Visa Exempt, ED Visa, Visa Exempt --> Tourist Visa?

What are ur guys thoughts about the likelihood of me getting a 60 Day Tourist Visa in Vientiane (via land with thaivisaservice, German Passport) after using the following Visa types the last years:

2016: 5 Visa Exempts (4x air & 1x land)

2017: 2 Visa Exempts (via land) + 12 month ED Visa

2018: 9 months ED Visa

2019: 2 Visa Exempts (via land)

Never had a tourist Visa or work permit, never overstayed.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

Thai Visa Service won't take you if they don't think there is a high chance you'll get one.

Talked to them already and they said should be possible. Was surprised cuz I stayed so long already (even though no tourist visas).

Just wanted some more opinions. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can obtain tourist visa no problem. Once you have one good luck flying into say DM. Main reason being your not a tourist. Enter via border crossing.

He will be using the Nong Khai land crossing so shouldn't have any problem once he has the visa.

There is a high probability you will be OK. That said, I think you were very unwise to squander your emergency visa exempt by land entries thus leaving yourself no good fallback if the tourist visa is refused. In the event that Vientiane refuses you a tourist visa, ask if they will at least give you a transit visa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

There is a high probability you will be OK. That said, I think you were very unwise to squander your emergency visa exempt by land entries thus leaving yourself no good fallback if the tourist visa is refused. In the event that Vientiane refuses you a tourist visa, ask if they will at least give you a transit visa.

I thought it was Savannakhet playing the Transit Visa card? Vientiane too?

9 hours ago, elviajero said:

I thought it was Savannakhet playing the Transit Visa card? Vientiane too?

No sure what you mean by card. They have offered one when a visa was denied. It is up to the person that was denied to get it. Some people have no choice if they have used up their land border crossings for the year or do not qualify for a visa exempt entry.

Vientiane would issue one if asked for after the application was denied.

I'm not sure if Vientiane goes as far as offering a transit visa in case of denial of the visa requested, but I've heard that it's possible to get one, either directly or with the "help" of an agent. Chances are you won't get stuck (could always fly out, too).