help with Cover letter standard visit visa uk

Also I have attached the sponsorship letter from my dad this is kind of a invitation letter also Is that ok or should I separate the 2 and just include info about sponsorship and another letter of invitation or is this acceptable ? Should I include any other info or documents ? Thanks  in advanceC49E1797-E5C8-4DF1-B13F-AC28E29CD01F.thumb.jpeg.14645bf7afb64b538c8970c2065071bf.jpeg

I've reworked your girlfriends covering letter, I think the first draft has too much waffle, as advised previously the ECO only has a short time to consider the facts, the details about how you met add nothing to the application, and whilst it may be of interest to you, it won't help the ECO make a decision.

My draft is only a suggestion, you guys must decide the final draft.

Good luck

GF cover letter Tom1982.doc

19 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I've reworked your girlfriends covering letter, I think the first draft has too much waffle, as advised previously the ECO only has a short time to consider the facts, the details about how you met add nothing to the application, and whilst it may be of interest to you, it won't help the ECO make a decision.

My draft is only a suggestion, you guys must decide the final draft.

Good luck

GF cover letter Tom1982.doc 37 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you I really do appreciate you going out your way to do that , there is some good people left in this world ???????? I will upload the sponsor letter aswell shortly . Thanks again 

I have redrafted the letter from your father, he really just needs to confirm he will help out financially and provide accomodation, the ECO doesn't need to be told everything your girlfriend has said again.

As I said yesterday, you guys must decide what to submit, but there's a danger you'll overwhelm the ECO with your first draft.

Good luck.

Tom, sponsors covering letter.doc

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I have redrafted the letter from your father, he really just needs to confirm he will help out financially and provide accomodation, the ECO doesn't need to be told everything your girlfriend has said again.

As I said yesterday, you guys must decide what to submit, but there's a danger you'll overwhelm the ECO with your first draft.

Good luck.

Tom, sponsors covering letter.doc 25.5 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks again I will definitely be taking your advise . I will also

write a short statement regarding our relationship would you mind if I also uploaded that over the next few days ? And is there anything else you recommend ? We will also be getting a short statement from her dad stating that she works at the family shop and they have agreed to 14 day holiday . Thanks 

5 hours ago, Tom1982 said:

write a short statement regarding our relationship would you mind if I also uploaded that over the next few days ? And is there anything else you recommend ? We will also be getting a short statement from her dad stating that she works at the family shop and they have agreed to 14 day holiday . Thanks 

Hi i hope you dont mind me uploading my supporting letter is this to much info ? should i include my bank statements ?  or is my passport and call logs sufficient as i am not the sponsor ? Thanks 

SPONSOR Ali plain.doc

That's a lot better, made a a couple of very minor suggestions, hope that doesn't sound patronising.

Yes, to get your fiances parents to right a short note, they don't need to go into too much detail about the trip itself, just say that cover for the short trip has been arranged, and that she is expected back on the date mentioned, also clarify who owns the business.

That letter can be in Thai or English, if it's in Thai you'll need to provide a translation, if it's in English and the UKVI call to discuss the contents of the note, which they sometimes do, the writer of the letter will be expected to communicate in English. Either was ensure the writer is aware of the contents of the letter.

Tom covering letter.doc

10 hours ago, theoldgit said:

That's a lot better, made a a couple of very minor suggestions, hope that doesn't sound patronising.

Yes, to get your fiances parents to right a short note, they don't need to go into too much detail about the trip itself, just say that cover for the short trip has been arranged, and that she is expected back on the date mentioned, also clarify who owns the business.

That letter can be in Thai or English, if it's in Thai you'll need to provide a translation, if it's in English and the UKVI call to discuss the contents of the note, which they sometimes do, the writer of the letter will be expected to communicate in English. Either was ensure the writer is aware of the contents of the letter.

Tom covering letter.doc 26 kB · 2 downloads

Hi , no not patronising at all you have been such a help as I am lost with this application and you know what you are talking about , I really appreciate your help. 

You metioned about my business i don’t work with my dad it’s my own company , they should be able to work that out with the different company names

Another thing I forgot was my girlfriend gets paid cash but she has been putting a little bit (500-1000baht) every couple of weeks for the last 6 moths but she has also been using some of them at money so she only has about 7000 baht in her account shouldshe mention on her cover note that she is paid cash and by the time she pays her bills she doesn’t really have much left. Or should this Be mentioned on the visa application or maybe on the letter from her parents ? 

Please don’t take this the wrong way  but do you take donations as I would like to give you something for your help you really have gone out your way for me . 

Many Thai people are paid in cash, maybe she should add a short sentence saying what you’ve just described on either her covering note or the section on the application that asks if there’s anything she wishes to add, she’s the applicant so she should mention it, that should stop the ECO being concerned.

The important think to satisfy them is her employment, and affordability, you seem to have that covered, though don’t take it as a slam dunk, ECO’s can be unpredictable.

Thanks for your offer of a donation, but they’re neither expected or accepted, a thank you is all I ask for - but get the visa first [emoji41]

19 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Many Thai people are paid in cash, maybe she should add a short sentence saying what you’ve just described on either her covering note or the section on the application that asks if there’s anything she wishes to add, she’s the applicant so she should mention it, that should stop the ECO being concerned.

The important think to satisfy them is her employment, and affordability, you seem to have that covered, though don’t take it as a slam dunk, ECO’s can be unpredictable.

Thanks for your offer of a donation, but they’re neither expected or accepted, a thank you is all I ask for - but get the visa first emoji41.png

I will add a short sentence to the cover letter  about her being paid in cash  , yes I have read so many refusals and am not holding my breath can only wait and see the outcome . I will be applying this weekend through .gov website and uploading all documents to vfs shortly after so fingers crossed ???? I’m sure I will be bugging u again with more questions for the application . Thank you so much ????????

HI, I am not from UK but from Belgium, and I have invited my thai girlfriend already 3 times to visit Europe and each time successful.

Maybe the rules for UK citizens to invite their thai fiance/girlfriend over for a holiday are different, but my girlfriend did not have to write any letter at all.  She basically had to provide the evidence that she had a reason for going back to Thailand (she has her own house and 2 children), and I had to write an invitation letter and providing evidence a.o. that I was financially secure, would take care of all her costs when necessary and had no criminal record.  With those documents she had to apply in Bangkok at the Schengen Visa-service for getting the Visa, which was granted 2 days later.

It was not hard at all, and my invitation letter was short and concise but contained all the necessary info.

If it could be of help I can PM you a copy and an overview of the documents I did sent to her.

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

HI, I am not from UK but from Belgium, and I have invited my thai girlfriend already 3 times to visit Europe and each time successful.

Maybe the rules for UK citizens to invite their thai fiance/girlfriend over for a holiday are different, but my girlfriend did not have to write any letter at all.  She basically had to provide the evidence that she had a reason for going back to Thailand (she has her own house and 2 children), and I had to write an invitation letter and providing evidence a.o. that I was financially secure, would take care of all her costs when necessary and had no criminal record.  With those documents she had to apply in Bangkok at the Schengen Visa-service for getting the Visa, which was granted 2 days later.

It was not hard at all, and my invitation letter was short and concise but contained all the necessary info.

If it could be of help I can PM you a copy and an overview of the documents I did sent to her.

Hi thanks for the information yes that would be great if you can pm them over would be good to see what you have written , as you said its probably different for Belgium but would be good to see how you did it. Thanks

On 9/29/2019 at 10:03 PM, Tom1982 said:

Hi,

One thing that jumps out at me is that she mentions she is allowed to be away from the shop for two weeks to visit the UK (but not longer as she takes her brother to school etc), but actually she will be away for nearly six weeks as you'll be in Turkey from the 15th December, then Cyprus, then finally on to the UK.   

It may only be seen as a minor discrepancy or they may make more of it, I have no idea.  Probably not a bad idea to make sure it all tallies though.

I am a self employed gas engineer and am the owner and director of xxx Gas and Heating. (are you the owner or is your father, clarify, maybe joint owner and Director) as a self employed person I have the opportunity to take this time OFF to spend with xxx and my family and take her around London for the short period of her trip to see the sights, without our business being affected..

Small edit. Off, not of.

14 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes things are very different for applicants applying for a visit to the Schengen Area against those applying for a visit visa for the UK, though in both cases the need to satisfy the decision maker that the applicant will return home, or at least leave the country where the visa is being applied for is of paramount importance.

Whilst covering letters aren't a legal requirement, a short note from those involved in the application may well assist the decision maker focus their minds on the relevent points, my wife has always included covering letters in all her applications for Schengen Visas for a number of Schengen States, all have been successful, as have her applications for UK Visit Visas.

Tom has already covered the financial aspects of the application and criminal record checks are not required for UK Visa applications, or indeed those for the Schengen Area. 

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

One thing that jumps out at me is that she mentions she is allowed to be away from the shop for two weeks to visit the UK (but not longer as she takes her brother to school etc), but actually she will be away for nearly six weeks as you'll be in Turkey from the 15th December, then Cyprus, then finally on to the UK.   

It may only be seen as a minor discrepancy or they may make more of it, I have no idea.  Probably not a bad idea to make sure it all tallies though.

Yes a good point, though Tom has already removed the reference to the school run and the 14 day length of the trip.

12 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Yes things are very different for applicants applying for a visit to the Schengen Area against those applying for a visit visa for the UK, though in both cases the need to satisfy the decision maker that the applicant will return home, or at least leave the country where the visa is being applied for is of paramount importance.

Whilst covering letters aren't a legal requirement, a short note from those involved in the application may well assist the decision maker focus their minds on the relevent points, my wife has always included covering letters in all her applications for Schengen Visas for a number of Schengen States, all have been successful, as have her applications for UK Visit Visas.

Tom has already covered the financial aspects of the application and criminal record checks are not required for UK Visa applications, or indeed those for the Schengen Area. 

Thanks and indeed I am aware that there are differences in application for Visa to Schengen Area and UK.  But still thought my experience could be helpful for the OP.

Obviously the FIRST application is crucial, because in later applications you will of course refer to your history of visits thereby providing evidence of having returned.

And yes, you are right, my mistake: there is no requirement for a certificate of 'Good Conduct' from the person inviting a Thai citizen (in Belgium it is required or suggested for certain Visas to visit Thailand).

Considering the effort Tom is making to 'get it right' I have no doubts that there will be no problem his fiance being provided a Visa to enter UK, and wish him all the best!

16 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Hi,

yes i will make sure i edit that as that may be a problem thanks 

16 hours ago, rasg said:

I am a self employed gas engineer and am the owner and director of xxx Gas and Heating. (are you the owner or is your father, clarify, maybe joint owner and Director) as a self employed person I have the opportunity to take this time OFF to spend with xxx and my family and take her around London for the short period of her trip to see the sights, without our business being affected..

Small edit. Off, not of.

Thaks well spotted 

On 9/30/2019 at 1:22 PM, theoldgit said:

Thanks for your offer of a donation, but they’re neither expected or accepted, a thank you is all I ask for - but get the visa first emoji41.png

Should I get the cover letter, invitation letter and employers letters all translated to Thai ? Thanks 

Should I get the cover letter, invitation letter and employers letters all translated to Thai ? Thanks 
No, only letters not in English [so in Thai] need to be translated into English.
If a Thai employer writes a letter in Thai it will need to be translated into English, if they write in English they would be expected to communicate in English if they’re called for confirmation by a member of the UKVI team.

9 hours ago, theoldgit said:

No, only letters not in English [so in Thai] need to be translated into English.
If a Thai employer writes a letter in Thai it will need to be translated into English, if they write in English they would be expected to communicate in English if they’re called for confirmation by a member of the UKVI team.

Ok thanks Again ????????

16 hours ago, Tom1982 said:

Ok thanks Again ????????

On the online application it asks the following , should i put the main reason for visit is for tourism or to visit family ? do you think what i have written is ok ?

Travel information

What is the main reason for your visit to the UK?
Tourism (including visiting family and friends)
ChangeMain reason for your visit
What is the main reason for your holiday visit to the UK?
Tourist
ChangeMain reason for your holiday visit
Give details of the main purpose of your visit and anything else you plan to do on your trip. See tourist and short stays for more information.

The main purpose of this visit is to see the UK and meet the rest of my fiance's family. I will be staying at his parents house and they will be taken me to popular tourists sites in London ,such as Buckingham Palace , Big Ben & Oxford Street

She has already advised that she intends to stay at your parents house, I don’t think there’s any need to repeat it.

I personally would end the sentence at London., l don’t think she needs to elaborate with specifics, Big Ben is a massive bell which requires a tour and hundreds of stairs, anyway it’s closed for refurbishment - sorry I can’t help myself sometimes. [emoji41]

13 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

She has already advised that she intends to stay at your parents house, I don’t think there’s any need to repeat it.

I personally would end the sentence at London., l don’t think she needs to elaborate with specifics, Big Ben is a massive bell which requires a tour and hundreds of stairs, anyway it’s closed for refurbishment - sorry I can’t help myself sometimes. emoji41.png

So is her main reason to visit tourism or to visit family ? Haha that’s very true well we could always go watch the builders haha thanks for pointing that out ????????

Archived