Jump to content
BANGKOK
Tom1982

help with Cover letter standard visit visa uk

Recommended Posts

D04FDB13-A4B4-48AF-AD0F-60B0013E6295.thumb.jpeg.abfcb1a85fc5ed2e1e0f29edbe930c48.jpeg7708B7C2-38A3-4AA1-9D49-41533CCB29C1.thumb.jpeg.5db562f2c0d6b021d9e97ac7594d76bd.jpegHi 

 i have uploaded a sample of the cover letter i am going to use for my fiancee's visa application , have i covered everything or is it to much info ? any help would be much appreciated.

COVER LETTER plain.doc

Edited by Tom1982

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I have attached the sponsorship letter from my dad this is kind of a invitation letter also Is that ok or should I separate the 2 and just include info about sponsorship and another letter of invitation or is this acceptable ? Should I include any other info or documents ? Thanks  in advanceC49E1797-E5C8-4DF1-B13F-AC28E29CD01F.thumb.jpeg.14645bf7afb64b538c8970c2065071bf.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've reworked your girlfriends covering letter, I think the first draft has too much waffle, as advised previously the ECO only has a short time to consider the facts, the details about how you met add nothing to the application, and whilst it may be of interest to you, it won't help the ECO make a decision.

 

My draft is only a suggestion, you guys must decide the final draft.

 

Good luck

 

 

 

GF cover letter Tom1982.doc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you send the letter from you father as a word document, either on the forum or by pm, I'll have a stab at it, it's far too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I've reworked your girlfriends covering letter, I think the first draft has too much waffle, as advised previously the ECO only has a short time to consider the facts, the details about how you met add nothing to the application, and whilst it may be of interest to you, it won't help the ECO make a decision.

 

My draft is only a suggestion, you guys must decide the final draft.

 

Good luck

 

 

 

GF cover letter Tom1982.doc 37 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you I really do appreciate you going out your way to do that , there is some good people left in this world 🙏🏼 I will upload the sponsor letter aswell shortly . Thanks again 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, theoldgit said:

If you send the letter from you father as a word document, either on the forum or by pm, I'll have a stab at it, it's far too long.

thanks i have uploaded it here 

SPONSORSHIP LETTER plain.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have redrafted the letter from your father, he really just needs to confirm he will help out financially and provide accomodation, the ECO doesn't need to be told everything your girlfriend has said again.

 

As I said yesterday, you guys must decide what to submit, but there's a danger you'll overwhelm the ECO with your first draft.

 

Good luck.

Tom, sponsors covering letter.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I have redrafted the letter from your father, he really just needs to confirm he will help out financially and provide accomodation, the ECO doesn't need to be told everything your girlfriend has said again.

 

As I said yesterday, you guys must decide what to submit, but there's a danger you'll overwhelm the ECO with your first draft.

 

Good luck.

Tom, sponsors covering letter.doc 25.5 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks again I will definitely be taking your advise . I will also

write a short statement regarding our relationship would you mind if I also uploaded that over the next few days ? And is there anything else you recommend ? We will also be getting a short statement from her dad stating that she works at the family shop and they have agreed to 14 day holiday . Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tom1982 said:

Thanks again I will definitely be taking your advise . I will also

write a short statement regarding our relationship would you mind if I also uploaded that over the next few days ? And is there anything else you recommend ? We will also be getting a short statement from her dad stating that she works at the family shop and they have agreed to 14 day holiday . Thanks 

Hi i hope you dont mind me uploading my supporting letter is this to much info ? should i include my bank statements ?  or is my passport and call logs sufficient as i am not the sponsor ? Thanks 

SPONSOR Ali plain.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a lot better, made a a couple of very minor suggestions, hope that doesn't sound patronising.

 

Yes, to get your fiances parents to right a short note, they don't need to go into too much detail about the trip itself, just say that cover for the short trip has been arranged, and that she is expected back on the date mentioned, also clarify who owns the business.

 

That letter can be in Thai or English, if it's in Thai you'll need to provide a translation, if it's in English and the UKVI call to discuss the contents of the note, which they sometimes do, the writer of the letter will be expected to communicate in English. Either was ensure the writer is aware of the contents of the letter.

Tom covering letter.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, theoldgit said:

That's a lot better, made a a couple of very minor suggestions, hope that doesn't sound patronising.

 

Yes, to get your fiances parents to right a short note, they don't need to go into too much detail about the trip itself, just say that cover for the short trip has been arranged, and that she is expected back on the date mentioned, also clarify who owns the business.

 

That letter can be in Thai or English, if it's in Thai you'll need to provide a translation, if it's in English and the UKVI call to discuss the contents of the note, which they sometimes do, the writer of the letter will be expected to communicate in English. Either was ensure the writer is aware of the contents of the letter.

Tom covering letter.doc 26 kB · 2 downloads

Hi , no not patronising at all you have been such a help as I am lost with this application and you know what you are talking about , I really appreciate your help. 

 

You metioned about my business i don’t work with my dad it’s my own company , they should be able to work that out with the different company names

 

 

Another thing I forgot was my girlfriend gets paid cash but she has been putting a little bit (500-1000baht) every couple of weeks for the last 6 moths but she has also been using some of them at money so she only has about 7000 baht in her account shouldshe mention on her cover note that she is paid cash and by the time she pays her bills she doesn’t really have much left. Or should this Be mentioned on the visa application or maybe on the letter from her parents ? 

 

Please don’t take this the wrong way  but do you take donations as I would like to give you something for your help you really have gone out your way for me . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many Thai people are paid in cash, maybe she should add a short sentence saying what you’ve just described on either her covering note or the section on the application that asks if there’s anything she wishes to add, she’s the applicant so she should mention it, that should stop the ECO being concerned.

The important think to satisfy them is her employment, and affordability, you seem to have that covered, though don’t take it as a slam dunk, ECO’s can be unpredictable.

Thanks for your offer of a donation, but they’re neither expected or accepted, a thank you is all I ask for - but get the visa first [emoji41]

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Many Thai people are paid in cash, maybe she should add a short sentence saying what you’ve just described on either her covering note or the section on the application that asks if there’s anything she wishes to add, she’s the applicant so she should mention it, that should stop the ECO being concerned.

The important think to satisfy them is her employment, and affordability, you seem to have that covered, though don’t take it as a slam dunk, ECO’s can be unpredictable.

Thanks for your offer of a donation, but they’re neither expected or accepted, a thank you is all I ask for - but get the visa first emoji41.png

 

 

 

 

I will add a short sentence to the cover letter  about her being paid in cash  , yes I have read so many refusals and am not holding my breath can only wait and see the outcome . I will be applying this weekend through .gov website and uploading all documents to vfs shortly after so fingers crossed 🤞 I’m sure I will be bugging u again with more questions for the application . Thank you so much 🙏🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI, I am not from UK but from Belgium, and I have invited my thai girlfriend already 3 times to visit Europe and each time successful.

Maybe the rules for UK citizens to invite their thai fiance/girlfriend over for a holiday are different, but my girlfriend did not have to write any letter at all.  She basically had to provide the evidence that she had a reason for going back to Thailand (she has her own house and 2 children), and I had to write an invitation letter and providing evidence a.o. that I was financially secure, would take care of all her costs when necessary and had no criminal record.  With those documents she had to apply in Bangkok at the Schengen Visa-service for getting the Visa, which was granted 2 days later.

It was not hard at all, and my invitation letter was short and concise but contained all the necessary info.

If it could be of help I can PM you a copy and an overview of the documents I did sent to her.

Edited by Peter Denis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

HI, I am not from UK but from Belgium, and I have invited my thai girlfriend already 3 times to visit Europe and each time successful.

Maybe the rules for UK citizens to invite their thai fiance/girlfriend over for a holiday are different, but my girlfriend did not have to write any letter at all.  She basically had to provide the evidence that she had a reason for going back to Thailand (she has her own house and 2 children), and I had to write an invitation letter and providing evidence a.o. that I was financially secure, would take care of all her costs when necessary and had no criminal record.  With those documents she had to apply in Bangkok at the Schengen Visa-service for getting the Visa, which was granted 2 days later.

It was not hard at all, and my invitation letter was short and concise but contained all the necessary info.

If it could be of help I can PM you a copy and an overview of the documents I did sent to her.

Hi thanks for the information yes that would be great if you can pm them over would be good to see what you have written , as you said its probably different for Belgium but would be good to see how you did it. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...