14 vocational students die in road carnage in Samut Prakan

Isaanbiker

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HaleySabai said:

Update.....17 kids have lost their lives in this accident. Apparently two trucks were racing don't know if both were loading down with passengers.

The local's said that "trucks driving fast" is common to this area....alcohol consumption is common too...with driving...???

Like I said I’m my previous post, most likely racing. Just because someone on here is somehow connected to the victim, we’re supposed to ignore the facts that they were both drunk and street racing? 

Every story posted on here about street racing or drunk driving is met with “ they should be in jail for the rest of the their lives”. And now everyone is tearing up because they are students at a college? 

Also, the people that say “where were the police?” Come back to reality. You think the police are everywhere at all times? There’s 15 million people in the BKK area. 

3 minutes ago, lust said:

Like I said I’m my previous post, most likely racing. Just because someone on here is somehow connected to the victim, we’re supposed to ignore the facts that they were both drunk and street racing? 

Every story posted on here about street racing or drunk driving is met with “ they should be in jail for the rest of the their lives”. And now everyone is tearing up because they are students at a college? 

Also, the people that say “where were the police?” Come back to reality. You think the police are everywhere at all times? There’s 15 million people in the BKK area. 

Truth.

12 minutes ago, lust said:

My apologies, didn't mean to be impolite. Yes, it's clearly speeding and a drunk driver who didn't care about his passengers.

A tragedy...one suspects alcohol likely involved.. until the Thai male ego can deal with being told you're a bloody idiot drinking and driving and police and the country starts to take the issue more seriously and arrest, fine and jail the perpetrators with a much needed countrywide cultural awakening then sadly there will be many many more.  The wai just doesn't work.....

1 minute ago, andytime said:

A tragedy...one suspects alcohol likely involved.. until the Thai male ego can deal with being told you're a bloody idiot drinking and driving and police and the country starts to take the issue more seriously and arrest, fine and jail the perpetrators with a much needed countrywide cultural awakening then sadly there will be many many more.  The wai just doesn't work.....

They came back from a Morlam event where drinking seems to be "normal".I hope that the driver will rot in hell. 

8 minutes ago, andytime said:

With selfmade politicians, there's no light at the end of the gruesome tunnel. 

17 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

A pick up is not made to carry people behind, only goods. All these horrible massacres are to be attributed to those who badly govern and who have recently been authorized. They are the real culprits of this continuous street slaughter

So are the police for not enforcing the law. The video should run in all police stations non stop with a big headline: Do your job to avoid this.

Everyone who sits on the platform of a pickup truck should be able to imagine what will happen in a case of an accident. Everyone who is standing on the platform of trucks (often construction workers) should be able to understand what happens in case of an accident. Everyone who stands on the platform of a Baht Bus should be able to imagine what happens if a car crashes into the back of the Baht Bus. I could make an endless list.... It is not only a problem of laws... 

2 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

Update.....17 kids have lost their lives in this accident. Apparently two trucks were racing don't know if both were loading down with passengers.

The local's said that "trucks driving fast" is common to this area....alcohol consumption is common too...with driving...???

so  now  more information  start  to  emerge, turbo   comment very  relevant if true.

27 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

A pick up is not made to carry people behind, only goods. All these horrible massacres are to be attributed to those who badly govern and who have recently been authorized. They are the real culprits of this continuous street slaughter

You are right and Prayuth 

banned it another year or two ago; the safety belt MUST be attached to the front and back;
as there are no belts in the bucket of a pickup, a minimum of intelligence makes you understand that it does not put people.

I have just made a little trip of 2,000 km;
from my home to Prachuap Khiri Khan;
being nice, about 99% of sedan and pickup drivers have passed me and some have unreasonable speeds
My vehicle is very far from being a slow machine;
it is a pickup Isuzu of 3,000cc with automatic transmission and I roll between 90 and 95 per hour so at the maximum speed allowed.

2,000 km and no see police along the road ;

only automatic radars on high mats .

59 minutes ago, overherebc said:

More new laws coming soon.

Laws that won’t be enforced.

Anyone seen the new van check in points along the highway at any stops? We just drove from Phuket to Chiang Mai Last week and didn’t see one. 

7 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Everyone who sits on the platform of a pickup truck should be able to imagine what will happen in a case of an accident. Everyone who is standing on the platform of trucks (often construction workers) should be able to understand what happens in case of an accident. Everyone who stands on the platform of a Baht Bus should be able to imagine what happens if a car crashes into the back of the Baht Bus. I could make an endless list.... It is not only a problem of laws... 

Mai sanook.

12 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

People in pickups law was thrown out because of thais childish mentality. Bloods on the pms hands!! 

That said, who the hell rides in the back of a drunk thais ute? 

Unfortunately, 14 or 17 kids who had no other option.

4 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Because he knows some of them?

It would certainly effect me if I saw photos of the broken bodies of young people that I knew..

I guess knowing them goes hit home a bit harder than the hit you get thinking about any kids slaughtered by some fxxxxing idiot. 

30 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

You are right and Prayuth 

banned it another year or two ago; the safety belt MUST be attached to the front and back;
as there are no belts in the bucket of a pickup, a minimum of intelligence makes you understand that it does not put people.

I have just made a little trip of 2,000 km;
from my home to Prachuap Khiri Khan;
being nice, about 99% of sedan and pickup drivers have passed me and some have unreasonable speeds
My vehicle is very far from being a slow machine;
it is a pickup Isuzu of 3,000cc with automatic transmission and I roll between 90 and 95 per hour so at the maximum speed allowed.

2,000 km and no see police along the road ;

only automatic radars on high mats .

I don't know if the police Thai highways are totally under number or are quietly cool in the offices waiting for the next accident.

This is also a very important economic loss for the country due to these high massacres roads.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

More new laws coming soon.

I think we all know that it is not the lack of laws but the lack of enforcement and compliance that is really behind the problem.  My pickup has insurance for seven persons and seatbelts for five.  There are two laws already that can be seen to have been broken without any investigation at all.  Many are suffering tragic loss and many should be feeling guilt for allowing it to happen.

Archived