help with Cover letter standard visit visa uk

On 10/8/2019 at 4:03 PM, theoldgit said:

Until you marry she isn’t family, so it just visiting your family and tourism.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks she submitted the application today and she will book her appointment with vfs for next week so just getting the final documents together so fingers crossed . we did actually try to book the appointment online but there seems to be a problem as it wont let us select a different date apart from appointments for monday , if possible can you have a read of her employers letter which is from her dad and let me know if you think this is ok or should it be on a headed paper with company details etc ? 

prasit employeer letter plain.doc

Tom

I've suggested a couple of alterations to tidy it up a bit, as always it's up to you guys.

As the letter is in English you need to ensure that dad can answer in English if a member of the UKVI team in Bangkok call for clarification, of course include a telephone number with the address on the letter, and ensure he's aware of the contents of the letter.
Don't worry if it's not on headed paper, it's better if it's printed though.
Does your gf have a valid visa for Cyprus, bearing in mind any possible Brexit problems?

Tom employee letter.doc

17 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Tom

I've suggested a couple of alterations to tidy it up a bit, as always it's up to you guys.

As the letter is in English you need to ensure that dad can answer in English if a member of the UKVI team in Bangkok call for clarification, of course include a telephone number with the address on the letter, and ensure he's aware of the contents of the letter.
Don't worry if it's not on headed paper, it's better if it's printed though.
Does your gf have a valid visa for Cyprus, bearing in mind any possible Brexit problems?

Tom employee letter.doc 25.5 kB · 5 downloads

Thanks again , we are actually going to north Cyprus which is not in the EU I have also stated that on the visa application as they only let you select cyprus and didn’t want them to think I was trying to mislead them that she has already entered a eu country . 

• 5 weeks later...

Still nervously waiting it’s been 13 days since mrs went to vfs in bkk I no it says Upto 15 working days but we are seeing people online getting there decision before us when they actually went to vfs at a later date . Is there any way of tracking the application as I found something from a google search for tracking applications but it seems to be the German vfs site . If by Friday they don’t contact her who do we contact vfs Bangkok ? Thanks and fingers crossed all this panic will be over with a good result ????????

there are plenty of standard letter examples on the internet. if you are sponsoring her i fail to see why it matters about her money and how it is paid. the immigrayion are not concerned with that. they want to know have you met her ,where will she be staying, do you or she have sufficient funds for her trip and has she got a returnticket. there is nothiong hard about getting a visa to the uk as logs you read and fufill therequirements on the goevernment web site. The Uk is noi Thailand,

so after 13 days my fiance was sent a email with the refusul letter, they tried to contact her employer / dad and he was sleeping while they called. it was my own stupid mistake not making them aware that he works night shifts and to call after 5pm . We have applied again today and my gf will be looking after the phone for the 15 days after vfs so this doesn't happen again . its annoying that this has happened but we will literally send all the same documents as there only reason for refusal was the phone call this shows the rest off the application was good ? thanks the old git for helping me your advice was definitely good and we will send in the exact same documents with date amendments .

i have copied the refusel letter and will paste it below please let me know your thoughts . thanks 

REFUSEL LETTER :

REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0 You have applied for a visa to visit the UK. In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor-rules), I have considered:  your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it·  your immigration history· The decision I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 4.2 of Appendix V because: The Immigration Rules require me to be satisfied about your intentions. I must take into consideration your personal circumstances and it is your responsibility to ensure you submit sufficient evidence. Your economic circumstances are also relevant to your application, especially in the absence of previous travel to the UK where you have demonstrated compliance to UK immigration rules. You have applied for a visa to the UK for 14 days for tourism. I note that you have indicated that your partner will be responsible for some of the costs associated with your visit whilst you are in the UK, including accommodation, and you have submitted supporting documents to evidence this, however the documentation you submit to evidence your personal circumstances is paramount in my assessment of your application. To consider whether or not I am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules I must assess your own personal and financial circumstances. You state in your application that you are a shop assistant employed by Mr xxx. This office tried to contact your employer using the details you provided as well as from open source checks. However we were not able to reach your employer to confirm your employment. Given this fact, this leads me to have doubts about your employment circumstances and whether it is as you have described in your application. I am therefore not satisfied as to your intentions for visiting the UK or that you will leave at the end of the period specified by you in your application. I am also not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose permitted by the visitor routes. Paragraph 4.2 (a)(c) of Appendix V of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules

Archived