on your current shows.
Those who have been with us for years will know that this is nothing new...we have rebuilt several times and although it is always rough, we persevere and come back bigger and better each time so please continue to bear with us.

I am unable to answer any more password reset messages at this time...I can't change them, because I can't get in long enough!

Please don't send messages telling me that the site is down...It really isn't helpful and I won't be reading them until it is back up anyway!

Archived