14 vocational students die in road carnage in Samut Prakan

Isaanbiker

14 vocational students die in road carnage in Samut Prakan

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4oAgEwPR0rqkp2aL7MBn6w6C

Fourteen vocational students were killed, and others were seriously injured, when their pick-up truck crashed into a roadside utility power pole and overturned in Bang Phli district of Samut Prakan province early this morning.

The pick-up was a complete wreck and was found about 200 meters from the pole in Soi Kingkaew 21 of Tambon Rachatheva.

According to an initial police report, there were 18 students, from Si Sa Ket technical college, crammed into the bed of the truck. The students had just completed job training at a factory in Samut Prakan and been at a party before attending a Mor Lum concert in Soi Kingkaew 21. Police said that the fatal accident occurred as the pickup truck was taking the students back to their lodgings. 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/14-vocational-students-die-in-road-carnage-in-samut-prakan/

thaipbs.jpg

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

sad indeed, again an idiot driver was driving too fast for his monkey driving abilities and the result is in this pictures....

They should stop let Thais drive cars, they are simply unable to do it.

Kids aren't pigs and should never be transported on a damn pick up truck with an eventually drunk driver.

The "dinner" was actually a Morlam party after the students had finished the college getting them a job. I don't get it. It's so insane. 

That's so scary to see their bodies, knowing a few of the victims. RIP. 

Look at the wheels on this truck. Guaranteed it had turbo upgrades and was either racing or just driving way too fast. I always see these stupid trucks running like 600hp boosting down the roads billowing diesel clouds out the back. 

2 minutes ago, lust said:

Look at the wheels on this truck. Guaranteed it had turbo upgrades and was either racing or just driving way too fast. I always see these stupid trucks running like 600hp boosting down the roads billowing diesel clouds out the back. 

It's sad enough to see the victims, no need to go into details about some Turbo stuff.

Just now, Isaanbiker said:

It's sad enough to see the victims, no need to go into details about some Turbo stuff.

Not sure why you’re so affected by this story but that’s your business. Just stating the facts.

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

It would certainly effect me if I saw photos of the broken bodies of young people that I knew..

Exactly. It's different if close to you by relation or location.

If five people killed at a T-junction where I drive by regularly it's different from reading about some horror crash in Phuket, Samui or elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Exactly. It's different if it's close to you by relation or location.

If five people killed at a T-junction where I drive by regularly it's different from reading about some horror crash in Phuket, Samui or elsewhere.

Thanks, I knew some of them. Our son is at the same institution, but luckily he wasn't on this trip.

Looking at the dead bodies scares me to death. 

Update.....17 kids have lost their lives in this accident. Apparently two trucks were racing don't know if both were loading down with passengers.

The local's said that "trucks driving fast" is common to this area....alcohol consumption is common too...with driving...???

1 minute ago, toofarnorth said:

Maybe I come from a diffent time and place but I find the pic of the bodies covered in cardboard absolutely in bad taste , maybe the wrong expression but people standing around gawping , I wouldn't be one of them ,a Thai thing I suppose.

It's totally weird for the relatives and friends who know exactly who's on the photo. Absolutely tasteless. 

4 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

Update.....17 kids have lost their lives in this accident. Apparently two trucks were racing don't know if both were loading down with passengers.

The local's said that "trucks driving fast" is common to this area....alcohol consumption is common too...with driving...???

There'll be more, I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, Isaanbiker said:

There'll be more, I'm afraid. 

Agreed.

I think it was only last year when they tried to make it illegal to ride in the open back of a truck. Then it was muted to at least limit the numbers.

Both these attempts to save lives met with wide public complaints and were scrapped.

Here we see why this legislation is necessary and yet will not happen.

Tragic but unavoidable without law and police enforcement.

13 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Maybe I come from a diffent time and place but I find the pic of the bodies covered in cardboard absolutely in bad taste , maybe the wrong expression but people standing around gawping , I wouldn't be one of them ,a Thai thing I suppose.

Sadly this a very common behavior throughout Asia. And I somehow suspect that the same would happen in some of the more developed countries if the police didn't take robust action in keeping the gawkers at bay.

The British police are very stern in this respect. 'Move on there' is a commonly heard phrase at accident scenes.

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

13 students of Sisaket Technical College were killed and multiple others injured when a pickup truck full of students

I mean really,  13 kids in a pickup truck?

Sad fact is 50-60 people die every day in Thailand in vehicle accidents, yet not covered in the news.  102 road fatalities per day in the USA.  

RIP and condolences to all family and friends 

1 minute ago, Skallywag said:

I mean really,  13 kids in a pickup truck?

Sad fact is 15 die every day in Thailand in vehicle accidents, yet not covered in the news

RIP and condolences to all family and friends 

There were two pickups involved. And alcohol, plus who knows what. 

Will be going to visit one of the families impacted by this loss, as the boy came from my GF’s village(near Uthomphon). I am told the driver (who survived) had been drinking with his passengers/victims.

R.I.P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Will be going to visit one of the families impacted by this loss, as the boy came from my GF’s village(near Uthomphon). I am told the driver (who survived) had been drinking with his passengers/victims.

R.I.P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sincere condolences to them. 

Archived